Thread: Why so elitist?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Why so elitist?

No soeey your arguments are completely wrong. Everything in wotlk bar hard modes has been tuned for noobs. That means the content can be done by fewer people than 25. There is no "carrying people" when content is so easy, its designed so to be very forgiving.

So unless the player frequently caused wipes or mouthed off repeatedly in chat then you are being an elitist tard, it needs saying.
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    All these comments about "Just politely remove the person and go on about your business" make me wonder how many times you people have even dealt with this situation.

Usually, the retard you just had to remove is going to throw a temper tantrum, preventing any polite discourse.

If he/she acts like a tool afterwards that's their problem. If you act like a tool to start with, you're just inviting them to throw a hissy fit.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by DiZzyBonne
    "I told you guys a million times, don't stand in the fire!"

Legolasxtreme dies from fire.

"..."
    If that actually is his name you should already known he cant play.

15+ Year Old Account

100% Agree with the post. Although you must know that people who, as you said "Play just for fun" will think that people who say they are carrying them are no lifers no matter what you say.

NERDRAAAAAAAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    All these comments about "Just politely remove the person and go on about your business" make me wonder how many times you people have even dealt with this situation.

Usually, the retard you just had to remove is going to throw a temper tantrum, preventing any polite discourse.
    If someone behaves like he is a 10-year-old spoiled brat, he must be treated as such - ignored. I bet you don't hit 10-year-old spoiled brats and call them retarded bastards, even though they're even worse than that. You just don't give a fuck.

Elitism is perfectly fine in my opinion.

Think about a guild as a company, if you dont have the degrees and training, they aren't going to hire you.

WoW is a social environment just like IRL, people are just competing to have the best stuff, and have some fun along the way. Not to say I, or anyone else is an elitisit jerk but just like real life, everyone wants to do better, and everyone needs to be better than someone to feel good about their condition.

It's just a game, but elitism to a degree is necessary.

15+ Year Old Account

Good post - though maybe not 100% on the actual elitists but gives the picture many people sit around with when others die to just stupid stuff (and not explain themself properly afterwards).

Also in regards to "play for fun" in this case I assume its the "play for fun"= "I want to screw around however I want with the risc of wasting the other 4/9/24 players time". Where imo they can fuck off and play some other game cause thats simply an insult to the other players if they want to do that.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodlusted
    If someone behaves like he is a 10-year-old spoiled brat, he must be treated as such - ignored. I bet you don't hit 10-year-old spoiled brats and call them retarded bastards, even though they're even worse than that. You just don't give a fuck.
    Unfortunately, this is the internet, so retards running around spewing shit in trade chat for example, because you kicked them is going to cause more trouble than it's worth.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by veemon_ro
    Disclaimer : This is going to be a some what long post and if your atention span is of 2 minutes, this post might seem overwhelming to you so stop reading now.
    This is also my opinion about certain aspects of the game and you may not agree with it, but it is still my opinion.

Here goes

Ever been kicked out from a pug or didn't get loot because your dps wasn't good enough?
    Ever got laughed at when you applied for a guild because you didn't had your gear enchanted properly?
    Ever got kicked from a raid and called a scrub because you stood in an eye beam and died even if the raid killed the boss anyway?
    People who do that are just elitists with no life right? Not really if you look at it from their perspective.

First off wow is a team game, you need 24 other people to do pretty much anything. Yet if one of those people isn't doing his job, then the 24 other people in the raid need to do a bit extra in order to cover for the person who is not doing what he is supposed to.
    You might find it wrong that you get kicked from a pug because "Your dps wasn't good enough" but you don't realise that because your dps was behind the tank basicly every one else had to do more dps to cover for you.
    Its not about people beeing elitist but its about people not liking to have an extra weight on their shoulders when they can replace that weight with another player who does his job properly and actually helps the raid.
    I also see alot of people that are upset when they are asked for an achievment before joining a pug. Personally I also think that is a bit lame as a person who never done an instance before can be quite skilled as to do it. But then again I also find it lame when a nax 10 man geared player wants to join a 25 man TOC pug.
    It is quite obvious he does not have the required gear for that instance and he won't be able to compete with 25 man geared players, yet that guy still wants to join the pug. If such people wouldn't exist then "lfm link states and ashvmhunt" would also be obsolete.

