Deleted
    Let's bring this good old thread back to life.

Your reforging and gemming seem to be in order. The only thing that aroused my attention was your lacking hitcap, but then again you're currently lacking a JC gem and a BS socket (I'm assuming due to recently obtained items?) which would sort that out. I personally prefer Windsong over River's Song regardless of better uptime due to Dodge being absolute garbage.

When it comes to your talents, t1 is obviously personal preference, but as a tank I'd prefer Speed of Light over Long Arm of the Law in almost any situation. Glyphs are basically encounter specific, and unless if you had been using something completely useless I don't see any reason in going further into that.

9.5/10

My armory is in the sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post

Your reforging and gemming seem to be in order. The only thing that aroused my attention was your lacking hitcap, but then again you're currently lacking a JC gem and a BS socket (I'm assuming due to recently obtained items?) which would sort that out. I personally prefer Windsong over River's Song regardless of better uptime due to Dodge being absolute garbage.

When it comes to your talents, t1 is obviously personal preference, but as a tank I'd prefer Speed of Light over Long Arm of the Law in almost any situation. Glyphs are basically encounter specific, and unless if you had been using something completely useless I don't see any reason in going further into that.

9.5/10

My armory is in the sig.
    Very well geared, to the point where I feel like you're fishing for compliments :P

That said, I do have some critiques to level at you.

Firstly, that is an absolute shitload of stamina. Now I'm an advocate of stamina stacking, but I prefer to do it with trinkets and leave the rest of my stats pretty static. Honestly, this is really a personal choice thing. However I'm really not seeing any significant haste/mastery increases (armory is saying a haste rating of 2%?!), which honestly just seems strange. Hit/exp capping then stacking stamina is great to a point, but you can't shut out your AM that much. Maybe i'm just over-reading this, gems don't make that much of a huge impact after all.

Secondly, change your weapon enchant to colossus, it is BiS for 10M prot paladins. Gives on average a ~3% total damage reduction on a basic fight. Hard to beat that.

Apart from that arguably minor point, I really don't have any criticisms to level at you, you just happen to have chosen quite a different gearing scheme to me, one of which I admittedly don't know the ins and outs of.

No point critiquing glyphs/talents past alabaster shield, battle healer and sacred shield (all of which you have), as those three are really the only mandatory things and the rest changes according to the encounter.

I hate assigning arbitrary numbers to these kind of things, but here is a 9/10 for consistencies sake.

My armory is: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...othic/advanced
    I'm currently testing a somewhat experimental spam haste build, where I'm trying to reach third additional ticks on sacred shield with SoI+raid buff and potentially +haste food if I can fucking find some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Galm View Post

My armory is in the sig.
    You could probably get the reforging closer to 2550/5100, you are 100 rating over the hit cap. Likewise there is a 170 haste enchant for gloves that you could get instead of the stamina patch.

Getting Klaxxi to exalted would get you an awesome haste/expertise ring. There is also a haste/mastery necklace from Klaxxi Honored reputation.

I'd keep off the tier set until you can get the 4set bonus, I don't really see the point of the 2set AD cooldown reduction.

Can't really fault your talent choices, although I prefer the more constant 45% speed increase from LAotL (I have enough haste to get nearly 60% uptime of the buff).

I'll give you a 9.5/10, I took 0.5 off for being ~150 rating over the caps and using 3 T14 pieces when you could have a non-set piece in there for more haste

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...etzie/advanced

I'm currently testing a somewhat experimental spam haste build, where I'm trying to reach third additional ticks on sacred shield with SoI+raid buff and potentially +haste food if I can fucking find some.
    You currently have 35% spell haste with the raid buff and SoI, the third extra tick (7 total ticks) occurs at 30% spell haste. You are about 4700 haste rating off the next breakpoint (8 total ticks @50% spell haste).

Why the strength/haste gem in the pants?
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-12-08 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You currently have 35% spell haste with the raid buff and SoI, the third extra tick (7 total ticks) occurs at 30% spell haste. You are about 4700 haste rating off the next breakpoint (8 total ticks @50% spell haste).

Why the strength/haste gem in the pants?
    Shit, good catch, that is most likely meant to be exp/haste.

Anyway, I figured as much. I know with SoI and bloodlust rolling, I can now hit nine ticks of SS, but my question would most likely be exactly how much benefit does that actually give me? Honestly, while I do enjoy the slightly lowered CD's, I had to sacrifice a fair bit of other stats to reach ~8k haste (with both haste trinkets on).
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Well, let's say SS absorbs 50k damage per shield tick. Two more ticks are therefore 100k damage every ~30 seconds, or 200k every ~60 seconds which is a bit over 3000 damage per second. Will differ due to AP level and possibly when you use SS though, so probably not quite as simple as that.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-12-08 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You could probably get the reforging closer to 2550/5100, you are 100 rating over the hit cap. Likewise there is a 170 haste enchant for gloves that you could get instead of the stamina patch.

