Thread: Worst corpsrun

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Worst corpsrun

What is your worst or longest corpsrun?

for me it is when i was still a nub who duelled my friend (priest) felwood...
    and of course mc me down from bloodvenom falls

sorry for bad english i am tired and it isnt my native language

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Worst corpsrun

I once jumped off Winterspring to Azshara, landed on a ledge in between.. and went to a GY in Azshara. I ran all the way back to my corpse, through Ashenvale, Felwood, and Winterspring. 50minutes. But man, I got some sweet screenshots of that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis
    I once jumped off Winterspring to Azshara, landed on a ledge in between.. and went to a GY in Azshara. I ran all the way back to my corpse, through Ashenvale, Felwood, and Winterspring. 50minutes. But man, I got some sweet screenshots of that area.
    Once particularly bad runback was always Razorfen Downs. You respawn at Camp Taurajo, run alllll the way down to the Razorfen instances, then go through that maze into the actual RFD, then have to find your way back to however far you were into the place. Not to mention the place was huge.

One time, I wanted to see how far out into the ocean I could go after I died....

I was on my druid in trisfal glades, fell through the map and died. They respawned me in Desolas with no spirit healers around so I ran... when I got to crossroads I logged out only to appear in Hinterlands.. Luckly there I was able to spirit rez...

15+ Year Old Account

Pre-BC, when Silithus was the place to be. We were fighting the elite priestess of C'thun in Hive'Regal and one of the DPS got MC'd and ganked the hell out of me. When I released, I was in Westfall. My options were to run (Westfall -> Elwynn -> SW tram to IF -> Dun Morogh -> Loch Modan -> Wetlands -> boat to Dustwallow -> Barrens -> 1kN -> Tanaris -> Un'goro -> Silithus), see if someone in Silithus would rez me, or to just spirit rez and wait the 10 minutes before we could try again. We took option 3. >.>
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

out in the south sea i managed to die because my toon was too low to handle multiple pirates that inhabit the island...

i never could reach as a ghost... at least not with only +25% speed boost.

my least favorite was in the dwarf starting zone. there was only one gy in the area in kharanos, the spot was in the far easern area. if you died in the house with bout 3 mobs then all three mobs and the four or so just uotsdie it would have respawned by the time you got back even if you left lott in the corpses of the fallen. now it's not as bad but back in the day it was sad that i could get worse corpse runs at 10~13 in comparision to what i was getting at 64
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

it was in blade's edge mountain zone in outland

i remember dieng there and i toook one hell of run , but i heard they fixed that place a long time ago

also on my alt 2 days ago, i died on the alter maze thingy in hinterlands (south , west of horde village)

Early TBC, if you died in a cave in northwestern BEM, you end up very close. But the problem is you can't run directly, and had to run around the entire damn zone to get to your corpse. Fun.
    I once had to run from Loch Modan to Westfall after falling in a pit in DM. That was also fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis
    wow, and i thought mine sucked, what i really hate is as horde to die in storm wind/elwynn and out of 3 GYs you get the 1 the most far!!!

When I was a young and innocent (read=incredibly stupid) hunter, I hadn't noticed the train from IF to SW. I was sure you had to go through Badlands. Being lvl 19 in Badlands will get you killed, and when I was dead I tried for almost an hour to find a way over the southern mountains. I finally just ressed at the GY and made my way back to Loch Modan (which was 30 deaths away). Oh, and I didn't find the train till 20 lvls later. Yeah, I spend 39 lvls thinking you had to go through Badlands to get to SW.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aswed
    wow, and i thought mine sucked, what i really hate is as horde to die in storm wind/elwynn and out of 3 GYs you get the 1 the most far!!!
    Seriously! But if you die say, in IF, you rez at Kharanos which is right outside.
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Well this was one of my friends, but I planned it out ;D

We were both making level 1 blood elves and running from Silvermoon to Booty Bay, whoever got there first won 150g from the other person.

I told one of my other friends to tell the friend I was racing against that it would be an effective idea to die in Eastern Plaguelands and then run as a ghost all the way to Booty Bay and then resurrect from the spirit healer outside Booty Bay.

First off, I knew this wouldn't work. After going a far distance you get sent back to the spirit healer.

So he ended up getting lost as a ghost in EPL in the race. He ran to WPL eventually... and then made his way to Thandol Span. Once he got there it reset and brought him all the way back to the spirit healer.

Sucks for him, but I was hysterical at the time ;D.

I'm sorry if certain posts of mine contradict themselves with other posts I've made. I can't make up my mind on a lot of issues...

Put on auto-run with my epic flying mount in Northrend and went AFK for awhile.
    When I came back, I had died of fatigue. I released my spirit, and my ghost ended
    up in Westfall. I was like "WTF?! Allright... I guess I'm gonna run to Northrend then..."

So I ran. The fatigue meter came up again and I died again, as a ghost.. Then, luckily,
    my corpse was near Westfall and not just south of Howling Fjord.

The runback for when you die in Sylvanas's room for Alliance.

You spawn at the graveyard right next to Scarlet. :'(
    Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a poet... or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...008_162314.jpg

Body is to the north in case you can't see it.

Died in the throne room in IF then fell in the lava, auto unstuck wasn't working...had to wait 2 hour for a gm to teleport me.

As horde, dying in stormwind. /cry....

My worst run back was in Blades Edge Mountains back before they fixed the place. Uggh i remember the maze like it was yesterday xD
    That one retired mage.
    http://dotabuff.com/players/75546158 Main DotA account
    http://dotabuff.com/players/135984949 Secondary DotA account

Was doing Karazhan on my priest and working our way to the first boss. Just before we engage the first boss, the server lagged out and time froze. From there I decided to have fun and explore a little further past the first boss and then server disconnected me.

Failed to log in and got disconnected again.

Decided to wait a bit and then logged on to my character to find myself dead at shattrath inn. Suddenly I wasn't in kara anymore. My raiding buddies said they saw me kept walking past the boss and aggrod mobs and died on the spot.

So I was thinking "its ok, just release and run back to shattrath inn and get summoned" and clicked release spirit.

I'm no longer at karazhan nor shattrath. I'm now in a spirit at the barrens GY with my corpse at shattrath.

Answer me this.. how long would it take for me to walk from the barrens to shattrath then back to karazhan?

edit: fixt errors >_>