Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen
    stat weightings are very influenced by what gear you have if your high in crit and low on haste haste will gain a higher value while if your hih in haste and low on crit crit will have the higher value but until you have atleast full 264 crit and agility is generally better than haste.
    acording to rawr for me now the order is like this crit>haste>agility
    The value of haste, crit, and agility is more directly impacted by the set bonuses that you have equipped. For example, 2T9 strongly favored crit and agility because of the relationship to the bonus. Losing that bonus has a huge impact on stat weights. Whereas crit and agility used to have a big lead over haste, they no longer do with the workings of the T10 bonuses. These bonuses increase the value of haste significantly and as such, haste is on par with agility and crit. This simplifies the arguments for the cloak enchants to the point where it's 23>22.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Ok, I've recently got some new gear for my ret and am putting him up here for your critique.

Prot is my main spec so I often overlook some of my ret gear and might be missing the proper enchant or mistakenly have gemmed something wrong. Your descerning eyes will help find my flaws so that I can correct them.

I will mention that I have a few pieces of gear that I could swap out, and I'll list them to give you an idea of what I currently have in my bags that might make a better gear setup, but I think the current one is optimal.

In my bags I have http://www.wowhead.com/item=50327 and I also have http://www.wowhead.com/item=51012. I also have Shadow's Edge.

If there is a better setup involving hit and expertise with these items, let me know. In my current setup I'm at 19 expertise, but if I swap necks I end up 1% below hit cap and at 25 expertise. Yada Yada Yada, I'll let you guys help me out.

I know Bryntroll isnt gemmed, 3 20Str gems will go in it once I get off work today, take this into consideration.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kisko
    Ronark, how come you are still one percent above hit cap and using badge belt? In the same time rating down other people for using Malevolent Belt over Vengeful Noose? ???
    You can't spare 60 emblems? I remember you rocking same awful hit two months ago.
    Because Vengeful Noose would bring me below the hit cap if I replaced my current belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    No sir. Check your stat weights please because the above comment is definitely incorrect. Haste=137, Crit=134, Agility=130
    *Sigh* thats what I get for posting at 4am.

Quote Originally Posted by Macabrily

Wat
    Luv the new sig!!

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Luv the new sig!!
    I got my photoshop back!!

15+ Year Old Account

I got my photoshop back!!
    Is that supposed to be "Tier Sunwell" armor?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Is that supposed to be "Tier Sunwell" armor?
    Nah, it's the Brutal Gladiator's Ornamented set. It's my favorite color scheme for that model. Really love that blue and gold.

I have a knack for derailing threads, don't I? :\
    Everyone's gotta be good at something I guess.

15+ Year Old Account

Nah, it's the Brutal Gladiator's Ornamented set. It's my favorite color scheme for that model. Really love that blue and gold.

I have a knack for derailing threads, don't I? :\
    Everyone's gotta be good at something I guess.
    Thats the same set, afaik.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Ahhh. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Because Vengeful Noose would bring me below the hit cap if I replaced my current belt.
    Well, use several +10hit gems or replace your neck with LDW25 if you have it. It's still be a dps gain, because no stats wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Ok, I've recently got some new gear for my ret and am putting him up here for your critique.

Prot is my main spec so I often overlook some of my ret gear and might be missing the proper enchant or mistakenly have gemmed something wrong. Your descerning eyes will help find my flaws so that I can correct them.

In my bags I have http://www.wowhead.com/item=50327 and I also have http://www.wowhead.com/item=51012. I also have Shadow's Edge.
    H Bryn > Shadow's Edge, so leave it at bag.

1. Enchant legs with Icescale Leg Armor, and gem them pure +20.

2. Put Tear at chest to activate your meta and get +6str socket bonus (getting +6 with red/blue is better than yellow/blue).

3. You don't pvp much but you have Stoicism. There are other talent choices which is less useless for pve, though it doesn't matter really.

4. You missing some expertise and can get couple dps (literally) by gemming for it, but might as well don't bother with it.

Other than that, very solid gear. Enjoy your offspec, you should be able to pull 13k at ICC with it.

Deleted

very nice gear :P had thoos eboots replaced them for crafted leather boots not sure if it was worth it

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...dar&cn=Limeade just got boots didnt have time to enchant

10 str/10 crit gem in chest is pointless if you're not getting the socket bonus, gogo another 20 str gem.
    Put 20 str in gloves, 20 str > 14 str/10 crit. Same goes for bracers.
    20 str in Band of Bone Collossus.
    Swap Nightmare Tear in pants with 1 34 str gem in belt, and make other gem in pants 20 str.
    Changes =
    + 42 Str
    - 50 Crit rating
    - 4 Agi

Now rate my terribad pally alt! (Haven't gemmed or enchanted anything I'm going to replace within a day or 2, cept the cape which I spammed enchants on while levelling)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Scrapmetal

Quote Originally Posted by Dinacor
    Put 20 str in gloves, 20 str > 14 str/10 crit. Same goes for bracers.
    Incorrect. 14Str/10Crit > 20Str with any of the following set bonuses: 2T9, 2T10, or 4T10. This information can be found in any FAQ on these forums or EJ and this has been the case since these set bonuses were first tested. Not new info by any means.

Posted by socket jockeys, no doubt.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

please be gentle

Laurala in sig is paladin
    Must stand in fire ............... Fire GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi
    Unfortunately, gemming and enchanting expertise is a dps loss for paladins. Not a good idea.
    Fortunately, I load other people armories in Rawr before advising, and it is a +2 dps gain for him, and that's exactly what I said - not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahi
    Unfortunately, gemming and enchanting expertise is a dps loss for paladins. Not a good idea.
    Too bad, that if you are stacking Str items, the value of Exp compared to Str increases until it finally gets better than Str. But this is mainly in full Str gear and a gear level higher than ~ 260.

Even EJ suggested, that you need 1 Exp gem with the BiS gear.

Deleted

for the EJ BiS all items list (with or without shadowmourne and with TAJ), expertise comes out above STR, but since you only need 6 rating to cap from the BiS list, it's not worth it to use a full EXP gem.

edit: and the only epic gems with expertise and another stat are exp/hit and exp/defense. the latter is useless for a DPS, and the former is only useful when you can use both the hit and the expertise from the gem.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kisko
    Fortunately, I load other people armories in Rawr before advising, and it is a +2 dps gain for him, and that's exactly what I said - not worth it.
    fully buffed and with the SoV glyph (with SoV active and the right dps priority? right |_|)?
    for me when i loaded his armory it was a dps loss of 4.97 dps to gem expertise once
    neck dps dropped from 376.18 to 371.21

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    fully buffed and with the SoV glyph (with SoV active and the right dps priority? right |_|)?
    for me when i loaded his armory it was a dps loss of 4.97 dps to gem expertise once
    neck dps dropped from 376.18 to 371.21
    Yes, full 25m buffs, Undead, SoV glyph, J-DS-CS-HOW-C-E priority.

Neck +20exp: 473.75
    Neck +20str: 471.83

Looks like you used different settings for Rawr.