Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Shadow Form Look

Leave well enough alone. we have all seen what happens when you tamper with druid forms, I dont think that we need a refresher on that lesson.
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by jonfauscett
    Leave well enough alone. we have all seen what happens when you tamper with druid forms, I dont think that we need a refresher on that lesson.
    Oh. You get awesome looking updates and several options to choose from to fit your liking?

Maybe we SHOULD try and get something done about this..

15+ Year Old Account

Can do what I do when I got sick of Sform..

Setup a Power Aura to display some sort of custom animation to show when your char has Shadowform on.

I'll screeny from home if I remember but I use a kinda cloud/smoke effect that animates whenever Sform is up giving me a kinda *poof* effect like a ninja smoke bomb has just gone off.

10+ Year Old Account

They need to change it, or Tauren shadow priests will look....tarded

Quote Originally Posted by Keh
    Can do what I do when I got sick of Sform..

Setup a Power Aura to display some sort of custom animation to show when your char has Shadowform on.

I'll screeny from home if I remember but I use a kinda cloud/smoke effect that animates whenever Sform is up giving me a kinda *poof* effect like a ninja smoke bomb has just gone off.
    I know it's not entirely the same, but wouldn't that count as model changing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mogrutana
    They need to change it, or Tauren shadow priests will look....tarded

.. why? What's any more "tarded" about a darker translucent tauren than, say, a dwarf? Gnome? Human? Troll?

It's a skin swap with some wooshy shadow effects, I don't see what's so special about tauren getting it. :|

Quote Originally Posted by rutilant

.. why? What's any more "tarded" about a darker translucent tauren than, say, a dwarf? Gnome? Human? Troll?

It's a skin swap with some wooshy shadow effects, I don't see what's so special about tauren getting it. :|
    A cow trying to go shadowish.. not gonna look pretty ;D
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    No, as it's a change in a legal addon, not the game files.
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    It Just doesn't feel like your in another form, all the other form abilities for classes actually turn you into something different.
    .....what??
    warlocks turn into a demon for a limited time with a cooldown. what other class, druid forms excluded, turns into another form for as long as they want? just a shaman in a state where they really can't fight anything but lvl 1 critters.
    what other class can change their color and to know that is noticable from a mile away other than a Spriest?

As a mage i would find it awsome if my molten armor made me a dark red and/or put little fires on me. or if my ice armor made me blue with the same frosty visual as frostbarrier gives. or if my mage armor(arcane) did....can't think of anything really. maybe bleach me or make me rainbowish.

point being, i would like any noticable visual trait

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    its not. changing visuals such as that are ok because only the user sees it. editing the model's size/structure is against the ToS. i can not honestly say i know that it is visible on both ends though.

changing the model includes making females have larger assets, or changing the proper model with another(turning cat form into a worgen or bear form into a panda"can be found on youtube")
    changing the visuals such as skin color or armor color does not break the ToS, these changes are only visible by you. such as making a robe more revealing or making an elf into a drow(black) elf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer2005
    Turning Off Experience has ruined BGs!

I like Shadowform as it is right now. You're shifted into a shadowy reflection of yourself. They could finally clear up the graphic issues with helm and shoulders looking less transuculent and darker, but beside this, it's fine.
    Tough I wouldn't feel offended if they'd make it more spectacular - like when shifting having an animation of shadows that crawl up from the priest's shadow and envelop the player; or dragging the original model into the shadow and leaving the shadowy resemblance behind. Something like this. And when inside shadow form, instead of this... shadowdust thing that reeks up from us like from a carpet being beaten for the first time since ten years, well, they could let it look like wraiths that try to escape the shadowform, like trying to use the priest as a gate from the other side into ours'.
    Just things that came to my mind; but well, would perhaps be too spectacular. The nerdrage hates it when some people might feel less special than other people.
    The changes to druid forms were changes that affected all druids as they all have cat and bear forms. So don`t expect shadow form to be on the to-pimp-list before the single-spec forms of the druid... and even here I see the tree-form being higher priority. We're just outnumbered and they have much more to do than fixing something that ain't broken.

15+ Year Old Account

I think it should stay the same, but more of an HD graphic... like heavy smoke-like shadows coming off the Shadowform aura on yourself.. kind of like what the Voidwalker has going around his base.

its nice as it is...

got spriest and dont care how shadowform looks. i think this one is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Peaquak
    PATCH 3.3

Shadowform now transforms you into Mr. Game & Watch
    lmao nice that would be very distinguishable
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

All it is now is a giant Bullseye/Arrow over the head saying hey kill me first.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil
    All it is now is a giant Bullseye/Arrow over the head saying hey kill me first.
    no thats tree of life form :P

I'd like the shadow effect to be toned down, and instead put more focus on dark swirling mists around the priest. Done right, armor could be visible while still preserving shadowform's distinctiveness.

But yeah, a minor detail -- but still it's sad that we've all given up hope for small art changes like this because we know Blizzard is too busy etc. Making new druid forms is a huge undertaking because instead of hiring extra help to deal with such a project they prefer to put the work burden on their regular team, which takes away time from making other art changes. And considering Blizzard likes to keep their teams relatively small, not a lot of changes can go through. I'm sure there are lots of good points to this approach but sometimes I wish Blizzard would just hire more personnel to get more things done quicker. I'm sure they could maintain their high standards with competent QA and supervising.

I wouldn't mind something like this this or this

lawls what if they just took dispersion, put a face on it and made that your permanent shadowform.
    Or, they could just make your char model disappear and leabe nothing but YOUR SHADOW!!!