Lifeward Vs Blood Drain + Trinket questions

Hello people of mmo,

This is me --> http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...s&n=Bubbleatme

As you can see I have already enchanted my weapon with lifeward. However, after reading a few other "critique my tank" threads, i see the Blood Drain is often mentioned so i thought id make a post to see what the general consensus is on the two.

Reasons i have stuck with lifeward:

1. Our healers are pretty good and always on the ball, generally, if i am in a situation where I fall below 35% health, its gonna be a wipe and the comparitively low health regen blood drain gives isnt going to turn the situation.

2. Im a paladin and already have an emergency measure kick in at 35% health.

3. It seems generally better to have a proc that is going to be continuously healing me from 100% - 1% rather than something that is only going to be used from 35% and below.

Further questions:

Assuming none of you come up with some solid reason as to why i should switch to blood drain, is it worth speccing into Reckoning ? I know it generally a useless talent once you have finished levelling but if it procs, i could get extra procs from lifeward also.

My trinket, the Levanthors Talisman (http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=37872). I like it, its nice for "oh balls" situations. However, the general consensus seems to be towards the black heart (http://eu.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=47216). Now extra stamina is never going to be a bad thing but considering i sit just above 30k unbuffed, should i really need to go running off to the black knight or can i safely be happy with the talisman.

Any gear-change suggestions greatly appreciated but please bear in mind that i will rarely, if at all do 25-man versions of anything so suggesting gear that only drops from there is futile.

Finally, yes i know im not def capped. I only just bought the cloak and our enchanter has not been online yet, calm thine selves.

Thank you for your time.

Re: Lifeward Vs Blood Drain + Trinket questions

--Enchants--
    Lifeward is pretty useless as in most cases it only produces overheal.
    Blood Drain, on the other hand, always heals you , when you really need to be healed and does a lot more of heal when it procs.
    That gloves enchant isn't very helpful (threat is not a problem) get Agi or Stamina instead.

--Spec--
    The same thing goes for Divinity: it's almost useless don't spec for it.

I recommend using this Spec and Glyphs:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...&version=10192

If you really like the lower cd on stun you can skip Divinie Guardian for it, as it is mainly good for High end raiding (and you don't seem to do those kind of raids).

--Gear--
    About the trinket: Block Rating is pretty useless for a prot paladin and the use effect is only good against heroic level damage else items like the Black heart are far better in every aspect (Stamina and Armor are the best stats to stack).

--Gems--
    Use either Stamina/Dodge or Stamina/Agility (agi gives more mitigation at the cost of a small amount of avoidance if you have kings on you) for your red gem slots and NEVER gem anything with parry, because parry has the worst rating conversion (cause of diminishing returns).

i have no clue about paladins but i noticed def rating was 538,when u need 540 for raids at least,no idea if u get any from talents etc,just thought to mention it

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfader
    i have no clue about paladins but i noticed def rating was 538,when u need 540 for raids at least,no idea if u get any from talents etc,just thought to mention it
    Quote Originally Posted by Methical40
    Finally, yes i know im not def capped. I only just bought the cloak and our enchanter has not been online yet, calm thine selves.