Thread: 10k DPS

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

10k DPS

On the front page, the #1 dps on H 25 Anub'arak is doing 10k dps...following by 9ks from other rogues and DKs. But the only hunter they have is only doing 5k.
    10k dps is not unheard of, but most of them happen in some sort of damage buff from boss/environment situation.
    As far as I know there is no gimmicks that boost your dps on anub fight.
    So is it possible for hunters to achieve 10k dps on this boss?

Re: 10k DPS

Fan of Knives+Adrenaline Rush+Blade Flurry+Killing Spree

Theres kind of alot of adds

a lot of melee classes get to beat on the boss, AoE and incedental adds ect, ranged classes(like us) get to do orbs, adds, ect ect
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

That's why I hate damage meters, they are fine for checking out new gear setups etc. but they don't really show the true work done by any single person. If one person has to kite adds, they are obviously not going to top the charts, but if they fail at their job the raid will wipe. A rogue dropping from 10K to say 8K, however, will have a limited effect on the raid, unless you are barely making some sort of enrage timer. With the right gear, against the same single target, every class can match up with any other class
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

You have a level 9 shadow priest.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account

remember it was most likely the hunters job to shoot the blue orbs of perma frost down. So they were most likely not doing a hell of a lot of dps.

If anything the two mages and warlock being beaten by a ret pally and 3 dk's is a touchy issue :P

Wow that's more extreme than my level 11 fire mage, specced 0/1/0.

Arcilux - I suspect on this fight a rogue dropping from 10k to 8k would have a massive effect on whether they killed or not, by all accounts the fight is a massive DPS and control race on heroic.

Obviously a lot of the hunter's DPS loss was from not being able to aoe like rogues/DKs can. They may have had him killing frost orbs too, which blows as MM, but since you've only got 6 orbs to shoot down on heroic, you're not losing much time doing it - maybe on 25 man they did a lot of the add killing during a burrow phase, in which case chasing down orbs while others are killing adds would hurt DPS, on 10 you can pretty much just kill orbs while no one else is killing much of anything during burrow (the small scarabs have very little HP on 10Heroic).

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter
    remember it was most likely the hunters job to shoot the blue orbs of perma frost down.  So they were most likely not doing a hell of a lot of dps.

If anything the two mages and warlock being beaten by a ret pally and 3 dk's is a touchy issue :P
    Hard Mode only has one spawn of perma frost.

This fight is a team cleave fight, although hunters can top it on 10 man Hard Mode even having to shoot permafrost in the beginning:

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/7457602#damageout

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter
    remember it was most likely the hunters job to shoot the blue orbs of perma frost down. So they were most likely not doing a hell of a lot of dps.

You do realize the paladin was using a spec Blizzard has deemed "viable for dps" (retribution) while the mages were both frost (which Blizzard has openly said is currently crap and needs to be fixed). The mages barely lost, too. Now that, that is sad. I feel bad for the ret. Beating frost mages and feeling proud. Lol what a joke.

Fan of Win=lots of dps. This is not a single target dps fight, or that difference in dps would be an issue. The hunter is in there to shoot down orbs, its the most versatile ranged class in terms of being able to move and shoot.

You'll probably notice that the hunters are top dps (or ought to be) on fights like Faction Champions for that very reason.

As far as being possible to reach 10k on this fight as a hunter? Yes, but it would require badass gear, not being assigned to orbs, and a shitload of adds to aoe...and they'd have to be very good.

maybe he was killing frost spheres? then occasionally swapped to an00b?

Edit: typo

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gasillio
    You do realize the paladin was using a spec Blizzard has deemed "viable for dps" (retribution) while the mages were both frost (which Blizzard has openly said is currently crap and needs to be fixed). The mages barely lost, too. Now that, that is sad. I feel bad for the ret. Beating frost mages and feeling proud. Lol what a joke.
    ^this
    both mages are frost

15+ Year Old Account

I love all the posts about how the Hunter was most likely on orb duty.... even after:

Quote Originally Posted by Kalti
    Hard Mode only has one spawn of perma frost.
    [e]: I r gud speelor.

Sometimes I don't know why I bother, Canuk

Quote Originally Posted by Gasillio
    Frost totw isnt that bad.

Not sure if that was their specc as it's not letting me check right now, but if they were that, then it's not that bad.

FFB would probably be better, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuk
    I love all the posts about how the Hunter was most likely on orb duty.... even after:

[e]: I r gud speelor.
    This^

The post on mmo says they were frost but if you actually looked at armory both mages had two fire specs. Not sure if they changed them after the raid or if MMO champion put the wrong label on them

Quote Originally Posted by Blandertos
    You have a level 9 shadow priest.
    you where armorying there guys up to see there leet gear?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by sxoox
    On the front page, the #1 dps on H 25 Anub'arak is doing 10k dps...following by 9ks from other rogues and DKs. But the only hunter they have is only doing 5k.
    10k dps is not unheard of, but most of them happen in some sort of damage buff from boss/environment situation.
    As far as I know there is no gimmicks that boost your dps on anub fight.
    So is it possible for hunters to achieve 10k dps on this boss?
    Who cares, everyone stood where they needed to stand, did what they needed to do and the boss went down.

DPS meters aren't the be all and end all, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by alienangel
    Wow that's more extreme than my level 11 fire mage, specced 0/1/0.
    You have an unspent talent point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinyice
    Who cares, everyone stood where they needed to stand, did what they needed to do and the boss went down.

DPS meters aren't the be all and end all, get over it.
    While I tend to agree with you, there are a few fights (read: Patchwork) where DPS meters are a good idea of where you stand and how you scale VS other classes. If not for extensive testing and DPS meters to back it up, many classes would not be in the state they are in now.

Though there are also gimmick fights that heavily cater to one or two classes. For example, Warriors having unlimited rage in the Shade of Akama fight did wonders to shatter currently attainable DPS records.

Anub'arak is no different, the classes with the best and most accessible AoE combined with staying power turn up on top.

OMG OMG OMG NERF DKs NERF ROGUES, PLEASE NERF MY RAID!
    then QQ beacause ur raid cant keep enought aoe on X fight.

and yes Hunter can archive 10k dps,, Volley spam.

Raid Progress = Team work.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.