Getting Klaxxi to exalted would get you an awesome haste/expertise ring. There is also a haste/mastery necklace from Klaxxi Honored reputation.

I'd keep off the tier set until you can get the 4set bonus, I don't really see the point of the 2set AD cooldown reduction.

Can't really fault your talent choices, although I prefer the more constant 45% speed increase from LAotL (I have enough haste to get nearly 60% uptime of the buff).

I'll give you a 9.5/10, I took 0.5 off for being ~150 rating over the caps and using 3 T14 pieces when you could have a non-set piece in there for more haste

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...etzie/advanced
    Well, here we go.

Was having a hard time finding anything off about you. I'd say its difficult because alot of pallies have different PoVs as to how much stamina one should run with and how much haste and so on.

If I was to sort your gear as to my own preferences I would be ditching the Haste/Sta gems in favor of more Haste/Hit gems, then reforge more hit away from my gear and get more mastery or haste, depending on what I already have, especially seeing as you're using a Stamina trinket, something I would only be using on specific fights.

Other than that its mainly that you're using alot of dodge/parry offset pieces but that could be due to bad luck with drops, which looking at the rest of your gear seems highly likely.

You seem to know what you're doing so I'm gonna throw you a 9-9.5/10, mainly removing some points for the slightly higher than necessary (in my opinion) stamina stacking.

My Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...esper/advanced

Deleted
    For Zorlox,

Quite good, you are a haste tank (my dream xD but I'm scared to do it!), only things I would change are probably the t75 talent. Imo Divine purpose is more suited for tanking. Holy avenger is like an extra mitigation cd but I find myself proccing with divine purpose nearly all the time and sometimes the back to back proccs give me a 12 second dmg reduction buff from SotR. But that's personal preference I guess, just like how I still prefer to be mastery than haste.

10/10 since only thing I find wrong is a personal preference ability.
    Last edited by mmoc2a7830ed1a; 2012-12-15 at 09:15 AM.

Optimus with a weird O
    Realm=llane
    Guild=longshot

Im new to prot, like two days new so be gentle.

10+ Year Old Account
    would help if you defined "weird o" to a line through it or some kind of accent.

Edit: Found it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...timus/advanced

I'm not going to critique as I'm only lvl 89 still and whilst I could do it fine, first hand experience trumps mine any day. All I'd suggest is read the guide as there's some dubious things I see jump straight out but if that's your left over ret gear and you just haven't changed it, it's hard to tell as it's a mix. I'm guessing that's the case.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2012-12-16 at 02:02 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    would help if you defined "weird o" to a line through it or some kind of accent.

Edit: Found it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...timus/advanced

I'm not going to critique as I'm only lvl 89 still and whilst I could do it fine, first hand experience trumps mine any day. All I'd suggest is read the guide as there's some dubious things I see jump straight out but if that's your left over ret gear and you just haven't changed it, it's hard to tell as it's a mix. I'm guessing that's the case.
    Well it is a mix sort of because elitist jerks says any plate gear with strength can be tank gear as long as it doesnt have crit

As for Øptimus:

I would say 7/10.

-You are on the right track, but you need to get hit to 7.5 and expertise to 15. You also need the ironscale leg armor.
    -I can see a couple items with crit. Crit is not good at all for us, try to avoid those items if possible.
    -Austere Primal Diamond is a much better choice than that meta gem. Stamina > Strength, and Armor >>> Crit. I am suspecting that this is a leftover item from a retribution set, however.
    -Strength is helpful for threat, plus parry, but personally I am quite sure that it is a better option to go for stats such as Stamina, Mastery, Haste, Hit and Expertise. I am saying this because I also see a few strength gems, where more survivability-based gems can be used.
    -It looks like you are in need of a weapon and ring upgrade. There is a 489 ring from the quest you get at Klaxxi exalted (although it seems like you have not been levelling your reps. You should get them to honored, at least), and a good weapon to get is the sword from the first boss of Stormstout Brewery.
    -It seems like you have gone with the Retribution tier 14. A problem is this is the set bonuses: the 2-set is useless, obviously, and the 4-set is slightly helpful. However, 2/5 of the Retribution tier items have crit on them, and you really shouldn't be taking such items. As for the prot set, there is a lot of avoidance, but at least the shoulders do not have dodge or parry, and the set bonuses are a plus. Once again, it is probably leftovers from a retribution set.

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elfpaly/simple

A pitiful amount of haste, I know. I have been hesitant about going for a full control build, so I sort of have this odd balance of dodge/parry/haste/mastery while maintaining the expertise and hit caps. I am now going for a full control build and I have a lot of 496 items on my atlasloot wishlist to achieve this, but none have dropped yet
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Edit:
    Couldn't find what i said, to be true, so removed for now :P
    Last edited by Terridon; 2012-12-16 at 02:14 PM.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hugsofdeath View Post
    Well it is a mix sort of because elitist jerks says any plate gear with strength can be tank gear as long as it doesnt have crit
    It does and it's correct, which is why yours raised eyebrows I'm guessing you've not read the guide on this forum but that's (hopefully, as I intended to do this when I wrote it) put in a more accessible way, and a bit easier to understand than an EJ page which can sometimes be a bit daunting. Was more looking at the hit/exp and the strength gems ^^
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by hugsofdeath View Post
    That doesn't stop you needing to be consistent with your gearing. A random mix of stats doesn't really help you much at all.

I'm confused as to who I should be rating due to the comment chain above, someone drop me a reply and I will edit this with the appropriate feedback.

In the meantime feel free to check out my gearz and let me know if you think I'm on track.

Quick notes before review:

-I know wep enchant is wrong, gonna switch to colossus next time I log in
    -Bracer enchant is also incorrect because I share that piece with my Ret set and I figure it's probably good enough for both (I don't do HMs)
    -Double stam trinkets are on because I am lazy, I have other trinkets to swap in/out as needed
    -I am a sensitive flower so be gentle; it's my first time

Also, Merinpally, do you realise you can get a 450 weapon from the Arena of Annihilation scenario? Your green wep hurtz my eyez.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2012-12-17 at 02:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I'm confused as to who I should be rating due to the comment chain above, someone drop me a reply and I will edit this with the appropriate feedback.

In the meantime feel free to check out my gearz and let me know if you think I'm on track.

Quick notes before review:

-I know wep enchant is wrong, gonna switch to colossus next time I log in
    -Bracer enchant is also incorrect because I share that piece with my Ret set and I figure it's probably good enough for both (I don't do HMs)
    -Double stam trinkets are on because I am lazy, I have other trinkets to swap in/out as needed
    -I am a sensitive flower so be gentle; it's my first time

Also, Merinpally, do you realise you can get a 450 weapon from the Arena of Annihilation scenario? Your green wep hurtz my eyez.
    Took a quick peek at it, and apart from the things you said the only things that seems like is wrong is that you're slightly below the expertise cap. If you're going for the caps, you're going for them for the consistency, and having a chance to miss is against that. Try to get both 7.5% hit and 15% expertise.

One thing I'm not sure about either is if you're actually an apple pie. Anyway, I'd say 9/10. No big mistakes made at all.

My armory is in the sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    Took a quick peek at it, and apart from the things you said the only things that seems like is wrong is that you're slightly below the expertise cap. If you're going for the caps, you're going for them for the consistency, and having a chance to miss is against that. Try to get both 7.5% hit and 15% expertise.

One thing I'm not sure about either is if you're actually an apple pie. Anyway, I'd say 9/10. No big mistakes made at all.

My armory is in the sig.
    10/10.
    Not one fault.
    Armoury is in signature. (I would switch to Colossus but my internet has just died.

Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    That is deliberate, something I should have noted but didn't really want to get drawn into a discussion about.

TL;DR since I'm only in normals, I prefer being .16% under cap than over it by at least double that margin, as that way I'm gaining a small amount of useful stats for every ability in the fight instead of catering to fractional chance that I could potentially miss a hit during the fight (which statistically has such a low probability of even being an ability that I would notice, like a HoPo generator, that's it worth the risk). It's an opinion thing but yeah I'm a risky kind of guy.

Also I am most definitely an apple pie.

Thanks for your input ^.^
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2012-12-17 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    10/10.
    Not one fault.
    Armoury is in signature. (I would switch to Colossus but my internet has just died.
    Well, having plugged you into MrRobot with my personal settings, there are a few things you can fine tune. This should give you perfect 7.5 hit 15 exp, as well as bumping up your haste by about 1% and your mastery by a little bit. Youll lose about 2k hp though.

I'd copy out the list of changes but there is alot of them.
    Go here: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...g_nether/felir
    Click 'Edit Weights'
    Change the 4 next to stamina to a 1.

Then just follow the advice it gives you. Apart from those really rather minor changes, everything seems quite well done. 8/10

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...othic/advanced

Sorry, actually logged out in tanking gear this time :V
    Last edited by Xothic; 2012-12-18 at 10:16 AM.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Well, having plugged you into MrRobot with my personal settings, there are a few things you can fine tune. This should give you perfect 7.5 hit 15 exp, as well as bumping up your haste by about 1% and your mastery by a little bit. Youll lose about 2k hp though.

I'd copy out the list of changes but there is alot of them.
    Go here: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...g_nether/felir
    Click 'Edit Weights'
    Change the 4 next to stamina to a 1.

Then just follow the advice it gives you. Apart from those really rather minor changes, everything seems quite well done. 8/10

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...othic/advanced
    Logging out in tanking gear would be nice. Once you have, I'll just edit this post.