Deadly Glad. parts for pre-HC/HC tanking?

Ahoy there!

I've searched through the Druid part and checked in the Bear-thread but didn't quite find the information I'm looking for. Either I missed it completely or I'm just thick as a plank.

But the thing I wonder is if the Deadly Gladiator-parts & Furious boots/belts buyable for Honor are a viable option for tanking normal instances & heroics? I'm currently lvl.78 and have gathered 75.000 honor so I'm looking to start spending so I don't waste some of it due to being capped.

I'm not looking to purely tank in Deadly-gear due to the lack of hit & exp but as a stepping-stone before I get some better alternatives.

Edit: I'm planning on perhaps getting the Polar parts too and gem with Agi-gems, seem nice.

Any input on the matter is greatly appreciated.

Have a lovely day!

Re: Deadly Glad. parts for pre-HC/HC tanking?

Polar boots have pretty much nothing but stam on them so they will not help in the slightest bit with threat and avoidance. The Deadly gear is mostly just crit, haste, and AP + a good amount of agil and stam. The PvP gear can be used but you'll still miss out on expertise and hit and so you'll miss, get dodged, or be parried on almost 20% of your attacks. Good luck holding threat.

A belt or a pair of gloves for tanking are fine, and even the weapons are used for progression fights. Just don't go for a full set.

15+ Year Old Account

Yes, it can be used. But it's sub-par gear if you compare it with an equal i-level PvE item, for the simple reason that arena gar invests into Resilience, which is a waste of item point when it comes to PvE (since you're crit immune, and the damage reduction effect doesn't work).

Unless you have TONS of honor to spend on it, I advise against PvP gear. If you need to invest emblems, buy some of the PvE leather items, they're better.
    Of course, if you DO have shitloads of honor, and you don't want to save it for epic gems, you can just buy Deadly and such. It's still usable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Thanks alot for the quick and very informative replies, I really appreciate them.
    Yeah what you both write makes very much sense, I think I'll stick to buying the Deadly gloves and at most one more part for my crappiest itemslots and then go for the PvE-items like you advise.

I can't get the weapon since I don't do arenas so I guess I'll get some other lovely walking-stick.

Thank you once again, really appreciated!

Been using my furious boots for freaking ages, along with the 34 agi JC only gem, it rocks.
    So SOME pvpitems are worth for tanking.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

The furious and relentless belts are actually quite good for tanking. High agi/stam and 2 gem sockets. Hard to find much better belts until you reach the crafted ulduar belt or the one from 25m TotC.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Snaser
    Thanks alot for the quick and very informative replies, I really appreciate them.
    Yeah what you both write makes very much sense, I think I'll stick to buying the Deadly gloves and at most one more part for my crappiest itemslots and then go for the PvE-items like you advise.

I can't get the weapon since I don't do arenas so I guess I'll get some other lovely walking-stick.

Thank you once again, really appreciated!
    Heroic VH for your weapon as a start. Even better, the polearm form heroic TotC. These are the quickest to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.