Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Belf, Troll, or Undead... oh my?

Quote Originally Posted by Overfreeze
    Icy Vain, Haste trinket, Berserker. then maybe add a Blood Lust (spell stealable) and hyper speed ex. on gloves = gg.
    too bad half of that shit doesn't stack.....
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    Finally, some above average criticism.

People over exaggerate racial traits. If you go the the main page of this website, scroll down and look at the 'World First tribute to Mad Skill (25) by Paragon' post you will see that of the 3 mages in the guild <Paragon> the one who performed the best that raid was Sniffu, a blood elf. Moreover, the blood elf beat out two troll mages in dps.

Yeah, having racial abilities are nice, but again, not game breaking.

Swizzle, where did you get that cool sig?

Quote Originally Posted by Mangostuff
    Swizzle, where did you get that cool sig?
    Yes pretty cool for a french guy. ( Not pretty guy for a white guy )

( kidding)

Love, they swap racials around all the time and there's another overhaul just around the corner in Cataclysm. At the end of the day, there's probably a million better things you could do to improve your DPS than just having Berserking.

This is probably bland and unexciting advice, but honestly, just pick the race you like looking at. You'll be happier in the end, unless you decide to pay for a race (or faction) change every single time they do a racial ability rebalancing.

P.S.
    Blood elf guys look really weird while casting.

undeads ftw, if u go Belf u will regret forever like i did...
    Menina Jeitosa - A mais Jeitosa só pode estar aqui!

id say UD but srsly every1s UD
    Trolls are R-E-S-P-E-C-T and not many are them
    Belfs make a female in that case since so many think males theyre gay for some reason
    alto i have no problem with males (im not gay)

go undead, their casting animations are BOSS

Quote Originally Posted by Mightlol
    Yes pretty cool for a french guy. ( Not pretty guy for a white guy )

( kidding)
    Lol, awesome.

15+ Year Old Account

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=72200.0

the thread has 349 pages....how do people still not know about it?

P.S. male blood elves have the worst casting animations on the horde side. i mean seriously, stand up-right, straight as a fuckin' stick, flail your arms in the air like you're scratching yao ming's nuts, then throw out your arm much the same way a girl does when she throws a high five. how ANYONE can say male BE have better caster animations than either male/female undead or male trolls is beyond me.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by corpious
    go undead, their casting animations are BOSS
    1st Account (Closed for ToS violations - don't swear, those temp bans add up)
    M Ud Rogue
    F Ud Mage
    F Ud War
    F Orc Sham

2nd Account (Go Go RAF leveling!)
    F Ud Priest
    F Ud Mage
    F Ud Rogue
    F Belf Pally
    F Tauren War
    F Orc Sham

I just think the female casting/movement animations look much better (other than the fact that the F Ud Flip gets annoying after a while. I picked the F Orc and the F Tauren because they're ugly as sin.)
    Bill Gates could laugh in our faces and say "lol you're not Billionaires you suck at life lol" but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't, even if he is a dick to work for.
    -Bodi

Though the troll racial will not stack with all the haste multipliers, it does allow you to enjoy some + damage trinkets or cooldowns a little more, nothing super amazing.

Belf regains a little mana, which helps arcane die a little less slowly (mana pool wise) i suppose.

Undead are cool, they have no real supporting damage racials (unless a boss fears people, ala Nightbane in Karazhan)

Anyone who argues slightly more or less mana pool doesn't matter, since spells are based on a % of base. So taurens, who could start off with 100mana priests are exactly efficient, at the start, as 200+ mana Belf priests. If anything, the lower base mana might make them slightly more efficient at higher levels, but that's 100% speculation on my part, and I don't feel like napkin mathing.

Personally I say troll, since I'm a troll fan myself, but UD is my runner up choice. I say this because my mage is a belf...

