Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Honor farming, how to do it right?

Hi there,

I've been trying to buy all the gear I could from honor, but I'm finding myself really struggling to get a reasonable amount of honor.

Is there a good way to do it? It seems horde can't win any BGs :/

I really appreciate any tips.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Honor farming, how to do it right?

Win Wintergrasp.

Farm the shit out of heroics.

Use yer stone keepers shards to buy the honor commendations, use yer emblems to buy pvp set gear.

Profit.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Don't put yourself through it, Blizzard only care about "balancing" around arena and really couldn't give a damn about the bgs. They've turned PvP into a retardfest, trying to squeeze what started as a 40 man raid balanced game into a 5 man at most PvP game. The consequences of this were obvious from the start, certain classes would be weaker than others in a smaller group, and they've just chopped and changed and introduced hack job solutions so many times that the PvP side is just a mess. If you want to play a game that requires "skill" play an FPS or even do something IRL. If you want a dumb, luck and class based game I suppose WoW is right for you.
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

Here is what I've been doing lately, my own mini-mission of sorts.
    This weekend, I did WSG all I could (except when Wintergrasp was up, didn't do that), and then once I got 100 Marks of Honor with that, I switched to Strand (but I hated it and switched to AV). Now I have 100 AV Marks, and I'll probably work on AB or EotS next.
    Along the way, I've gotten 3/5 Deadly and I bought a PvP trinket with WG marks. I'm hoping to get 100 of each mark before handing them in. It's not the most intelligent idea, but I can focus on one BG at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkle
    Don't put yourself through it, Blizzard only care about "balancing" around arena and really couldn't give a damn about the bgs. They've turned PvP into a retardfest, trying to squeeze what started as a 40 man raid balanced game into a 5 man at most PvP game. The consequences of this were obvious from the start, certain classes would be weaker than others in a smaller group, and they've just chopped and changed and introduced hack job solutions so many times that the PvP side is just a mess. If you want to play a game that requires "skill" play an FPS or even do something IRL. If you want a dumb, luck and class based game I suppose WoW is right for you.
    you said it bro.
    i find wintergrasp events as a nice honor boost thru the quests there every week.in adition those stonekeeper shards and marks give even more if you add them up.
    other then that...get to a diff realm? some just suck.others dont.
    hopes this helps
    To play those millions of minds,to watch them slowly respond to an unseen stimulus to guide theyr aspiration without theyr knowledge-all this whether in high capacities or in humble,is a big and endless game of chess of ever extraordinary excitement
    -sydney west-

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Win Wintergrasp.

Farm the shit out of heroics.

Use yer stone keepers shards to buy the honor commendations, use yer emblems to buy pvp set gear.

Profit.
    QFT.

By far the best way if you are looking for PVP Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by dambros
    Hi there,

I've been trying to buy all the gear I could from honor, but I'm finding myself really struggling to get a reasonable amount of honor.

Is there a good way to do it? It seems horde can't win any BGs :/

I really appreciate any tips.

Thanks in advance.
    It's a lot harder when you're losing (well, obviously, but I mean there's a massive step down in honor between 10 wins and 10 losses, especially when you factor in all the lost tokens).

Make sure you do the 5 Wintergrasp weeklys...even if you never win WG, you can still do 4 of them and turn them in for about 14000 honor, then use the stone keeper's shards you get from them to get 2000 more with the commendation (unless you're saving them for something else).

Beyond that, just rotate through the BGs, do the BG daily quest first then do whatever you need for the 6 token turn-in (Concerted Efforts? I think it's called). I think sometimes sticking to one BG your side is good at, or one that provides more honor, might be better than aiming for Concerted Efforts, but I find that rotating around means you won't get burnt out as quickly.

1) Get pvptools

2) Configure

3)Go outside

4) ???

5) Profit

been like that since season2

10+ Year Old Account

Horde ALWAYS wins dont know what your talking about...

Is there a correct way to get invited for WG? I tried 4 times today, only could join once :/

Seriously do arena even if you have bad gear, once you have enough arena points after a few weeks or whenever, once you get enough you should be able to buy the gear alot cheaper then straight honor.
    But for actually grinding i honor i do the Wg quests and hand in the tokens for honor. Then i grind 10marks from each Bg, hand them in for honor and repeat. Also do the Bg daily quest.