As for beeing called a scrub when you fail at something easy as to "move away from fire" I can see that guys point of view. For instance I have been a raid leader in a sunwell guild. There were bosses that required me to watch out for 5 different things at a time while keeping up a steady dps rotation in order to provide the maximum dps from my class AND on top of that raid lead at the same time. So yes I don't understand how a person can die on kologram three times in a row due to eye beams or due to moving next to the adds when he is a mele and was toled not to.
    How ever I am a calm person and wouldn't insult some one over this but I can see why other people would.

I also don't understand the "I just play for fun excuse" from people that are in hardcore raiding guilds.
    If you just play for fun that is fine, but please do it with people that are like minded and also play just for fun. Don't do it with people that play for the competition because then you will ruin their fun.

All in all you need to understand that the elitist players prefer to play with other players of his skill. Wow is a very easy game and wotlk made it even easyer so its no excuse to be a carying stone for other people wether it is in a pug, 5 mans or guilds. Because if you will become one the people who notice you aren't carying your weight are going to flame you for it

only the 10 blondest and best shall go to naxx 10! eugenics just has a bad rep its a good idea really, amirite?
    if thats too subtle for you, your arguments are not elitist, they are fascist you nazi!

you cant extend the most simple and smallest amounts of compassion and charity to a game where it costs you nothing?

its no wonder its harder and harder to find really quality people in this game, all anyones worth is these days is boiled down to a recount entry.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by talitu

only the 10 blondest and best shall go to naxx 10! eugenics just has a bad rep its a good idea really, amirite?
    if thats too subtle for you, your arguments are not elitist, they are fascist you nazi!

you cant extend the most simple and smallest amounts of compassion and charity to a game where it costs you nothing?

its no wonder its harder and harder to find really quality people in this game, all anyones worth is these days is boiled down to a recount entry.
    To counter your point: I have less fun playing with people who are frustratingly bad. This being a game (hint: games are about having fun), would it not be sensable to play the way that yields the most fun and avoid the people who frustrate me and diminish my fun?

10+ Year Old Account

I got kicked out of a Naxx-25 before at Thadd because I died when switching sides due to lag..and my DPS was topping most of theirs. I died because of damn lag and they kick me out because I'm a scrub apparently coz only scrubs die when you do the side switching...>.>

And I out-DPSed majority of the raid...

Arcus4884

Quote Originally Posted by veemon_ro
    Disclaimer : This is going to be a some what long post and if your atention span is of 2 minutes, this post might seem overwhelming to you so stop reading now.
    This is also my opinion about certain aspects of the game and you may not agree with it, but it is still my opinion.

Here goes

Ever been kicked out from a pug or didn't get loot because your dps wasn't good enough?
    Ever got laughed at when you applied for a guild because you didn't had your gear enchanted properly?
    Ever got kicked from a raid and called a scrub because you stood in an eye beam and died even if the raid killed the boss anyway?
    People who do that are just elitists with no life right? Not really if you look at it from their perspective.

First off wow is a team game, you need 24 other people to do pretty much anything. Yet if one of those people isn't doing his job, then the 24 other people in the raid need to do a bit extra in order to cover for the person who is not doing what he is supposed to.
        You might find it wrong that you get kicked from a pug because "Your dps wasn't good enough" but you don't realise that because your dps was behind the tank basicly every one else had to do more dps to cover for you.
    Its not about people beeing elitist but its about people not liking to have an extra weight on their shoulders when they can replace that weight with another player who does his job properly and actually helps the raid.
        I also see alot of people that are upset when they are asked for an achievment before joining a pug. Personally I also think that is a bit lame as a person who never done an instance before can be quite skilled as to do it. But then again I also find it lame when a nax 10 man geared player wants to join a 25 man TOC pug.
    It is quite obvious he does not have the required gear for that instance and he won't be able to compete with 25 man geared players, yet that guy still wants to join the pug. If such people wouldn't exist then "lfm link states and ashvmhunt" would also be obsolete.