15+ Year Old Account

Undead are just ghetto imo

Trolls fail soooo hard D:, Belf ain't too bad i don't think

15+ Year Old Account

Trolls for coolness factor...
    started as my first charat (troll mage if you didnt get alrdy) back in vanilla days and never bored prbly 3rd best casting animation in horde side (UD>Orc>Troll>others)...

feel da way of blinkin and flipping mon
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

Icy Vain, Haste trinket, Berserker. then maybe add a Blood Lust (spell stealable) and hyper speed ex. on gloves = gg.

they do stack, you dont know much about haste, or what stacks and doesnt because you prob never played w/ haste or care to. you write just to see something on the screen. please get your info straight b4 you post something again. thank you

lol, for any normal person pick based on looks. Theres nothing wrong with any of the looks, i personally play female belf and they are awesome for me. but looking into racials to break it down simply.

Troll, the berzerking buff is very helpful a 10% speed increase as in any raid group ur healers will be keeping you max health that will now turn ur 'unaltered' 2.5second fireball in 2.25 second fireball so in 10 seconds you will get an extra 1 second spare to start an additional fireball, IMO its nice although quite negligable but when stacked with Icy veins and BL will work lovely especially if u through a potion of speed in there. BUT it will not increase ur dps that.. much to be fair. Trolls are very decent for pvp as berzerking works wonders, health regen can be helpful haha and obviously the reduced impairing affects is a babe.

Belf i think the belf racials are underated banging urself an extra load of mana when stacked with a mana gem in a fight is amazing get to 0 mana use both of them and ur back up to 6-8k mana which is great for use in pve boss encounters that have any length to them, udont want to resort to having to evocate/wand as that will kill ur dps lol. PVP they are pretty helpful and anyone who says an AOE 2second silence isnt bloody brilliant is i duno not with it. also many a time in pvp ull have to 1v1 and as a mage, they can last a long time especially against another mage.. its a mana fight and spellsteal war, with arcane torrent the extra mana and silence gives you a nice advantage imo. we also have 2% spell hit reduction, helpful in a big bad way for pvp if ur against ppl with the 5% pvp hit cap that reduces it to 3% meaning hey they can often miss a spell on u. might be unoticable but if were really looking at the racials it is a perk.

Undead in pve terms have very little will of forsaken can be helpful in encounters such as Auriaya to get out of fear effects and interrupt so in certain cases you may get a slight increased time to dps but really there isnt much that will combat the pve racials of the other 2 classes. although as everyone knows cannabilize and will of forsaken are reallyyyy helpful in pvp.

taking that into account the basics really im sure u can make a reasonable decision. oh haha if it makes any difference to you, remember racial mounts raptor, hawkstrider, warhorse <- i mean obv you can get all from honor/rep but it is something lol. hope ive helped.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Overfreeze
    they do stack, you dont know much about haste, or what stacks and doesnt because you prob never played w/ haste or care to. you write just to see something on the screen. please get your info straight b4 you post something again. thank you

i'm sorry but....how have i never "played with haste"? certain haste buffs do not provide additional benefit if used in conjunction with others, i.e. anything that provides an equitable buff value. hell, it's the same with all buffs. mana spring not stacking with blessing of wisdom, icy talons not stacking with....imp. windfury was it, CoE not stacking with earth & moon and ebon plague.
    BfA Beta Time

i'm sorry but....how have i never "played with haste"? certain haste buffs do not provide additional benefit if used in conjunction with others, i.e. anything that provides an equitable buff value. hell, it's the same with all buffs. mana spring not stacking with blessing of wisdom, icy talons not stacking with....imp. windfury was it, CoE not stacking with earth & moon and ebon plague.
    if you look at the 1st three things i said. Icy Vain, Haste trinket, Berserker. then maybe add a Blood Lust (spell stealable) and hyper speed ex. on gloves = gg. you can see i said IV, haste trinket, and zerker. after i said that i put a (.) and i said "then" meaning after that stuff is gone. haste trinket and gloves dont stack, and i dont need to tell you what else doesnt stacks but the 1st three, icy veins haste trinket and berserer all do stack fairly nicly.

15+ Year Old Account

all you had to do was to remove the word "add" and you would have been golden.
    BfA Beta Time