Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: How does your DPS stack up against your guild?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Special cap is 8%, Spell cap is 17%- So Yes.
    Just wondering, do spell casters get 17% cap? Or is it not as important as our melee cap is for us? Sorry for off topic question, but my lock just hit 80 and I have no clue about casters.

On topic: When I dont tank, which is rare, I have peaked at 5k on general with less gear than I have atm, but currently do 4k+ easily on non dmg buffed fights. Our mages and locks top the meters.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Just wondering, do spell casters get 17% cap? Or is it not as important as our melee cap is for us? Sorry for off topic question, but my lock just hit 80 and I have no clue about casters.

On topic: When I dont tank, which is rare, I have peaked at 5k on general with less gear than I have atm, but currently do 4k+ easily on non dmg buffed fights. Our mages and locks top the meters.
    To answer your Offtopic question: Place points in T1 of Affliction for the +3% hit. Depending on your spec (I.E. Destro), you need a lot of hit and will want to stay as close to the cap as possible while not sacrificing some other stats. Note that Spell hit scales faster than Melee hit- That is to say, while you may have 1.0000% Melee hit from 32.79 Hit Rating, you will gain 1.2500% Spell Hit from 32.79% Hit rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Yes, most casters will get 14% hit considering they have the 3% buff from shadow priests, 1 spell thats miss = so bad.

Other than that, i usually am around 1st spot and 5th, take a look at : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...?s=2904&e=3141

Typically the only people who out dps me are our hunters or blood dk. Are Unholy dk has fallen behind on dps. On the Twins I usually dop the meters along with LJ(Lord Jaraxxus).

Depends on the fight but usually I'm in top 5 with most of the time rogues and warlocks or warriors, we don't have many DKs sadly.
    In fight against UD I'm top 2, first if I don't sacrifice gcds to help out.

Typically I'm in the top 3 if not first. Our rogue and feral's seem to be the biggest competition for me at the moment unless it's some kind of gimmicky caster fight. Was able to keep up with our spell stealing mages last night on 25 man hard mode Jaraxxus untill the last 3% or so when they finally pulled ahead. Still managed to pull off about 7760 dps even though i lost my vengeance stack a few times during portal phases.

3-10 usually, the way ToC is setup with the lack of trash and target switching means being able to use Seal of Corruption basically the entire time so dps is usually approaching it's limit.

The big factor with ret is how much we scale based on our weapon, so depending on when you last upgraded your main hand can have a huge influence on how well you do.

Our ret was 3rd on Ignis last night.

1st: Blood DK (7.5k dps)
    2nd: Myself, MM Hunter (7.5k DPS, slag potted once FTL)
    3rd: Retadin, (7.0k DPS)

I am number one in my guild about 95% of the time. Even on mobility fights. Now my dps is very good and it's awesome to be number one. But when it comes to certain fights and I know our dps as a raid is too low to get it done it pisses me off b/c im ahead of all the pures in my raids. Idk if it's gear or the fact that I play my class better but it really pisses me off when it holds us back and I hear people in vent bitch about how they should do the most damage and don't.

Sorry had to vent a little

Well since this is a pally thread...My pally is okay in the 2nd alts team, usually top 5.

As far as the main team goes (In which I play a kitty) the ret pallies aren't far from the top, usually 6th and 7th. (Of course they are up against me and a couple rogues)
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Deleted

Well, after my vacation I've slipped behind a bit, but I'm usually in the top five/wrestling with 3 others for first for DPS in the guild.

On most trash my dps goes down, though, since I usually go for the annoying mobs which breaks up my rotation now and then. You know, sorcerors, menders, healers, totems/nodes/whatevers... All those mobs that can stretch out the duration of a fight and waste health and mana.

Death knight. Does bout 6000-8000 dps each encounter while im at 4000-5500
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic
    "OMFG I spent 7g buying [insert item name] from action house, but it didn't go in my bag!"....

The top spots in my guild are divided by me, two warrs and rogue. Who's on top is up to RNG usually.

And it pisses me off greatly. My gear is good, but not THAT good. I have the experience with ret, but don't think I'm something phenomenal. Yet still I wipe the floor with most other DPSers in the raid. In my mind, it means that they are not playing to the fullest. But oh well, at least I get to shout "Pick up the pace! You are being beaten by a loladin!" over TS
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrera
    It might a l2p-issue but then other classes are just too face roll compared to ele shamans.