I win it for horde.
    It's gonna be different on every battlegroup, ur petty "HORDE WINZZZZZZS ALL TIME!1111" doesn't mean shit, Its different for everyone, downies.

Quote Originally Posted by Samelar
    Deathwing: "Heh.What are you doesent made you something more than a Mortal.IM the Deathwing!And I will KILL YOU!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz
    are you retdad of dreadmaul if so i would just liek to psot knowone raid with this guy he ninjas offspec items...
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent
    He's a product of Natural Selection.... someone drank a case of Natural Light and knocked up an Irish, morbidly obese Downs chick.

Horde never win BGs? I need to transfer there. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Skiball
    Horde never win BGs? I need to transfer there. lol
    QFT

Horde generally wins on Ruin

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by xxGenshinxx
    I win it for horde.
    It's gonna be different on every battlegroup, ur petty "HORDE WINZZZZZZS ALL TIME!1111" doesn't mean shit, Its different for everyone, downies.
    Incase you didn't catch my sarcasm, I was pretending to drive the horde never / always wins arguments.

I just run WG on my toons. I have 7 80s so running BGs on all of them interests me like a hole in the head. I have 3 horde and 4 alliance all on the same server. Horde tend to win the BGs in my battlegroupd and typically BGs just turn into a game of who can insult the rest of the raid the worst rather than a game of beating the opposite faction. I stopped doing BGs when WotLK hit and don't plan to go back. When people learn to actually play and stop arguing with each other, I may go back to BGs.

Figured after doing 3 of the WG dailies on an offense run (victory, slaying the horde/alliance, defend the seige), I get around 12k honor. Then I do the toppling the towers on a defense run and the extra daily to get some herbs, the arrows, or the embers and that's another 7k or so there. So about 19-20k for 2 WG games. And the dailies reset on Tuesday and 4 days after you do them. So do them on Tuesday and they reset Saturday, Wednesday and they reset Sunday, or Thursday and they reset Monday. Do them on or after Friday and you lose a reset. So that's a potential 38-40k honor just from WG. I don't do the arrow/herb/ember one regularly so I only get 32-35k honor from WG in a week. That's still a decent chunk. And then the shards so potentially 40-100 shards in a week. I can buy 1-3 honor commendations for that so another 6k honor. So just from WG, I can almost buy an item worth 49.6k honor a week.

You queue up to WG by talking to the WG battlemaster in any major city. They're by the regular BG battlemasters. Or you can just fly to WG and a queue option auto pops up. It may take a minute for it to show, though. Flying out and back in can sometimes get it to pop up. If you can't get into a game, it's likely the game is full. It's a max of 120 players or 3 raid groups per side to help with the lag issues. Although my server has been having severe lag problems since 3.2 hit concerning WG so that didn't do anything.

You want to grind out BGs instead, find the BG your side tends to win and grind grind grind. I once ran AV for 17 hours on my druid during an AV weekend back at 70. It was the only BG the alliance won at the time, too. Now I NEVER want to see AV again. >_<

Is there a correct way to get invited for WG? I tried 4 times today, only could join once :/
    They changed WG to a queue system similar to BGs in patch 3.2 I think it was.

Now, in the 15 minutes before WG (during WG too if you arrive late), you can talk to the Mage in Dalaran or simply enter the zone.

This will put you in queue, and you will be ported to the zone (if you queued in Dalaran) or simply enter the battle (if you are already in the zone) once the timer hits zero, and then you will be automatically placed in a raid group.

I think the max is 125 or 150 players per side. Doesn't really matter considering I've never been booted for over-queues thus far.

Edit: Shoulda read the post above me before I posted, lol. Pretty much what he said.

Thanks for the great replies guys.

My problem with WG is the fact I never can get in. I queue and when the figth starts it says the queue is full and I can't participate on it :/

Thanks for the great replies guys.

My problem with WG is the fact I never can get in. I queue and when the figth starts it says the queue is full and I can't participate on it :/
    Queue 15 min before WG starts

grinding honor i assume is just code from grinding pvp gear right?

in that case, the fastest way is with vault and emblems and the low rating arena stuff. You can get an almost full set of pvp gear (if you need a full set) in about a week with WG marks/some saved arena points and honor and old emblems.

honestly, stacking a vault group and rolling the dice works too. i have literally screamed at rolls cause i know it means a direct time commitment because i lost that roll.