Need some help with Mage PvP

Me and a friend of mine (resto druid) have this 2v2 arena team. Im currently arcane, and i got these questions:

Do arcane mages need haste? If yeah, how much is "ok"?
    What about spell penetration? is it needed in arenas?
    Hit rating with spells is 110 (for arena ofc), isnt it?
    Are there any guides or sites that i can get any information about pvp mages?(like elitist jerks for pve)
    Since i am a human mage, which pvp trinkets should i pick?

Any tips or tricks for a new arcane mage in the arena are always welcome :3
    ty in advance ^^

Re: Need some help with Mage PvP

What you need to do is find a good pvp mage on your server and ask him to show you some things in duels, but other then that only way you can get better is by experence. if your arcane you'll be casting two main attack spells obvi. one is instant cast and one is arcane blast, haste will help GBCD and obvi. the cast of the arc blast. as for hit, 5% is standard for any caster. it is said that 60 is the bare minimum, but i have 110 Spell Pen and i still get reists from a pally's aura. you can never go wrong stacking Spell pwr.
    -gl and just keep playing bgs and arena

I have been playing arcane with a holy pally this season in 2's. I actually started with the cookiecutter pvp arcane specs on WoWwiki. They have like 4 there. They work well and are fun to play! Check em out : )

Regarding arena: I enjoy 3's much better with arcane mage for the simple fact that matches lasted FOREVER in 2's. Once you are out of mana, you gotta evade and cc until your next evocate/mana gem, whatever. It can be a real pain in the arse. Had many matches of 20+ minute against druid/pally healers. I never have that problem in 3's.

I have stacked SPower, crit, resil for gems & enchants - and left APen/haste/hit from gear only

GL!!!

alright. tyvm both of you for your replies ^^