As for beeing called a scrub when you fail at something easy as to "move away from fire" I can see that guys point of view. For instance I have been a raid leader in a sunwell guild. There were bosses that required me to watch out for 5 different things at a time while keeping up a steady dps rotation in order to provide the maximum dps from my class AND on top of that raid lead at the same time. So yes I don't understand how a person can die on kologram three times in a row due to eye beams or due to moving next to the adds when he is a mele and was toled not to.
    How ever I am a calm person and wouldn't insult some one over this but I can see why other people would.

I also don't understand the "I just play for fun excuse" from people that are in hardcore raiding guilds.
    If you just play for fun that is fine, but please do it with people that are like minded and also play just for fun. Don't do it with people that play for the competition because then you will ruin their fun.

All in all you need to understand that the elitist players prefer to play with other players of his skill. Wow is a very easy game and wotlk made it even easyer so its no excuse to be a carying stone for other people wether it is in a pug, 5 mans or guilds. Because if you will become one the people who notice you aren't carying your weight are going to flame you for it
    I don't like it though I understand your point. However, I have to disagree with most (all) of it.
    Elitist, which after I read your comment, I partly count you as one of them, destroy the game & the fun.

How do you expect players to learn how to handle their class, get good equiment, when nobody takes them because they don't have the best equipment, nor an achievent to post? Stuff like that also supports Goldseller, cause people might see themself forced to buy good equipment without having enough gold the normal way.

I think Elitist are kind of Nazi-like cause you cross out people you don't know and don't give them a chance.
    Just complain and mobb them...
    Instead you expect them to be instantly as good (or better) as you are... how?

The game gets less and less fun, cause most players are forced to read & FOLLOW guides to understand their class (and/to) have little chance. Nobody gets the chance to try out their choosen class themselves, instead getting stupid comments "noob, that talent is worthless", "what a lame enchant... you need crit, nooob!!!". (That's why I am personally really happy about Catalysm).

AT LEAST GIVE PLAYERS A CHANCE. AFTER ALL WE ARE ALL HUMANS AND NOT PERFECT.
    It might turn out better then you think!
    It's a game afterall, also.

Long time you were at the same point as the "noob" standing before you.
    You got helped & chances, why shouldn't they deserve it?!

Crazy awesome post. Those who try to troll it are just that, trolls. In my honest opinion, if people don't do their job better or on par with me, they need to continue to lfg. There are PLENTY of websites, theory crafters, etc out there to help people understand the game so much more, so not knowing is no longer an excuse.

One thing though, people who badger after getting kicked deserve the "elitist" attitude and ridicule pointed at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Epar
    I concur. But this isnt being "elitist". It's being anti-retarded. An elitist is the guy who posts recount after every fight in naxx10 to show how ahead his t8.5 4set is compared to someones two piece t7 set, even though the t7 guy is doing just fine.
    am i elitist cuz i link my dps after a fight and it compares with peoples gearscore that is 4-5 hundred above me?

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    am i elitist cuz i link my dps after a fight and it compares with peoples gearscore that is 4-5 hundred above me?
    one of these. They always show up somewhere. Proud of Aoeing trash and beating an elemental shaman? or beating the clearly semi afk/alt tabbed rogue before the boss.

Knowing that you can do the same dps as someone else with better gear is one thing, linking it to the entire raid is another. The latter indicates insecurity.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    Nope. Trust me, I used to do that just to tell people you don't always have to be "geared" to perform well in raids.

Now that I am geared, I still out-DPS majority of people who have higher gearscores than me.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arcus4884

AT LEAST GIVE PLAYERS A CHANCE. AFTER ALL WE ARE ALL HUMANS AND NOT PERFECT.
    It might turn out better then you think!
    It's a game afterall, also.

Long time you were at the same point as the "noob" standing before you.
    You got helped & chances, why shouldn't they deserve it?!
    Noone said they should do perfect - however it was said that people should have a common sense NOT TO STAND IN THE FIRE. I don´t know if its hard to get through to the people coming with weird "counter arguments" - that some keep insisting that its "ok to just be having fun" when that fun = wiping a raid over and over again cause someone doesn´t abide to the games "rules" (said rules being if you stand in the red stuff you die or worse wipe the raid). It shouldn´t be too much to ask for that.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

MMO-Champion is elitist because they keep deleting my posts about how I like ducks. Grarrrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Book
    [img height=250 width=350]http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data/500/seal-of-approval.jpg[/img]

I totally agree with just about everything.
    end thread
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits