Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Tirion's ultimate sacrifice?

my theory on what will happen at the end of IC citadel is this:

At say 3% or 1% health, all us players drop out of the fight and Tirion closes in on arthas to finish him off. As they battle, Tirion knocks frostmourne out of Arthas's hand and catches it himself, thus frostmourne taking over Tirion's soul and making him the new Lich King. Tirion they delivers the final blow to arthas, killing him.
    As soon as arthas dies, it creates a massive blast of holy energy cracking the foundations of the citadel, and it is about to collapse. With a list bit of humanity left, Tirion tells the players to leave the citadel before its too late.

Then once the players get out, there's an epic use of phasing as the entire citadel collapses, crushing everybody inside, including Tirion.

Right after the destruction however, there is another cutscene that plays. It shows your character walking towards the rubble and as they look through it, they find the hilt of frostmourne,the blade missing. As you pick it up, a thought in the chat box comes up: You must take this to be reforged as a weapon of your victory. (i.e. Once you take it to a certain NPC , they will reforge it to make Shadowmourne)

Re: Tirion's ultimate sacrifice?

so we can only raid IC once?

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooo, how come its an axe now?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

So he's dual wielding Frostmourne and the Ashbringer eh?

Isn't that like mixing Coke and Pepsi? . . . Stand the Fuck back...
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliekcookies View Post
    WoW is like heroine among MMORPGs. Once you're hooked, it's an addiction. You can't go back to anything weaker.

So he's dual wielding Frostmourne and the Ashbringer eh?

Isn't that like mixing Coke and Pepsi? . . . Stand the Fuck back...
    lol yeah i think it wud be epic if he cud have both.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pereira
    so we can only raid IC once?
    that would mean we can only do any raid once... look at sunwell... that whole sacrifice thing by m'uru or what ever his name was... it doesnt matter if something dies... i mean it sort of does to the lore but it doesnt change the game

duh
    That you're offended becuase of such a stupid reason as someone suggesting implementing a custom used in the west world, of which it's history and mythology Warcraft is mainly based upon offends me.

Doubt that Tirion will have anything to do with Frostmourne O.O, more like he'll destroy Frostmourne before he sacrifices himself

FOR THE ASHBRINGER!!

i do like the idea that we have to reforge frostmourne... although it prbly wont happen... shadowmourn is most likely going to have really stupid story
    That you're offended becuase of such a stupid reason as someone suggesting implementing a custom used in the west world, of which it's history and mythology Warcraft is mainly based upon offends me.

to be honest, i dont think we actually get to kill arthas at all .. blizzard also sayd ''you get to battle arthas'', but that doesnt mean you get to kill him

look at the WoW: Cataclysm trailer from Blizzcon, at the very beginning Arthas will be shown in the video (an eyeblink and its gone)
    why would they put him in there if hes already dead?

think about that ..

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket471
    my theory on what will happen at the end of IC citadel is this:

At say 3% or 1% health, all us players drop out of the fight and Tirion closes in on arthas to finish him off. As they battle, Tirion knocks frostmourne out of Arthas's hand and catches it himself, thus frostmourne taking over Tirion's soul and making him the new Lich King. Tirion they delivers the final blow to arthas, killing him.
    As soon as arthas dies, it creates a massive blast of holy energy cracking the foundations of the citadel, and it is about to collapse. With a list bit of humanity left, Tirion tells the players to leave the citadel before its too late.

Then once the players get out, there's an epic use of phasing as the entire citadel collapses, crushing everybody inside, including Tirion.

Right after the destruction however, there is another cutscene that plays. It shows your character walking towards the rubble and as they look through it, they find the hilt of frostmourne,the blade missing. As you pick it up, a thought in the chat box comes up: You must take this to be reforged as a weapon of your victory. (i.e. Once you take it to a certain NPC , they will reforge it to make Shadowmourne)
    I personally believe Darion will deliver the final blow.

Also. WHy do I think of Star Wars 3 when I read this

they said we eventually kill arthas but the lich king survives.... so the scourge is still going to be around its just ner'zhul wont have a physical form... or maybe he gets a new one... if its tirion........................ were all screwed

tirion sacrifices himself to save you and you'll have to throw frostmourne into a volcano without touching. Otherwise it's game-over.
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Quote Originally Posted by Xzenodrax
    I personally believe Darion will deliver the final blow.

Also. WHy do I think of Star Wars 3 when I read this
    Everyone knows Tirion will raise his sword for the final blow, then get KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT by Kil'Jaeden. Since Ner'zhul was KJ's failed creation. And IIRC, he doesn't like being failed.

Edit: Sorry failed was the wrong word. I mean stabbed in the back.

15+ Year Old Account

No, you won´t get frostmourne in any form or way
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

they said we eventually kill arthas but the lich king survives.... so the scourge is still going to be around its just ner'zhul wont have a physical form... or maybe he gets a new one... if its tirion........................ were all screwed
    i like that idea actually, Nerzhul begins to occupy a new body..... Tirion's. And then he runs off and rejoins his creators: The Burning Legion. And then well get to face him again as a boss in a burning legion-type expansion. That would be epic.

I'm pretty sure Malganis will become the new lich king... or at least try. :O You heard it here first!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Resares
    I'm pretty sure Malganis will become the new lich king... or at least try. :O You heard it here first!!!

No malganis was killed by arthas in warcraft III

why do you all forget Sylvanas? She's pretty pissed too...
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.
    Aion is merley a setback!

No. Just no.
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket471
    i like that idea actually, Nerzhul begins to occupy a new body..... Tirion's. And then he runs off and rejoins his creators: The Burning Legion. And then well get to face him again as a boss in a burning legion-type expansion. That would be epic.
    So.. you mean like a revamped TBC?? :P
    I seriously hope that's not the next expansion after cataclysm..