What level should i go Prot to level?

So i just got my first talent and i wanna level as prot, i heard it is on par with ret and better in some cases because of the AoE pulls you can do so i'd like to know what level should i go prot to level and if someone can show me a good prot leveling build.

Thanks in advance !

Re: What level should i go Prot to level?

Personally what i did and what i tell others to do is level Ret until 60. then once you hit outlands go prot. EASYMODE!! once you hit about 65 or so I leveled mostly to 68 by just doing huge AOE pulls in nagrand. plus you get epic EXP from the mastery quest. You will never have a hard time finding a group if your a tank either. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxxly
    Personally what i did and what i tell others to do is level Ret until 60. then once you hit outlands go prot. EASYMODE!! once you hit about 65 or so I leveled mostly to 68 by just doing huge AOE pulls in nagrand. plus you get epic EXP from the mastery quest. You will never have a hard time finding a group if your a tank either. Good luck!
    thank you i'll try that

if you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to level as prot then i suggest lvl 45 (you get reckoning and holy shield)
    and use this weapon: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44096

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    if you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to level as prot then i suggest lvl 45 (you get reckoning and holy shield)
    and use this weapon: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44096
    putting so much emphasis it makes prot look like a bad leveling spec...

is it?

the reason i want to is because i really hate having to pull just one mob at a time ( not like i can't AoE pull with ret ) but as prot it seems like you can easily just pull a pack of mobs and hack your way through it

My pally went prot from level 23-80. It was a lot of fun with the aoe and the not ever really have to worry about dying.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

You can always AOE pull as Prot, but Holy Shield is one of our biggest moves. If you just want it as a fast level spec, then go it when you can get it. Once you hit 60 you get Hammer of the Righteous, and then mobs cower in fear of your ungodly pulling prowess. Be sure to ALWAYS use Blessing of Sanctuary once you get it (Always!) as it will be your biggest mana-regen until Divine Plea. If you still have problems, use Seal/Judgement of Wisdom.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Leveling as prot is really only beneficial for finding groups while leveling, I leveled prot, and it just takes longer, its pretty much easier to kill 5 mobs quickly as ret then to bring 5 mobs to together and killed them as prot. It only becomes a lot easier at lv 75 because you get Sotr, and it dosn't sound like your there yet.

You could also just get duel spec if this is an alt of yours, which your probably gonna get at 80 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSineLaw
    It only becomes a lot easier at lv 75 because you get Sotr, and it dosn't sound like your there yet.
    ShoR damnit... it's ShoR!!!!

Shield of Righteousness... there's not even a T in there..

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    You can always AOE pull as Prot, but Holy Shield is one of our biggest moves. If you just want it as a fast level spec, then go it when you can get it. Once you hit 60 you get Hammer of the Righteous, and then mobs cower in fear of your ungodly pulling prowess. Be sure to ALWAYS use Blessing of Sanctuary once you get it (Always!) as it will be your biggest mana-regen until Divine Plea. If you still have problems, use Seal/Judgement of Wisdom.
    Thank you very much good sir. : )

and thanks to all the replies really, i'll try that out guys thanks for your time !

I admit leveling Ret at first is boring, well for me atleast. I leveled ret until I was about 30 and switched to Prot until i was 80. It worked fine for me, I had no trouble surviving tough situations plus I never had trouble finding groups for instances if I was bored. Its better to level prot at higher levels cause you have more talents to help you out, but I just wanted to say that it worked for me even at 30.

Purplecobra

iv played a pally since BC came out and i leveled it up as prot from level 1 - 80, its easy mode with aoe pulls and you never die especially since they buffed prot again. makes group quests soloable and such as well as easy to find groups as a tank for instances

I leveled my Pally back in BC from 1 to 70 as Prot. 70 to 80 was easy mode with all the level 70 epics I had. Sometime after WOTLK was released, I leveled my Warrior as Prot all the way to 80. Piece of cake. It's definitely better since you can pretty much finish a quest in 1 or 2 pulls. Just pull everything, judge light to get some heals, and keep a rotation going so consecrate is always down and your holy shield is always active.