Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sunforged Breastplate?

What do you guys think?

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47593

vs.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48589

Sunforged is definitely better then the 245ilvl chest.. but is it worth the gold when 258ilvl chest is there?

Re: Sunforged Breastplate?

Im not quite sure i understand the last part of your post, maybe you could re-phrase it or something but if its what i think it is i would def go with Liadrin's regardless if its gonna take more time or money, its a better piece of gear all around.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/Board3r24/Sig.jpg
    (Sig too large)

well its:
    13 Int
    6 MP5
    20 Crit
    29 Spell Power

or one extra socket.. ???

Quote Originally Posted by Avestaria
    What do you guys think?

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47593

vs.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48589

Sunforged is definitely better then the 245ilvl chest.. but is it worth the gold when 258ilvl chest is there?
    I think the t9 245 chest is only slightly worse than the Sunforged, because the only difference is 9 sp 8 crit vs 1 gem slot (=20 int) and the 4 pc bonus should make t9.245 better.

And about the t9.258 : don't expect to see it that soon unless you're in a world class raid.

or, you could make the chest now and get the other pieces of 9.h first. or let tanks and DPS get it before you as they will benifit more from 9.h than a holy paladin.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

crafted one is more int, but that's about it. not enough not to want the 258 instead, but to get the 258, most "real" guilds need more 245 gear first.

we aren't bad, and we downed last boss h 10 man, but only got northrend beasts to 40-50% on icehowl 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Avestaria
    well its:
    13 Int
    6 MP5
    20 Crit
    29 Spell Power

or one extra socket.. ???
    If you could have either one right now, go with the tier chest. The extra socket (20-13=7 int) doesn't really compare well to the loss of 6mp5, 20 crit, and 29 sp.

Oh and not to mention that the 4 set is awesome, so the sooner you start building the tier 4 set, the better.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

wait.....

the 4 set is awesome? did i miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    wait.....

i must have too
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    wait.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    i must have too
    Must have...

1k+ HPS paladin FoL HoT (aka paladin lifebloom) at no extra mana cost=awesome :-*
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Must have...

1k+ HPS paladin FoL HoT (aka paladin lifebloom) at no extra mana cost=awesome :-*
    They must be in a raid group where just holy paladins use sacred shields. The bonus is really good if well used.

But I really can't see the dilema, since the 258 tier chest just dropds from Anub heroic, and will be somehow hard to get. You should focus on 4 tier pieces with another hard mode piece that you can get. Legs for the second boss is a good thing to aim for, but if you are in a good guild, I'd stick with the twins chest, because the tier chest sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    They must be in a raid group where just holy paladins use sacred shields.
    Huh? ???

The Sacred Shield HoT can be triggered on any target that has Sacred Shield on them, regardless of which paladin casts it. The HoT does not require the actual sacred shield proc in order to activate. In other words, it doesn't matter who casts sacred shield, although Holy pallies should get priority on tanks because the proc will be triggered the most (more crit %) and higher amount of damage will be absorbed due to much higher SP than ret and prot pallies.

I don't play a Paladin, but at first glance, the T9 chest is a whole lot better than the other one. Are you on drugs? Even with the extra socket i still can't see how it will trump the T9 chest.

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Huh? ???

The Sacred Shield HoT can be triggered on any target that has Sacred Shield on them, regardless of which paladin casts it. The HoT does not require the actual sacred shield proc in order to activate. In other words, it doesn't matter who casts sacred shield, although Holy pallies should get priority on tanks because the proc will be triggered the most (more crit %) and higher amount of damage will be absorbed due to much higher SP than ret and prot pallies.
    That was what I was saying. The bonus can be amazing if you have all paladins working together. I normaly raid with 4 paladins, having all tanks and add targets with free hots is great.

I just said that I wouldn't use the t9 chest, because it lacks from haste. But my guild is quite casual, so I don't think I will have acess to Twins hard mode chest, so I might use the hard mode legs from lord and be forced to use the tier chest.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    But I really can't see the dilema, since the 258 tier chest just dropds from Anub heroic, and will be somehow hard to get.

Nope the Tier-Vendor drops the chest xD All Bosses in 25 Heroic drops the so called Regalia of the Grand Conqueror http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47557. With these nice things you can get WHAT you want . They are not related to any set piece like the tier 4-8 Tokens.

Delivering Justice Since 2008 - retired since April 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Qwayne

Nope the Tier-Vendor drops the chest xD All Bosses in 25 Heroic drops the so called Regalia of the Grand Conqueror http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47557. With these nice things you can get WHAT you want . They are not related to any set piece like the tier 4-8 Tokens.
    Wrong, only Anub drops the Set Tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwayne

Wow, I haven't raided in months and probably won't be for a while, but that truly is amazing. If I was still a raider, I would highly appreciate this change, I think it is one of the best PVE changes that have been made recently and I hope they keep it this way.

wow, a 1k hot on your tank.... from a spell u only use during low damage times.

what is better, i gcd to get 7k heal on tank, and 1k hot, or 1 gcd for a 17k heal with 5k aoe heal, plus a 17k heal on the mt.

the set bonus is nice for hard mode 10's where u use more flash of lights because u have less mana regen, and if u dp, more a chance tank will get ganked with less healers. and 5 mans. but who wants a 4 set bonus that only helps in 25 mans when u have enough time to use a gcd on flash of lights.

and our guild assigns ss targets, and we keep it up on both tanks 100% uptime.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Wrong, only Anub drops the Set Tokens.
    Shit ... you're right. I thought that these tokens will drop from every boss, so i have to start farming some triumph emblems because i planned to farm enough dkp to roll on this -.-

Delivering Justice Since 2008 - retired since April 2011