Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Even having 100 over hit you should be wearing TaJ the bank is a terrible place for a BiS Trinket even if you can't use the hit it's better then greatness by 4-5 times.
    Wasnt that good back when I tried it on dummy, but guess I just got bad numbers then haha :P. Wish I had the hc one to try, but havent dropped yet and guild have been to slacky for us to down putri much.
    Bet Im just a bad ret tho, but being the only active ret in guild and that Ive been in my guild since Uldu... I somehow ended up with me getting to good gear to reroll :< oh well

Still, I like the changes to ret coming up, should make ret more fun to play if nothing else.
    Last edited by KaziOfTheSkies; 2010-08-17 at 02:10 PM.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaziOfTheSkies View Post
    Wasnt that good back when I tried it on dummy, but guess I just got bad numbers then haha :P. Wish I had the hc one to try, but havent dropped yet and guild have been to slacky for us to down putri much.
    Bet Im just a bad ret tho, but being the only active ret in guild and that Ive been in my guild since Uldu... I somehow ended up with me getting to good gear to reroll :< oh well

Still, I like the changes to ret coming up, should make ret more fun to play if nothing else.
    Testing a Melee-proc trinket when you don't have WF is a bad idea- Testing anything but ICDs on trinkets as a Paladin on a Test Dummy is a bad idea period.

Hit gem with 330 hit? Expertise gem when you have 23 expertise without vengeance on, or is that with it on? You gemmed for the ring's agil bonus, which isn't worth it. 3/3 Healing light? How many globals are you wasting with fol's? Lastly, Alchemy instead of Blacksmithing or engineering?

In total you are losing 30 strength and 10 crit from the unneeded expertise and hit gem. 3/3 Healing light is pretty much useless, The only time I can think of where you should really be using fol at all is Halion during phase 3 on certain occasions, but even then you will probably wipe, since you should only be throwing fol's on the tank if it hits 70%....which shouldn't happen. But regardless of healing, the 3 points in Divine Intellect are superior, I can't remember how many times I've nearly gone oom from so many 2pc procs, the talent will save your ass. Bs or Engi is superior to alchemy simply because Str > ap in bs's case, and with engi the haste gloves are ridiculous if you have a TaJ, which you do, so I'm confused as to why you dont have Engi, and let's not even get into engi's cloak and boot enchant, but its bombs as well.

With this being said I'd give you an 8/10, a lot of min/max errors but it isn't a catastrophe, a 0/10 would be you wearing all ilvl 200s gemmed full green arp gems with sp enchants.

I'd post my armory link but it won't let me yet, just search Baadd, I'm the human pally in Fused.
    Last edited by Bad; 2010-08-17 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad View Post
    Hit gem with 330 hit?
    That has been pointed out to him several times. Ron keeps forgetting it when he gets home. The swirly purple thingies are hypnotic.

Expertise gem when you have 23 expertise without vengeance on, or is that with it on?
    Try doing a mouseover on his expertise stat. It shows 23 (+13 Expertise). It is showing him with the glyph active.

You gemmed for the ring's agil bonus, which isn't worth it.
    Rawr says that I should be doing the same thing. The more plate/str gear you wear, the lower your crit is, the better those silly few agility bonuses are.
    3/3 Healing light? How many globals are you wasting with fol's?
    Do we really want to go there?? Are you that bad at this game and your spec to not recognize a superior talent? His spec is the ideal.

Lastly, Alchemy instead of Blacksmithing or engineering?
    At least he has two crafting profs. 80 AP instead of 40Str or the eng bonuses. The difference is less than 25 DPS.

I'd post my armory link but it won't let me yet, just search Baadd, I'm the human pally in Fused.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rlord&cn=Baadd

EDIT: Being in Fused or having LoD doesn't make you high and mighty. It sure as hell doesn't make you correct either.
    Last edited by Prentice; 2010-08-17 at 03:22 PM.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything looked fine in my cursory glance.

