Resto shaman, Ret paladin 2v2 combo

Restoration shaman and Retribution paladin, we are going to make a 2s team, will it be able to compete?

Also another question.
    Restoration shaman
    MS warrior, or retribution paladin
    and disc priest for mana burning

will it compete, any suggestions

Re: Resto shaman, Ret paladin 2v2 combo

I do not believe a Resto Shaman/Ret Paladin would work too well. As Ret, you do not have a lot of 'CC'-like abilities to really peel shit off your healer nor apply enough pressure haults [Snares] to help the shaman out.

Disc/Ret has always been a good 2s, but takes a fair bit of coordination to really make it -work-. Frost Mage/Ret is still damn dangerous and not quite as hard to 'gib', so try that.
    "A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him."

add a hunter and go kick ass in 3v3.. 2v2 is useless

i do resto/ret. go to 900 rating w/o eithr of us w/o any pvp gear and in heroic gear. as a shaman you will def be carrying alot of weight of control such as putting down gounding, tremor, earthbinding, maybe fire ele if healing isn't heavy. Knowing when to wind shear, purge, be aware of your procs, using hex (if u ever played a mage prior to a shaman it helps knowing to how CC as a shaman caster, and also being able to keep both of you up. if u can do all that then your partner will be able to sacriifice to have tunnel vision, specially as a ret paladin thats usually how they kil the best, dont kill them within the first 5second, maybe they'll do it within the next 10 or 15. also using vent is ovious a need for BoF on you or them but being in wolf form is good against things like hamstring if you get MS'ed or concussive shot+aim shot, stuff like that. oh yeah, when fighting a feral/rogue make sure to keep cleansing down, helps out a ton.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

To be brutally honest, i have been playing Ret / Resto for a long time and recently stopped.

If I were you i wouldn't even bother.

I wouldn't recommend 2s with a resto shaman either, and disc/ret doesn't take much coordination at all.

As for your double healer idea for 3s, it simply won't be viable to not have MS, so there's absolutely no reason to bring a ret over the arms war. Double healer's gay though =P

I currently play Resto/Ret in arena and i am finding it ez. Yes the brunt of the weight falls on the shoulders of the shaman, but that alone is not the only case. The ret paladin needs to support the shaman much in the same way. But being in terribad gear i reached 1800 rating fairly easily. if you want tips feel free to ask and i can set you guys up on starters.

Quote Originally Posted by IplayHorde
    i do resto/ret. go to 900 rating w/o eithr of us w/o any pvp gear and in heroic gear. as a shaman you will def be carrying alot of weight of control such as putting down gounding, tremor, earthbinding, maybe fire ele if healing isn't heavy. Knowing when to wind shear, purge, be aware of your procs, using hex (if u ever played a mage prior to a shaman it helps knowing to how CC as a shaman caster, and also being able to keep both of you up. if u can do all that then your partner will be able to sacriifice to have tunnel vision, specially as a ret paladin thats usually how they kil the best, dont kill them within the first 5second, maybe they'll do it within the next 10 or 15. also using vent is ovious a need for BoF on you or them but being in wolf form is good against things like hamstring if you get MS'ed or concussive shot+aim shot, stuff like that. oh yeah, when fighting a feral/rogue make sure to keep cleansing down, helps out a ton.
    fire ele? as in fire elemental totem? cause u cant use that in arena..

Also i dont think ret pally shaman would work. I myself play a resto shaman in 2's with a DK and we do real well... resto shaman DK is actually one of the top teams right now. My dk has a lot of burst and CC and can peel REALLY well regardless of what class so im able to get away and drink most of the time.. IMHO i just think like other people have said that a ret pally wouldnt be a good match for a shaman, not enough cc, pressure and no peeling abilities.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Go Ele/Ret for 2's.

Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

its really not that hard good players can make the combo work. if you have good synergy with the player on the other computer go for it. i learned long ago that you really do better long term is you two get allong and just have fun instead of getting pissed every time you lose. if you dont believe me that it works check these two out

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=128129

Quote Originally Posted by Zenaur
    its really not that hard good players can make the combo work. if you have good synergy with the player on the other computer go for it. i learned long ago that you really do better long term is you two get allong and just have fun instead of getting pissed every time you lose. if you dont believe me that it works check these two out

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=128129
    Pay alot of attention to how Teh_Seus plays and his macros. They are almost mandatory for any type of rating.

Restoration Shaman/Retribution Paladin should be able to get you your weapon easily enough.
    The Paladin provides damage and help for the shaman (BoP etc), and the shaman can give the paladin what he lacks, an interrupt (wind shear), slow (frost shock), and of course totems always help. Needs competent players though.

10+ Year Old Account

I played this combo last season and had 2.2-2.3k rating.
    The fights at those rating really depend on the Hex + Repentance combo. If you know how to play as a Shaman, and as a Retadin, then you're fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by comasutra View Post
    yes, Blizzard hates Jesus Christ
    Quote Originally Posted by suspendedstasis View Post
    You need to leave the house to actually meet people, sorry.

Deleted

You can get it work but your shaman really needs to know what he is doing and he must be very offensive at times.

Basicly with Repentance+Hex+HoJ+Wings you get your kills while having Heroism up, it's so much about timing. And you need to help your shaman a lot too.

Some sort of communication (Vent?) is pretty much mandatory unless you have played with that shaman a lot earlier and know how he likes to play his/her class.

And yes, Tehseus is a good example of this.