Page 9 of 298 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Rate The Ret Paladin Above You

Quote Originally Posted by Gigaman
    @Snowhammer

Not much to say cos I love your gear setup.

But you should really move a point our of Vindication and plot it in Divine Sacrifice - that is a real raid saver on every boss(I pop it whenever a healer dies and a druid comes out of tree mode to Battle Ress).
    This man speaks words of truth, any pally raiding past normal modes in ulduar should have Divine Sacrafice in his or her build. Its extremely beneficial on Freya +3, its a great raid security blanket on the last 8% of general HM, is great in yogg+1 toward the end as more and more people start running low on sanity and their dps trails off because of it, Mimiron can save the raid durring p2 or 3, Thorim is used if the unthinkable should happen and a tank goes down in the last 20%, If your guilds dps cant hack it with 4+ healers, than Divine sacs can allow you to 3 heal Hodir HM to make the timer, and the list goes on and on. It seems to be at least AS useful if not more so in ToC hm's. I would venture to say that divine sac is MORE beneficial than a pally bubble, and is something I cannot and will never sacrafice from my raid builds.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

I have thought abou tgoing back to divine sacrifice. But.. I dont think it is worth it. For one, our other ret has Divine sacrifice, so do both our holy pallies. If I use my divine shield cooldown for raid dmg reduction I use hand of sacrifice on a single target.

Vindication is good for boses cause or warrior/warlock doesnt have to cast demo shout.. my vindication happens on its own.

I agree that you could argue that situationally it would be better for me to go back to having this (as saving an entire raid 2k health each is "occasionaly" better than saving 1 person 35-50k)

Quote Originally Posted by Snowhammer
    I have thought abou tgoing back to divine sacrifice. But.. I dont think it is worth it. For one, our other ret has Divine sacrifice, so do both our holy pallies. If I use my divine shield cooldown for raid dmg reduction I use hand of sacrifice on a single target.

Vindication is good for boses cause or warrior/warlock doesnt have to cast demo shout.. my vindication happens on its own.

I agree that you could argue that situationally it would be better for me to go back to having this (as saving an entire raid 2k health each is "occasionaly" better than saving 1 person 35-50k)
    Well i know that there was supposed to be a change to cap our divine sac's but in the last week that ive been watching my Sac isnt capping, and continues to absorb 40% throughout its full duration. The only problem with saying "the holy pallies got it" is that divine saccing the raid takes two full gcd's and for a holy pally on a fight like NB 25m Heroic, you dont HAVE 2 gcd's to toss your sac on the raid or the tanks are dead and youve wiped. I get what your saying about the HoSac, but frankly the full raid sac also prevents you from say mis clicking the wrong raid frame, having to even look for the raid frame and sometimes catches people out of their stupidity so say for instance fredthefireballmage is a dummy and stands in fire, while youre saccing the raid to prevent MASSIVE DAMAGE on firefighter, your sac will also likely prevent poor fred's death although he may deserve to die for standing in fire.

I think the real thig here is that your not sure its worth it to take the point out of vindication, and frankly it is. Vindication is a debuff best provided by the tank, its the tanks responsibility, which most tanks handle easily without threat loss.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Very true, I think going back to it is proly a good idea.

I thought it was capped out.. if it isn't than i for sure should still have it. I thought the tool tip was correct and only lsated till you absorbed 35kish dmg.

I'll def spec back to it and mess with it.

Very true, I think going back to it is proly a good idea.

I thought it was capped out.. if it isn't than i for sure should still have it. I thought the tool tip was correct and only lsated till you absorbed 35kish dmg.

I'll def spec back to it and mess with it.
    For the record it may just be bugged atm, but its still been working fine for me just like before.

Why not? Necro threads are fun:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ght&n=Telorith

i need a new weapon

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame

i need a new weapon
    10/10

Couldn't find a thing wrong with your itemization orgear/gems/spec.
    Insane Crit you have there btw

i need a new weapon
    261 hit, the cap is 263 isnt it?

That is alot of crit!

261 hit, the cap is 263 isnt it?

That is alot of crit!
    263 is the horde cap w/o space goats. Even still if it was 263 he's smart for not gemming for those last 2 pts as he would lose more dps going over the cap than missing 1 swing/special/spell every second fight. If your going to be more than 1 or 2 pts over hit cap its almost always better to be below and have more ap/crit/haste/arp than going over cap. After 8% all he's doing is closing the gap on excorcism missing and a few points past 8% wont make any noticeable difference there.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    10/10

i need a new weapon
    Couldn't find a thing wrong with your itemization orgear/gems/spec.
    Insane Crit you have there btw
    swift retribution.. common!

