Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Detterence question

So, i've been doing some bg's lately and i found out that detterence isn't 100% dmgproof.
    I knew about chaos bolt negated the effect, but i recieved damage from frost mage and
    ret pala as well while under the effect of detterence...and i am not talking about AoE.
    Does anyone know what's the deal? What spells penetrate our "bubble"?

Re: Detterence question

Add Overpower to the list. It cannot be blocked, dodged or parried, hence why it penetrates deterence. There's also a glyph that allows the use of Overpower after a parry, in addition to dodge.

Spells with similiar effect, such as Rune Strike should penetrate it aswell.

I think other Hunters can also attack you while you have deterrence up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

my favorite thing is hammer of wrath and judgments go through it...
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy1346
    my favorite thing is hammer of wrath and judgments go through it...
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

Those are both unparriable also though, right? Makes sence if that is the case.

i have been cheap shoted through it also, and druid maimed....deterrence is garbage with all this stuff that can go through it and only 5 sec duration they need to make it so you can attack too....or make a hunter bubble!!! god i would love to bubble hearth as a hunter lol

the worst thing i have discovered is that the two jormungars spit straight through it :S
    The man they call Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Trolltrolltroll
    Telling people why you kicked them is the only way for them to know how not to do it in the next group they're in.

Seriously, imagine you're 5 years old, playing with Legos in your room, and dad comes in and slaps you around a little bit and tells you that you're grounded. What do you learn from the experience? Just that dad is an asshole.

Don't be an asshole, dad.

Yep. Shots ignore it, aoe spells ignore it, dots ignore it (not to mention 'lock CB), spells already in the air ignore it, rogue cs/ks ignores it afaik, warriors can rip through it NP, half of paladin attacks ignore it. Basically pretty much every class counters it somehow.

It's just ... meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocstar
    My personal belief is that whoever plays a hunter in the arena testing they have done since season 1 is just a monster, skilled beyond all belief and manages to whomp on the testers playing other classes. They in turn nerf hunters each and every patch to close the gap on this superhuman hunter demigod.... Slow down on the skills man, we don't stand a chance now and we can't take much more of the nerf bat.

my guess is that rogues just stun you from behind. and unlike dodge that rogues gain from evasion parry does not work when your enemy is behind you.
    Holy spells just penetrate through everything which isnt a total immunity.
    i think the ability is good enough for buying you a few seconds and thats not bad at all.

p.s.: imagine the QQ if your shots could be parried dodged etc..

15+ Year Old Account

Ranged attacks go through.
    Chaos Bolt goes through.
    Attacks that cannot be parried (like Overpower and old Frost Strike) goes through.
    Cheap Shot's tooltip doesn't say it but it cannot be dodged or parried either.
    Kidney Shot does not go through unless the hunter is already CC'd, same for Maim.
    Attacks that come from above supposedly goes through (think Holy Fire).
    Some AoE goes through but not all.

Anything else is the result of latency.

only melee action gets blocked afaik
    all the rest can or gets true its pretty irritating
    the skill just dont work as it should be

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

Yh I remember the first time i saw a chaos bolt fly through and hit me for 8k.
    My facial expression at that moment was something like this : O.o whattttttttttttttttttttt

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

It's a very weak defence, in fact: it's mostly a limitation of your own abilities while still being burned down...

You can't even bandage when under deterrence!
    Some defence...

You need deterrence most when disarmed, because all our other defenses except traps are taken away at that point, but of course we can't use it than.

I would want deterrence to allow melee attacks at least.
    That would make counterattack a bit better again (and god knows that ability needs some love).

I consider a paladin bubble still OP out of principle: such a strong defense should not allow attacks or stuns to be performed (even at lower damage).
    So I don't want hunters to get a bubble+ attacks as well...
    But melee attacks shouldn't be gamebreaking.

15+ Year Old Account

Cheap shot is the worse. Makes it completely pointless.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shiikarii
    Cheap shot is the worse. Makes it completely pointless.
    you can still flare

I lol'd

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Angelico
    the worst thing i have discovered is that the two jormungars spit straight through it :S
    This is merely a setback.

But seriously, there are still TO MANY things going trough Detterence. At this point it's still to weak imo. And like we've been asking for ages: make us able to attack while in Detterence..!

I dont know why all you fools are crying over this awesome spell.

Death Grip
    Bladestorm
    Priest fear
    sheeps
    haunt/unstable affliction

all deflected and parried

Hunters have bigger problems than this good spell. Pets and the amount of work we have to put into killing an enemy and our low damage are much bigger problems than this.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphar
    I dont know why all you fools are crying over this awesome spell.

Death Grip
    Bladestorm
    Priest fear
    sheeps
    haunt/unstable affliction

all deflected and parried

Hunters have bigger problems than this good spell. Pets and the amount of work we have to put into killing an enemy and our low damage are much bigger problems than this.
    Problem is not our "low damage" the problem has always been survivability. Dead Hunters do 0 damage and hunter are one of the easiest classes to kill on my Pal/War/DK/Rog. Deterrence was suppose to give us survivability against melee classes.

The list of Abilities that cut thou Deterrence is way to large for the duration and limitations imposed on it. Compared to other Survival tools in the game it really is a bad joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.