Page 1 of 2
LastLast

does blizzard punish afk botters?

I was in a bg craving lately. So the past couple weeks I played alot of bgs. I noticed that 99% of the bg i joined, there were afk botters. The outcome of the bg is so dependent on the amount of afk botters in a particular team. These bots are ruining the bgs, why can't blizzard do something. Blizzard's reporting system doesn't work at all. The botters will always get honor, sometimes alot, sometimes a little bit. The botters doesn't care how much honor they get. It's like.. "ahh crap, i gotta leave my afk on for 8hrs instead of 6hrs "

This afk botting is very profitable too. you turn on bot, go to sleep, next day go to work, come home. bam, you got 75k honor, time to buy 7 epic gems for my hard day of botting. that's about 1500g for turning on a bot.

I was doing alot of wsg for rep for conqueror title. One game, I went in, i see 2 arenamaster, 2 gladiators join my team. I was like whoa, we surely will win. but to my horor, all 4 were afk botters.

Also, I also found out there even a guild of afk botters from Warsong server, "Very Nice People" guild. I've seen 10+ different afk botters from this guild. a few of them had gladiator/arenamaster titles too. I see the same bots for weeks!!!! wtf

Re: does blizzard punish afk botters?

I dont actually believe they do, i have heard a few stories of people getting a 24 hour ban, but nothing special. you can get worse for saying "shit" in trade chat.

I really wish the problem would be solved, and not to bash on anyone, but it does seem to be a lot of Gladiators doing it, dunno if they just hate BGs and only want to arena, if they think its a waste of time or what, but with how casual blizz keeps making the game, i wouldnt be suprised if soon they allowed botters so the non hardcores can still get honor and gems.

Side story: Was farming AB last night around 2 am or so, 11 botters alliance side with me, basically a hardcore 4 on 15, and i mean full blown had the Inactive debuff and everything, it wuoldnt be hard for blizz to counter this, can very easily see who is and who isnt botting.

Any way my two sence, peace, love, and happy hunting

AFK botting in anything other than AV is like wtf??

I know quite a few people who used to bot, mostly during BC, and they never got in trouble for it. Even Warden never picked up the app. It didn't just have them sit in the cave and jump, the app actually set paths and the player would run from one end of AV to the opponents base and if they got in combat it could stop and fight. That probably helped them from being reported in the first place.

the people that made those programs have ben sued by blizz. blizz won and they had to stop making them.

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill
    the people that made those programs have ben sued by blizz. blizz won and they had to stop making them.
    This isn't glider or anything like that, it was just source code released by someone on a forum that you had to compile yourself. It's still around as far as I know if you know where to look.

And people wonder why I am sick of level 80 pvp. Arena is all about playing FOTM and BGs are all about afking for honor.

The only place you can go for REAL (as in, not FOTM or AFKing) pvp anymore is low level BGs. People who actually want to win and compete for the rewards BGs have to offer.

One can only hope that Rated BGs changes things, and Blizzard doesn't turn those into FOTM bullshit too.

Wrong..... and i MIIIIIIGGGHHHHTTTTT... Be wrong here too... but i beleive it was blizz won the case and in turn glider had to stop selling the product, which in turn makes it pointless to make it, if u can't sell it... but supposedly if u get caught with it now, gliding, insta perma delete ban

could be off al ittle thought but i think that is what was the final outcome... i hate afk botters..... can't stand it ...

Deleted

No, they reward them with 1k gold vor being able to avoid a bann since WoW came out. : :

Blizzard are a US company and by US law must create profit for shareholders. When profit is the goal of business, a few people must hold influence over a larger number of people (generally) and so it wouldn't be profitable to employ enough people to regulate bgs properly.

In short, Blizzard do not see you as an equal, AFKs pay money too, so they don't like to hand out bans even to the detriment of the game experience. The only way that they will take action is if enough people cancel their subscriptions and give the reason as "too many afks in bgs".
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

You really must suck on WoW if you need a bot to go /afk. xD
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Im in an av right now where 23 people have not left the cave... they are all in active debuffed... but still in the cave.... why would i want to sign up for more bg's if this is all ur gunna get....

The future is 35 alliance afk, 35 horde afk, and the players that are active are holding a mini 5v5 on FoS ))

Glider wasn't the only botting program. It only happened to be the best and most commonly used and now that Glider is dead there are plenty of other bots around that work as well as Glider did or maybe even better because they ain't so popular among botters.

But anyways, Blizzard actually does punish AFK botters by removing their items purchased with honor but only after certain amount of reports.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood

Deleted

Botted for 10-12h, got 24h suspension and around 800 gold from selling epic gems on AH. Good deal if you ask me.

sadly he is probably telling the truth, if u get the right programs that aren't detected, and some of them right now are really ahrd to tell the difference btween a botter and some noob reject not really knowing what he is doing, you can bot and make 75k honor in 1 day while ur at school or at work or whatever come home and buy whatever shit it is that you neeed and your set. I know a friend that only plays arena's gets his rating requirements but finds playing Bg's to be "below him" therefore he just bots through av's at night or when he leaves the house so that when he comes back, he has 50k honor and all the requirements needed and goes and buys his shit.

If u really have an account that is signed on for 3 days straight playing AV's and nothing else. i think its time to be like .... hmm......

Quote Originally Posted by G_PoWeR
    You really must suck on WoW if you need a bot to go /afk. xD
    hehe, that's what I tought

One can only hope that Rated BGs changes things, and Blizzard doesn't turn those into FOTM bullshit too.
    I really don't think it's gonna work. Can you imagine AB? 5 Death Knights / Warriors / Retadins and 10 healers? A queue of Death Knights to tug an EFC back to their base in WSG? I'm oversimplifying, yeah, but BGs kind've rely on people not cooperating. I'm not seeing how WSG isn't just going to be both teams zerging the flag and having a massive brawl in midfield repeatedly - anything else would just be time inefficient.

Figured this could sum up AV nicely enough

well over 25% of our team AFK, now the miracle is we still won, i can only imagine how bad the horde must have looked with over 10 AFK and us winning so easily =\

No, they don't punish most of them. We usually have about 13 people afk during prime time. Some of them are smart enough to sit at their computer watching a tv or something, and when a GM asks them if they are there, they will respond to the GM. I reported someone for afking for 30 levels in the bg and one time I actually talked to the guy. He said that he just sat there watching a movie and that the GM did talk to him and said "Are you there?", and the guy said that he was, so they dismissed my ticket.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Blizz is not going to punish botters because no matter how you look at it... they are a paying customer and they arent really hurting anyone else (nor is the problem particularly widespread) so they are just going to let people keep doing what their doing. They throw a 24h ban out there as an inconvenience for not playing by the rules but they are never going to actually close an account over it, that would just be dumb on their part.

All this talk about consequence-free botting makes me want to go get me an AV bot!
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend