Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Seriously, I miss vanilla wow :(

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez
    No we don't
    Because "we" started playing during TBC or WotLK.

Vanilla was a great game.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Vanilla sure was better. But there is good things happened too. In vanilla you had to seriously be a nolife to play any raid.

Quote Originally Posted by It@chi
    Seriously both TBC and Vanilla were FAR better than wotlk....
    Please. Do NOT say this. Remember how it was when TBC came out? "wtf this crap! Vanilla better! meh wnat vanilla, TBC suxxxxxx!!111". Now that WotLK is the newest one, it sucks. When Cataclysm comes out, I bet WotLK will suddenly come "much better". You just remember the good parts, at least for me it was annoying to raid around 6-8 hours for starter raids. And that there was only one type of tank, two or three good DPS specs etc, no diversity at all.
    But it's just my opinion, after all.
     And in all honesty, I think they *should* bring those LONG raids back, but only to end-tier, so casuals (referring now to players with limited amount of time) could raid the entry-level instances, and those who put more effort to it, also raid more. Though Blizzards policy is against this, and this is wrong place to post suggestions

Edit: Fixed a typo

10+ Year Old Account

vanilla is a term used for an original game or just one that has had no expansions or sequels aka when TBC came out it was no longer vanilla

15+ Year Old Account

Tell me something that was better in Vanilla and I'll tell you two things that were worse.

And yes, I've played since day zero.

Quote Originally Posted by tabletti
    Please. Do NOT say this. Remember how it was when TBC came out? "wtf this crap! Vanilla better! meh wnat vanilla, TBC suxxxxxx!!111". Now that WotLK is the newest one, it sucks. When Cataclysm comes out, I bet WotLK will suddenly come "much better". You just remember the good parts, at least for me it was annoying to raid around 6-8 hours for starter raids. And that there was only one type of tank, two or three good DPS specs etc, no diversity at all.
    But it's just my opinion, after all.
    And in all honesty, I think they *should* bring those LONG raids back, but only to end-tier, so casuals (referring now to players with limited amount of time) could raid the entry-level instances, and those who put more effort to it, also raid more. Though Blizzards policy is against this, and this is wrong place to post suggestions
    this
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius

Bullshit. I play since release and the game has never been better then now. It's always that elitist thing, wanting to do something that the majority isn't able to. Well now, a lot of people can enjoy the content and this has always pissed off the hardcores.

Think the only tbc prob is SWP was out for a lil short time before wotlk
    season 3 was best season for me.
    but i think cataclysm will shit on this all and will be cool.

Deleted

suprised that no one posted it yet, so i guess i'll do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius

I've played since day 1.

The game is better now than it was in 'Vanilla' times.

I remember when I used to be in to nostalgia...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    You sir, is a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by It@chi
    Seriously both TBC and Vanilla were FAR better than wotlk....
    No shit..

And now blizz want every noob to have equal gear as the "pro's"
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshoof
    Bullshit. I play since release and the game has never been better then now. It's always that elitist thing, wanting to do something that the majority isn't able to. Well now, a lot of people can enjoy the content and this has always pissed off the hardcores.
    Dude, I'm less then a casual in this game. I just happened to enjoy the game alot during both Vanilla and TBC. You know, back when epics really meant something and when UBRS was progress?

Now? Not so much. I don't know what it is, but the content is just unappealing overall.
    You die.
    You are dead.

I dont think it has to do anything with being "important" in their guild. It has to do with skill. In the past you generally epicced out because of skill not because of some inherant right to own epics. When you grouped with players that had epics you knew you were grouping with skilled players and not some dimwit. True, this wasnt 100 percent the case. Some people actually DID epic out and not have a clue what they were doing, but by and large they had real skill.

Now, you roll the dice and take your chances. Too often i've grouped with people when new encounters come out and after 1 wipe on a totally new boss they have to bail because "this aint happening" . Its a joke how easily people quit and how people expect to get free gear with little work for it. Hell, too often people expect to be walked through instances. I love the server tells for groups now where they advertise that "you must be fully epiced to run this, for example to run Naxxramas and yet, the original poster calling for the group is newly 80 and in half greens. This has become the trait far too often as people are handed more and more gear
    Now it did have its problems. As someone posted, to get epicced you had to have no life, ie raid 5 or 6 days a week. In this regards the game has gotten better. There are more instances and things to do now in game then ever before. Now you can raid and EARN your epics without spending 5 days a week doing it. But earning is still the key word here. Its not about elitism, its about earning your way. Everyone should be able to do it. Raiding should be more accesible, but it still should not be handed to people on a silver platter without having to work for it.

10+ Year Old Account

Playing since day 0 too, and I prefer the game right now.

I miss 15players ubrs and 40players raids, but at least we can have a live and enjoy the game at same time.

Vanilla had some good times like players needed to have skillz and stuff but it also had major disadvantages.Especially the fact that every class had a particular role in the raid and many specs were just useless.It was the stereotypical Warrior tanks Druid,Paladin heal which i hate.

Plus i'm tired of some ppl trying to be elitist saying "Vanilla was better,in Vanilla u needed to be pro,Vanilla this vanilla that but never say they unlimited downfalls.

Quote Originally Posted by reemi
    I miss 15players ubrs and 40players raids, but at least we can have a life and enjoy the game at same time.
    I could not have said it better myself.
    Vanilla was waaay to time consuming for you to be able to do anything else on the side. Either you were hardcore or you didn't get anywhere at all in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweman
    I miss raiding bwl when raiding mattered, the game has changed and will never get the same WoW has been absolutely sell-out'ed.
    I guess we only have memories left: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cRfCewZhDU
    I miss your mother but i dont whine about it. stop whine and get a life, if you dont like how wow has become why do you play it then?

Deleted

It was hell boring to lvl from 1-60 in the old days and when you got there, then it was hard to gear yourself up, I got pretty tired of it. Tbc was okay, but still lack of fun in lvling. Wotlk fixed it all, Funny quest I actually enjoy lvling from 70 to 80. You are NOT getting "free" epics now, nothing is "free" and calling it "free" is a big mistakes, because it's not. However it is easy to get gear, but it also makes the game wider for people who don't use 5/7 days a week to raid, I do that myself, but I have no problem with people getting tier 8 head and chest or even tier 9 without doing the same thing as I.
    I enjoy the game and I don't ****** care about people doing nothing to get the same gear as me, I don't count gear as such an important thing to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by windwalk
    wow is far better now, but people tend to remember only the good things from the past+glorify and exaggerate them. wotlk is sooo much better and with every patch wow becomes even better.
    This^ and plus raiding is still very hard.... in fact harder than vanilla WoW if you havent tried hardmodes how can you judge it?