2v2 Resto Spec'd into Imp Insect Swarm

Regarding only the 2v2 bracket:

After reading some posts by Aesa (S1-6 Glad) over on AJ he really spoke highly of this spec. The added damage to puts extra pressure on healer/dps teams and vs dps/dps most resil capped druids can heal through the damage.

I wanted to see if anyone here can offer any insight or advice on this. Thanks

Re: 2v2 Resto Spec'd into Imp Insect Swarm

Quote Originally Posted by orchunterdude
    Regarding only the 2v2 bracket:

After reading some posts by Aesa (S1-6 Glad) over on AJ he really spoke highly of this spec. The added damage to puts extra pressure on healer/dps teams and vs dps/dps most resil capped druids can heal through the damage.

I wanted to see if anyone here can offer any insight or advice on this. Thanks
    I am a warrior, and I encounter this spec often. It does apply a nice amount of pressure on all players, but I have one concern about it... mana. A team that knows what they're doing will change targets a lot against a druid team to keep his HoTs rolling and rolling. Shifting forms and casting a dps spell then going back to your form will ultimately be taxing on your mana if your opponents are frequently switching.

I can admit, however, I have been in situations where a DK will tunnel my healer and the druid will try to kite me far away and "solo" me with the swarm. While it succeeds in lowering my HP (a quick intervene + intercept will get me the ONE heal i need b4 applying pressure again) it gave me virtually unlimited rage which was ultimately the death of the druid.

While this is just one situation I wanted to provide you with a + and a - . It is widely popular and I think that the benefits with a high burst team greatly outweigh it's downsides. (Especially b/c burst teams will usually have their matches decided in the first 45 seconds.)

Balls Deep!!

insect swarm is unbelievably mana efficient dps. its like 200 mana, if that, and when glyphed + idol does about 500 dps. basically it costs either GCDs or more mana to cleanse/heal than it does to apply, so either way you win the mana war.

The spec also boosts all healing done by adding more spellpower to make up for lack of wildgrowth, and the barkskin talents to daze the attacker are very nice v melee.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

Awesome. Thanks for the info gents. I'm looking forward to changing to this spec tonight and getting the idol.

It's the best spec and I play with it. There is no mana problems with this spec. In fact your mana will be better than putting the pts in deeper resto. Because the game will be shorter, and you will add more pressure on to their healer which will eat more of his mana. Of course when you can put out good pressure you force other team to play defensive. Think of like vs warriors, when you put out high pressure you force them into a shield = they are doing a lot less dmg.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lilbandit
    insect swarm is unbelievably mana efficient dps. its like 200 mana, if that, and when glyphed + idol does about 500 dps. basically it costs either GCDs or more mana to cleanse/heal than it does to apply, so either way you win the mana war.

The spec also boosts all healing done by adding more spellpower to make up for lack of wildgrowth, and the barkskin talents to daze the attacker are very nice v melee.
    nothing worse (for a rogue/fdruid) to have to hit on imp. Thorn & barskin :/
    Quote for reply