And my having mining has already been discussed several times. I'm too lazy to get rid of it plus I'll use it to level my BS in cata.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

"3/3 Healing light is pretty much useless"

Anyone else feel like we're just putting the same information out there page after page but no one's listening?
    Your other option is Divine Intellect- a whopping 250 or so mana, .01% spell crit... whereas 3/3 healing light gains 30% from the icc buff- its a no brainer.

Don't rate me, look for Baadd above me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorn View Post
    "3/3 Healing light is pretty much useless"

Anyone else feel like we're just putting the same information out there page after page but no one's listening?
    Your other option is Divine Intellect- a whopping 250 or so mana, .01% spell crit... whereas 3/3 healing light gains 30% from the icc buff- its a no brainer.

Don't rate me, look for Baadd above me.
    Yeah that extra aow could save somebody who is just about dead, and the aow would make them fine, especially if it's a crit, but if they were going to die anyway without your aow, then either they failed, or the healers failed, and you shouldn't be worrying about it, you should be dpsing, not wasting a global.

---------- Post added 2010-08-17 at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    EDIT: Being in Fused or having LoD doesn't make you high and mighty. It sure as hell doesn't make you correct either.
    Pretty sure I never said anything about that or even insinuated it, are you trying to get your forum posse on me or something? I'm quite confused.

I could turn that right around and say if you need every single global to dps because you're in danger of enrage timers, you're doing it wrong... ret = utility dps. If you're not tossing out the occasional FoL to help out your team, you're not playing to your full ability- and we're only arguing about 3 talent points here, one that gives almost zilch, the other can measurably buff your instant heals.

Yeah that extra aow could save somebody who is just about dead, and the aow would make them fine, especially if it's a crit, but if they were going to die anyway without your aow, then either they failed, or the healers failed, and you shouldn't be worrying about it, you should be dpsing, not wasting a global.
    Arrogant, self-centered, tunnel-visioning DPSer mentality noted. Seriously?? You're a damn hybrid. Not only are you a hybrid, you are a freaking paladin. I'd be interested to look at your parses and see how many times you haven't used Aura Mastery or Hand of Sacrifice to keep people alive because it would have cost you a DPS global. Get out of here, baddy.

Pretty sure I never said anything about that or even insinuated it, are you trying to get your forum posse on me or something? I'm quite confused.
    I don't need a posse to call out some ex-rogue now-pally that doesn't know how to use the tools of his own class. Your arrogance said everything. You didn't need to.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Arrogant, self-centered, tunnel-visioning DPSer mentality noted. Seriously?? You're a damn hybrid. Not only are you a hybrid, you are a freaking paladin. I'd be interested to look at your parses and see how many times you haven't used Aura Mastery or Hand of Sacrifice to keep people alive because it would have cost you a DPS global. Get out of here, baddy.

I don't need a posse to call out some ex-rogue now-pally that doesn't know how to use the tools of his own class. Your arrogance said everything. You didn't need to.
    1. Self-centered? I make sure I pull out all the stops to increase my dps so THE RAID, not just me, kills the boss faster before not just the enrage (lol), but before healing gets too tough, ever hear of guilds doing saurfang with 1-3 healers? This is how.

2. Lol, you would probably look at my parses and say "OH MAN THIS GUY DID SO MUCH DPS BUT ITS TOO BAD HE SUCKS CAUSE HE DIDNT USE FOL OR AURA MASTERY!"....lol....Aura mastery is off gcd, and I do use it occasionally, a good example is frost breaths on sindragosa, and on lk of course the soul room and infests. Lol Hand of sacrifice, not even going there.

3. Never played a rogue, my main was a fury warrior in vanilla though, not sure what this has to do with anything at all.

4. Not posting on this forum again, critique one person and BOOOOOOOOOOM EXPLOSIONS OF ANGER, RAWR YOU SUCK AND ARE ARROGANT MUAHAHAHAHA..........pretty bullshit if you ask me.

Edit: I just realized something, wtf kind of situational awareness do your guildies have if you need to use aow procs and hand of sac and what not to keep them alive?
    Last edited by Bad; 2010-08-17 at 03:57 PM.

1. Self-centered? I make sure I pull out all the stops to increase my dps so THE RAID, not just me, kills the boss faster before not just the enrage (lol), but before healing gets too tough, ever hear of guilds doing saurfang with 1-3 healers? This is how.

