what should elemental dps be in 25 TOC

Is it just me but is elemental dps stagnant i cant seem to get pass 4.3dps on none buffed fights in 25 man H TOC
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ry&n=Shamshock
    Brb gonna go watch my penis grow

Re: what should elemental dps be in 25 TOC

i think its just your actions you do, my shaman does around 4k and has heroic+naxx+t8help/chest.

I know how ToC is but honestly you need to try to find a place and dront move at all, its more or less about moving as less as possible and just being a turret, warlocks, hunters, spriests, mages, pretty much any range class can move w/o letting their dps incredibly drop as much as ele shamans. Not that im saying that you need to like stand in poison or somethin just be incredibly aware of your surroundings.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

I think you can do better than 4.3 with the gear you have. My gear is pretty similar save my weapon and i am usually around 5k, if I can stand still and cast more like 5.5k.

yeah i know but with the moving around i do i always ave. out to 4.3-4.5 and i was just wondering if any 1 else was having the same problem on non buffed boss fights. maybe u fokes have a better rotation then me. on single targets i do fs/lvb/lb<4> and on mobs ido fs/lvb/cl/lb<3>
    Brb gonna go watch my penis grow

You have enough haste to be doing 5 lightning bolts between your lava bursts. With Heroism you can probably do 6. Imo don't be too anal about clipping lavaburst a little, it's not that good of a spell to just sit for 1 second doing nothing just to make sure you get it off as soon as it's available. If you don't have time to cast a lightning bolt then cast a chain lightning or refresh your flame shock. Also I find a cast bar with built in latency is very helpfull, quartz does a nice job. Also you might want to go back to your 4 piece conq, i think it's worth about 150 dps.

@Shamshock
    If you're raiding 25mans and always have a boomkin/shadowpriest in your raids... you're overhitcapped, you might want to reconsider changing some of your "hit" gems with "SP/HASTE/CRIT" it should slightly improve your dps...

Keep in mind that the elemental shamans hit rating cap w/talent is 289.

edit: nvm that, after checking your entire gear, you only have 1 gem with hit rating on it, but still.. 353hit is too much for a raid that includes shadowpriest/boomkin
    GearScore - is directly related to Skill; the More you care about it, the Less you have.
    GearScore - is like a Bikini; what it shows is Suggestive, what it hides is far more Important.

He can switch out his hit Ring or Trinket. Trinket is the best choice (unless DC is his only trinket) dropping down to 282. this'll let him re-gem chest with Veiled + Blue (switch from Bracers) to net +2 SP socket and be at 292 hit.

as for DPS, 5-5.5k is usually benchmark, not including gimmicks.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Neokarasu

I'm only around 5.8k, kinda shows how bad we scale.

Indeed, since 3.1, I've gain a couple of pieces 245.

My dps has increased only slightly 5.3k to 5.5k while other classes gain more than 2k dps (Hunter-DK-Rogues-Lock-Mages). They sit at 6.5-8k dps in my guild (non buffs fights). Even the ENH shaman is 1k dps over me (he has crappier gear). They scale very well with stats - > AP buffs.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Lustforchaos

10+ Year Old Account

Elementals should be sitting at 5.3k-5.5k dps for ToC on non-gimmicky fights. The only one that *might* be bad would be Faction Champions in that instance. I know it's the worst fight for me because I'm stuck on "hex this", "thunderstorm that warrior out of the group" and "purge bot on the nuke target".

And I sit 4.6k-4.7k on average. Latency so kills me in casting.
    :3

Quote Originally Posted by fuknfreak
    @Shamshock
    If you're raiding 25mans and always have a boomkin/shadowpriest in your raids... you're overhitcapped, you might want to reconsider changing some of your "hit" gems with "SP/HASTE/CRIT" it should slightly improve your dps...

Keep in mind that the elemental shamans hit rating cap w/talent is 289.

edit: nvm that, after checking your entire gear, you only have 1 gem with hit rating on it, but still.. 353hit is too much for a raid that includes shadowpriest/boomkin
    so ur saying im jus a 'lil' over hit capped?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ang&n=Diiabblo
    i pull 4k dps in 25's atm, im not in a guild that is doing ToTC atm, jus still trudging thru 10uld an doing pug VoA's when i can

Ok so I might be not that crappy after all. I raid as enhance but gathered decent ele gear and I do dailies and daily hc with it(for mana reserving purposes). Was kinda worried of 2,5-4k dps in 5mans and my rotation(solo mob fs>lvb>lb>lb>lb>lb>lb; multiple target- fs>lvb>cl>lb...) is it me or elemental must be rather dull in raids? Not tried other than 5mans or raid trash, but for boss fights is it 3 button based? or am I missing something.

P.S. ganking possibilities are just awesome tho

even single mobs i throw the CL lightning in on every CD, it hits harder than LB and u really shouldnt hav any mana problems.

trash mobs run an throw a magma tot down, use CL, then pop thunderstorm (make sure u hav it glyphed or ur going to hav one mighty pissed off tank)