Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Firefighter 10 - When to Hero?

Quote Originally Posted by Azrune
    One time a friend and I were talking about a fight in a class at school, and he mentioned "BL" and I was like, wtf? Heroism, imo.
    You'd think that by now everyone would know what they both refer to.

Still though, it's obviously Bloodlust for a number of reasons:

1. Horde had Shaman in Vanilla WoW and had Bloodlust before Alliance even ahd Shaman available to them.
    2. Heroism was introduced in Burning Crusade. As mentioned in #1, Bloodlust had been around long before that. The name change was just to fit the spell with Draenei.
    3. It was called Bloodlust in Warcraft 3 when it was a spell used by Orc Shaman.

I can understand why some Horde get annoyed when they hear Heroism, but by now both sides should really know that there's no difference.

If the timer is the issue, you want to use it in p2. The reason is, this is the only time in the fight where you can realistically get 40 seconds out of the BL/hero ability. When we did it we burnt it in p4, as we had far too many p1 and p2 attempts that they became rather easy, and if someoen died there we called it a wipe and saved brezes. The problem of using it on the head, 2 cores or not, is that you will not get the full forty seconds out of it. We found p4 to be the hardest/most intense part by a long shot. We used it then to shorten the phase a good bit, p4 is when everything pulls together and one person dying even a few seconds early (ranged tank for example) could cause chaos.

ultimately, if the timer is an issue, use it in p2. If you find you are having difficulties in p3 then use it then, as its probably the second best chance to get a good burn so long as the head is well placed.

We used it in P4 eventually, but then we had no problems with the timer since we were running only 2 healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Squib
    1. Horde had Shaman in Vanilla WoW and had Bloodlust before Alliance even ahd Shaman available to them.
    2. Heroism was introduced in Burning Crusade. As mentioned in #1, Bloodlust had been around long before that. The name change was just to fit the spell with Draenei.
    thats just WRONG, bloodlust is a lvl 70 spell that means it was added on tbc, when both factions had shamans

Quote Originally Posted by starwarriors
    Its called HEROISM .
    its called BLOODLUST

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwtfbbq
    Also this.
    God i hate when people call it 'Heroism'... I need few seconds to stop and think wtf is heroism :P

Well i hate when yall say lust

@OP

In the mountains

Quote Originally Posted by killarth

@OP

In the mountains
    ...What?

Anywho, we got it within 3 attempts, first wipe was due to my plan A.

Plan was for our Shaman to pick up a Core, and then we kill another bot, and then I pick up the Core.
    "****Has received magnetic core"
    Then I grabbed it.
    "Bainz has received magnetic core"

When our Shaman went to drop it, it was no longer in his bags, yet I still had it.
    We came to the conclusion that it didn't allow you to have more than one, to chain it.

So we just got one, dropped the head, then got another.
    Used Hero Phase 3.

Onto Yogg 1 Light and Algalon tonight, hopefully get our Drakes .

Well, it simply depends on your group. If you have mainly melees, you will probably need it in P3, but then you will still have a hard time killing the head in P4.

Usually regarding the timer you benefit most in P2 from it, as this is the only phase where all dps can do dps without running away from bombs, mines und charges, and from a healer pov this is the most challenging phase.

well gratz on the kill.
    Also yeah.. forgot to mention, now i reminded it as you said it :P
    After looting core you got 1 minute or so till it despawns from your bags, as its conjured item, so what you should do you kill the bot and dont loot it till second bot is down :P
    unless they somehow nerfed it

Yogg+1 on 10man is like walk in a park
    So good luck on algalon

A note about P3 cores:

Since they changed it to where you just click the item and it tosses itself to the right spot, I've noticed that there's a delay between when he goes back up to when he can be brought down by another core.

Previously I'd toss the second core down about a second before he'd go back up, but recently that move has yielded a wasted core.

For my 10-man group, we get the head into a non-firey location while the add is being killed, then use the core right away before the next add shows up. This let us get through P3 quite quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by VanTokkern
    No doubt a bloodlust is spent best in phase 3. Just have 2 different melee picking up 1 core each (one person with 2 cores will place both if used). Drag the head to a spot clear of fire, get it down, pop the bloodlust, wait for the head to be at the top again before placing the second core (it might bug when the head is going up) and then burn it down
    ^This.

I did firefighter 10 prenerf (when fires ticked for 10K, and the boss had more HP). This is the timing we used on our bloodlust.

EDIT: OOO, looks like the OP got it down. Grats to your group.

Quote Originally Posted by LocutuS
    thats just WRONG, bloodlust is a lvl 70 spell that means it was added on tbc, when both factions had shamans
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=2825

The spell id is 2825 which means this spell has most likely been in the game since release. And mind you, it's used by loads of ogre mobs in Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor.

We used bloodlust/heroic in p4. Other phases are smooth for us. Especially p2 with a disc healer spamming glyphed holy nova to keep ranged group up.
    100 Subtlety Rogue - Barthilas
    100 Disc Priest - Barthilas

Thanks for all the tips.
    Now onto:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=106651.0