Not needed when we have a boomkin in the raid. Guarantees we have Vindication on any target I am on now.

15+ Year Old Account

Not needed when we have a boomkin in the raid. Guarantees we have Vindication on any target I am on now.
    dead boomkin = yay!

There is nothing wrong with having swift ret, the only buff that overwrites it is imp moonkin form, and not every guild has one of those in every raid both 10 and 25. The problem with moving those points is that the only logical place to move them is to Imp Divine Sac, but those 3 pts by themself wont get you Imp DS. I have Swift Ret in my build and I frankly dont see a problem with having it. Not saying everyone HAS to have it, but if you are ever raiding with out a boomkin in either 10's or 25's its worth speccing into.

Vindication is a tank debuff and should be provided by one of the many tanks available since its possible to spec into for any tank class. DPS are generally responsible for DPS buffs, vindication is a fluff talent and one I will always shy away from in my builds.

Most definately worth speccing into; but I dropped the points in swift ret to get vindication along with everything else I have/wanted.

Our other ret is the opposite; he has swift ret and no vindication.

Additionally; I am a space goat... therefore I am actually trying to DROP hit atm. Hopefully one more piece drops from heroic 10 man this evening and I can drop blood trinket and swap in 4 H-ToC10 items for ~4% more crit.

Wheee!

Items to be swapped in:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48637 (t9 245 shoulders)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47990 (gloves from 10 H-ToC Icehowl)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47943 (helm from 10 H-ToC Champions)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45134 (pants from 4T FL 25 Uld)

Then either wrathstone or mirror of truth to replace blood of the old god

Vindication is a tank debuff and should be provided by one of the many tanks available since its possible to spec into for any tank class. DPS are generally responsible for DPS buffs, vindication is a fluff talent and one I will always shy away from in my builds.
    I agree and disagree here... mostly due to the nature of ToC. Target swapping and adds make it easier for me to apply the debuff all the time and on the fly. Even if its just from residual damage like DS; it's incredibly useful. I will say; however, that I may end up dropping it soon.

End, I like your style but youd be doing an injustice to yourself to swap from blood of the old god to a crit trinket. +crit trinkets perfrom very very poorly for us. Youd be much better off with say FotFF or Comets Trail, or Dark Mater or Deaths Choice. The odd thing is that even the freaking emerald boar is technically higher dps socketed with 2 20str gems than my silly wrath stone.

Until you get a proper trinket to replace your blood of the old god, id be looking for a different work around.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...naros&n=Samoth

Don't really know what to change if anything, maybe some glyphs.
    http://ask-a-ret.blogspot.com/ - Best paladin blog EU no jk.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr
    Nerd rage moar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    He probably tried to kill a resto druid at WSG, got cycloned and started a new thread complaning how ret paladins are bad for pvp.

The gear I am swapping in will improve all of my stats while dropping hit/expertise.

Mirror of Truth is probably the best bet for the trinket slot atm; since the proc is similar to blood and its static bonus is more crit (which I could use) instead of more hit (which I can't).

I understand completely the scaling of the trinkets. I just don't really have a choice in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffmeister
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...naros&n=Samoth

Don't really know what to change if anything, maybe some glyphs.
    8.5/10 Since it looks like youve been lazy about changing out some gear for maximum throughput.

You should really swap to wither valorous or conquerer's (t8) shoulders since you are so far over hit. The added dps stats are well worth the str drop even to go to valorous if you dont have 8.5. Nightmare tear should be going in your pants when you replace the shoulders (should be there anyway since its 6 str vs 4 bonus. Other than that you've been lazy about optimizing your gear, your set is rock solid, I tend to be more harsh on people who have gotten the gear than those that hanvnt as performing less than at your full capacity sets a bad example for the less geared rets on your server.

Problem is that I haven't been able to get my hands on t8/8.5 shoulders yet. Was hoping for Legplates of Ascension today to get rid of some extra hit rating but it didn't drop :< But yes I see your point indeed.
    http://ask-a-ret.blogspot.com/ - Best paladin blog EU no jk.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr
    Nerd rage moar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    He probably tried to kill a resto druid at WSG, got cycloned and started a new thread complaning how ret paladins are bad for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffmeister
    Problem is that I haven't been able to get my hands on t8/8.5 shoulders yet. Was hoping for Legplates of Ascension today to get rid of some extra hit rating but it didn't drop :< But yes I see your point indeed.
    RNG's a bitch. Next time they drop tell your loot master you have to get them cause Munkles said so. Maybe a little internet tough guy will help you out.