2. Lol, you would probably look at my parses and say "OH MAN THIS GUY DID SO MUCH DPS BUT ITS TOO BAD HE SUCKS CAUSE HE DIDNT USE FOL OR AURA MASTERY!"....lol....Aura mastery is off gcd, and I do use it occasionally, a good example is frost breaths on sindragosa, and on lk of course the soul room and infests. Lol Hand of sacrifice, not even going there.

3. Never played a rogue, my main was a fury warrior in vanilla though, not sure what this has to do with anything at all.

4. Not posting on this forum again, critique one person and BOOOOOOOOOOM EXPLOSIONS OF ANGER, RAWR YOU SUCK AND ARE ARROGANT MUAHAHAHAHA..........pretty bullshit if you ask me.
    I almost feel vindicated. Fury warrior or rogue, you were a tunnelvisioning DPSer.

You have more heroic tier(2) than I do(0) and a Shadowmourne(not me), yet you pull equal if not less DPS than I do. I am hardly going to sit here and get all excited by the numbers you aren't pulling while I am using my GCDs to keep other people alive.

Yes, Aura Mastery is off the GCD. In the past, I was often using Devotion Aura before needing to switch to Shadow Protection Aura to AM. That is a global. Funny... you're still sitting there with Retribution Aura up and haven't figured out what AM does yet.

I could be wrong, but your parse shows 5 healers on DBS and 6 on Festergut. Am I missing something?

I could be wrong, but your parse shows 5 healers on DBS and 6 on Festergut. Am I missing something?
    Yeah, I still never said anything to say I am better then anyone, or that my guild does fights in a specific way, you are just failing to read and are thinking about raging first because "I AM ALWAYS CORRECT" like most people seem to think on the internet when they read any type of disagreement.

Why are you still raging about nothing?

Bad, you're trying to argue with some of the best rets on this site about what? The fact that you like to waste 3 talent points on an almost 0 dps increase (.01% spell crit, WOOT!), instead of putting them somewhere useful?

You're not the victim here, your arrogance and self-centered attitude is what's bringing the rage.

Edit: I just realized something, wtf kind of situational awareness do your guildies have if you need to use aow procs and hand of sac and what not to keep them alive?
    More often than not, there will be transitions in the more difficult encounters. This has absolutely nothing to do with the situational awareness of other guildies. Take HM Halion or Lich King for example. The damage isn't reduced at all during the transitions of those fights. Tossing a Hand of Sac on the tank during those transitions makes them much easier to cope with. That is one example of the awareness that you lack.

---------- Post added 2010-08-17 at 04:08 PM ----------

Yeah, I still never said anything to say I am better then anyone, or that my guild does fights in a specific way, you are just failing to read and are thinking about raging first because "I AM ALWAYS CORRECT" like most people seem to think on the internet when they read any type of disagreement.

Why are you still raging about nothing?
    I will refer you to...

2. Lol, you would probably look at my parses and say "OH MAN THIS GUY DID SO MUCH DPS BUT ITS TOO BAD HE SUCKS CAUSE HE DIDNT USE FOL OR AURA MASTERY!"
    Does that sound like you not claiming to be better than anyone?? Methinks not.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    There can be only one Bad(paladin). >

Quote Originally Posted by Dorn View Post
    Bad, you're trying to argue with some of the best rets on this site about what? The fact that you like to waste 3 talent points on an almost 0 dps increase (.01% spell crit, WOOT!), instead of putting them somewhere useful?

You're not the victim here, your arrogance and self-centered attitude is what's bringing the rage.

Why would I care of they were some of the best anything on this website, that doesn't change the fact that they are plain wrong, and you keep saying its almost 0 increase, .01 spell crit etc, that doesn't matter, what matters is the extra mana it gives you, which will allow you to use another ds proc when your mana is getting low from so many procs. Healing light is just out of the question as ret, it is stupid to think about it. It's like a Runescape vs WoW argument, the argument isn't even worth fighting about because the choice is so obvious. It really saddens me that there can be people that are so good who think this is a good talent to get lol. The bottom line is if you use an aow proc to heal, then you, or someone else is making you do it wrong. You should not have to use fol, and if you do its epic fail. You guys just won't except that I'm right about such a small min/max decision.

---------- Post added 2010-08-17 at 12:19 PM ----------

Does that sound like you not claiming to be better than anyone?? Methinks not.
    Yeah, because "SO MUCH DPS" is a number, and I obviously said I'm better then you! Once again, nice job reading English.
    Last edited by Bad; 2010-08-17 at 04:24 PM.

Healing light is just out of the question as ret, it is stupid to think about it.
    ....The bottom line is if you use an aow proc to heal, then you, or someone else is making you do it wrong. You should not have to use fol, and if you do its epic fail. You guys just won't except that I'm right about such a small min/max decision.

---------- Post added 2010-08-17 at 12:19 PM ----------

Yeah, because "SO MUCH DPS" is a number, and I obviously said I'm better then you!
    So any somewhat intelligent person can see that you joined Fused right before they killed LK HM25. I'm sure you were privileged enough to wipe with them over and over and over. It's called progression. People make mistakes. People get caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. That one GCD for you is worth 15k damage at most. Preserving the life of another DPS over the course of the fight is, in the case of HM LK, worth millions of damage.

How are you going to justify your narrow-minded approach to raiding?? Rets are brought to raids for utility and very strong DPS. Notice that utility came first. Had you been pushing LK HM during the absence of, or low levels of, the ICC buff you would know just how critical that utility is. If you can't see what I am talking about, you should really go back to your warrior. Your arena ratings would certainly be a lot higher.

Why would I care of they were some of the best anything on this website, that doesn't change the fact that they are plain wrong, and you keep saying its almost 0 increase, .01 spell crit etc, that doesn't matter, what matters is the extra mana it gives you, which will allow you to use another ds proc when your mana is getting low from so many procs. Healing light is just out of the question as ret, it is stupid to think about it. It's like a Runescape vs WoW argument, the argument isn't even worth fighting about because the choice is so obvious. It really saddens me that there can be people that are so good who think this is a good talent to get lol. The bottom line is if you use an aow proc to heal, then you, or someone else is making you do it wrong. You should not have to use fol, and if you do its epic fail. You guys just won't except that I'm right about such a small min/max decision.
    Have you killed valkyrs before the 15%, or even 20% buff? Your kill seems to say you haven't. If you did get into p3 before the buff trivialized every single fight in this instance, you'd know that when a healer got picked up it was time to offheal the next infest. 12% healing when you're covering for an actual HEALER is pretty damn significant...or was that the healers' fault? There are also places in this game where you DON'T have a 30% buff where the heal can come in handy(healers are still capable of being slow on PC targets, so is that their fault for being slow or your fault for not seeing that they're being slow and failing to react?).

Okay your history with Fused says you haven't seen HLK before the buff got anywhere.
    Yeah, because "SO MUCH DPS" is a number, and I obviously said I'm better then you!
    You didn't say it, but you sounded off like you're implying that you are.

There can be only one Bad(paladin).
    Can you believe that I lost a #1 BQL parse because I forgot to re-cast my seal until about 20 seconds later when I noticed I couldn't judge?
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2010-08-17 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Have you killed valkyrs before the 15%, or even 20% buff? Your kill seems to say you haven't. If you did get into p3 before the buff trivialized every single fight in this instance, you'd know that when a healer got picked up it was time to offheal the next infest. 12% healing when you're covering for an actual HEALER is pretty damn significant...or was that the healers' fault? There are also places in this game where you DON'T have a 30% buff where the heal can come in handy(healers are still capable of being slow on PC targets, so is that their fault for being slow or your fault for not seeing that they're being slow and failing to react?).

Okay your history with Fused says you haven't seen HLK before the buff got anywhere.

You didn't say it, but you sounded off like you're implying that you are.

Can you believe that I lost a #1 BQL parse because I forgot to re-cast my seal until about 20 seconds later when I noticed I couldn't judge?
    Whoa, Mr. Badpaladin. I don't want him to think that I am "calling in the posse".