Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost DW weps~ ez to get ones?

was wondering where i can get 2 weps to DW for my dk for frost, the h-toc one never drops and u wouldnt catch me raiding any time soon (most boring thing evr)

is there any other weps to get ???
    hahaha. no.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Frost DW weps~ ez to get ones?

If you're not raiding then the only real options are the heirloom weapons (which i wouldn't advice) and Relentless weapons (S7), keep farming for that heroic ToC mace, and maybe do razorscale in ulduar10 if you find the time to do it. (I know you said this is boring but it's just 2 bosses)

In addition to the above, you can get a titansteel bonecrusher or the mace from champions seals

I would stick to Heroic TOC if I were you. There's nothing easier to get than that weapon, and it's actually pretty good.

It's a bit like... I don't want to work, how can I become a millionaire?

Anyway, combine Malvo and Acidragoon's posts and you have your only viable options.
    Heirloom works but doesn't compare to ilevel200 epic weaps. Getting S7 weaps isn't that easy, maybe look for lower season weaps.

Just grind h toc

it is good and the emblem one from tournament gives dks NO attack power

The crafted one is fine to start also

I think Grimhorn Crusher (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45203#comments) is good for start and cost only 25 Champion's Seal.

I dont wanna make another one topic about weapons for frost so I will ask here (sorry Yizren).

I dps with blood atm and here is my armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Aspects&n=Asag

I can do really good dps with my gear and spec but I wanna try something different and I hear frost dw is really fun and sometimes can even outdps blood 2h.
    Today I buy 2x Grimhorn Crusher and I wonder now if its good idea try dw spec with this weapons ar should I wait till I get better one
    (from toc hc dont wanna drop >)?

My BoH with blood spec is much better than DW frost with 2x Crushers or can compete with blood?

I cant have both specs with dual wield coz Im needed sometimes as off tank so I cant check in raid this.

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut
    I think Grimhorn Crusher (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45203#comments) is good for start and cost only 25 Champion's Seal.

I dont wanna make another one topic about weapons for frost so I will ask here (sorry Yizren).

I dps with blood atm and here is my armory:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Aspects&n=Asag

I can do really good dps with my gear and spec but I wanna try something different and I hear frost dw is really fun and sometimes can even outdps blood 2h.
    Today I buy 2x Grimhorn Crusher and I wonder now if its good idea try dw spec with this weapons ar should I wait till I get better one
    (from toc hc dont wanna drop >)?

My BoH with blood spec is much better than DW frost with 2x Crushers or can compete with blood?

I cant have both specs with dual wield coz Im needed sometimes as off tank so I cant check in raid this.

Any advice?
    My dk is still collecting equip but i tried dw frost and went naxx 10 with mostly ilvl 200 equip and it was horrible.
    the fights are way to short for dw frost to shine. with the same equip and a weapon of the same ilvl i was doing so much better with blood. it feels way better to have some cooldowns to activate in bossfights.
    so i'd say stick with blood for heroics and while starting raiding. to me it looks like dw frost is made for long bossfights in 25man raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighty
    My dk is still collecting equip but i tried dw frost and went naxx 10 with mostly ilvl 200 equip and it was horrible.
    the fights are way to short for dw frost to shine. with the same equip and a weapon of the same ilvl i was doing so much better with blood. it feels way better to have some cooldowns to activate in bossfights.
    so i'd say stick with blood for heroics and while starting raiding. to me it looks like dw frost is made for long bossfights in 25man raids.
    You were probably just doing it wrong.

So dw with mentioned weapons can compete with blood or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut
    So dw with mentioned weapons can compete with blood or not?
    dw weapons of same ilevel can compete with 2 handed blood specs with same ilevel 2 handers yes

At lower gear levels 2h will typically win out, but at higher levels DW can do as well or better (unless testing has shown differently) due to the +hit required to really excel at DW.

so you want to get good weps...but you dont wanna raid.

you sir, are why this game has become designed for casuals.

keep farming ToC, QQ less, or buy those epic boe 1h swords
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Quote Originally Posted by Arkive
    At lower gear levels 2h will typically win out, but at higher levels DW can do as well or better (unless testing has shown differently) due to the +hit required to really excel at DW.
    DW needs less hit than 2H for DKs?

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    DW needs less hit than 2H for DKs?
    to cap strikes, yes, but is it still beneficial to cap spells for a smother rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    to cap strikes, yes, but is it still beneficial to cap spells for a smother rotation.
    Ehrm:
    Frost uses 1 Spell per rotation (either Icy Touch or Pestillence) and a little less than 1 Rime proc per rotation the other skills only need 3% hit.
    Blood uses 4? Spells per rotation (either IT oder Pest + 3-4 Deathcoils?).

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Ehrm:
    Frost uses 1 Spell per rotation (either Icy Touch or Pestillence) and a little less than 1 Rime proc per rotation the other skills only need 3% hit.
    Blood uses 4? Spells per rotation (either IT oder Pest + 3-4 Deathcoils?).
    It still helps to smooth the rotation out a bit, and no one wants an instant, free HB crit to miss. more hit pass strike cap is useful but needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Exclusive
    It's a bit like... I don't want to work, how can I become a millionaire?

Anyway, combine Malvo and Acidragoon's posts and you have your only viable options.
    Heirloom works but doesn't compare to ilevel200 epic weaps. Getting S7 weaps isn't that easy, maybe look for lower season weaps.
    You can't get lower season weps .

Swords I use on my DK for DW are the Reaper of Dark Souls (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44250). Granted, they're not epic, but they are iLvL 200 swords.

I don't run instances (so can't do ToC) or raid on her. I hate pugs. Originally, I was going to be a tank for my guild, but then my guild decided they were bored of horde so rerolled on alliance. So any chance of new weapons for DPS or tanking went up in smoke. I also already have 4 other toons with Crusader so I got bored of the tournament before my DK hit 80. I have 7 toons total able to do the tournament. Getting 2 of the tourney maces aren't much of an option without scratching my eyes out. And running an instance until my eyes are bloodshot isn't much of an option, either. I already did that on my shaman once just to start raiding on her and did it more sparingly on a few other toons. Not doing it again.

Chances are, any DK would be almost revered or already revered with Ebon Blade by the time they hit 80 if they did Zul'drak and Shadow Vault. I skipped Zul'drak on my DK and was still almost revered just by doing Shadow Vault and some of the tourney. Easy weapons to get until you can get epics to replace them (if you have the ability to and are willing to).

Quote Originally Posted by Nighty
    4k on patch with naxx10 gear + Aledar's battlestar says you're doing it wrong