Brand New 80 Mage wondering about FFB Rotation!

Hey all! I just hit 80 on my 3rd alt, a Mage. I lvled to 80 with Fire spec and pretty much just put points anywhere.

Now ive respec to this:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...1AjkU,SY8,9551

Wondering if this is okay...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was also wondering what's a good rotation to use. I was using this so far:

Living Bomb
    Scorchx5
    Frostfire Bolt
    Look for Hot streaks all the time and keep scorch at 5 ticks

It this any good?

Thanks ahead for the help!

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Brand New 80 Mage

I recommend http://elitistjerks.com it has a mage forum in which you can find everything (talents, rotations, equipment etc.)

Re: Brand New 80 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Upsimus
    I recommend http://elitistjerks.com it has a mage forum in which you can find everything (talents, rotations, equipment etc.)
    I use EJ too but you'll have to admit that the place isn't really newb friendly in terms of gathering information :P

And to the OP. There really isn't much of a rotation. What you've got is right. Keep LB and scorch up use pyro on hotstreak. Just remember to put LB in top of your priority list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Re: Brand New 80 Mage wondering about FFB Rotation!

FFB is horribad without the crit to support it, which new mages lack in vast amounts. Start frost until you get better gear. Frost does good dps in heroic and short boss fights. As soon as your out of Cooldowns though, expect to fall fast on the meters. Water ele/icy veins then cold snapping and repeating will carry your dps through heroics.

FFB is just horrible without some crit behind it.
    Current main: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&cn=Thetormented

I raid with Arcane and questing/heroics with FFB.

If you want to stay FFB, get Glyph of Living Bomb instead of Scorch and maybe drop points from Frost Channeling into Combustion (will be buffed with 3.2.2) and maybe Blastwave/Dragons Breath (really nice for trash with 1 or 2 pt in Firestarter).

Quote Originally Posted by Sokar
    I raid with Arcane and questing/heroics with FFB.

If you want to stay FFB, get Glyph of Living Bomb instead of Scorch and maybe drop points from Frost Channeling into Combustion (will be buffed with 3.2.2) and maybe Blastwave/Dragons Breath (really nice for trash with 1 or 2 pt in Firestarter).
    my offspec is arcane, got the cookie-cutter spec but i kinda dont really know the rotation down yet.......any advice there?

Quote Originally Posted by -JaNuS-
    my offspec is arcane, got the cookie-cutter spec but i kinda dont really know the rotation down yet.......any advice there?
    Arcane is the best raiding spec for lower levels of gear because it yields so much hit. I would go arcane until you get a bout 22% crit unbuffed, and 11%hit without elemental precision.

The rotation is easy as hell. Do Arcane blast 3x and then dump your 3x stacks on either a missile barrage or an arcane barrage.

However, with arcane if you want to do more dps you simply wait for some good trinket procs (or bloodlust, or damage buffs) and spam arcane blast. You can have a lot of fun with that rotation alone if you play recklessly and dangerously (you aren't going to compete otherwise).

Quote Originally Posted by Mangostuff
    Arcane is the best raiding spec for lower levels of gear because it yields so much hit. I would go arcane until you get a bout 22% crit unbuffed, and 11%hit without elemental precision.

The rotation is easy as hell. Do Arcane blast 3x and then dump your 3x stacks on either a missile barrage or an arcane barrage.

However, with arcane if you want to do more dps you simply wait for some good trinket procs (or bloodlust, or damage buffs) and spam arcane blast. You can have a lot of fun with that rotation alone if you play recklessly and dangerously (you aren't going to compete otherwise).
    Thx for the tips, imma go ahead and try that since im not near 22% crit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by -JaNuS-
    Thx for the tips, imma go ahead and try that since im not near 22% crit at all.
    Don't quote me on the 22% crit unbuffed thing... but if you can get about that much and have enough spirit to boot you can get about 30% crit with molten armor up. Combine that with all the talent/raid buffs you will get and you can probably compete pretty well with a FFB or a FB/Ttw rotation.

On the arcane side, some things you will notice is that your dps is very high while your damage is relatively even with everyone else. Fireball/frostfire bolt are much more reliable in terms of sustained dps and damage overall, but arcane will for sure win in the DPS only race. Why exactly arcane wins on DPS but looses on damage overall is a little bit more complex, but damage overall is the important thing when it comes to damage dealing.

The key to frostfire or fireball spec is crit. The more crit the better. But arcane can, and does keep up well with these other specs, and it is tremendously forgiving when it comes to hit.

Well i wouldn't say FFB/TTW is more reliable seeing as its all based on RNG, i know what you mean tho......its all about personal preference tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Upsimus
    If everyone was like you and simply replied with "goto EJ", we wouldn't need this forum now would we?