Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cast Time dots are fail?

don't take this as a "whine thread" but really what seems to be wrong, why cast times on Haunt and Unstable Affliction are horrible

Affliction has absolutely no mobility, you have to cast Haunt to get even remotely any decent damage out of your dots in pvp and then a long cast on Unstable Affliction which hinders what used to make warlocks the instant dot class that can run around.

Haunt is a poor 51 pointer compared to abilities like Bladestorm, Killing Spree, Divine Storm, Arcane Barrage.
    now here's why i think it's balanced to make them instant cast

it's not fair to have a rogue auto attack which makes my casting spells 30% longer (mind numbing poison), that my debuffs get instant wipe without a penalty to make my damage do nothing,

-a 50% healing debuff and a 30% longer cast time on life drain makes it a huge penalty for warlock, the glyph of Siphon Life is underwhelming for what debuffs can be placed on you by a melee class.

-affliction, does it have any burst? you have to place haunt, unstable affliction, corruption, CoA/some utlity dot and then be able to drain life, a ret pala on the other hand has only to use a simple macro to use wings+trinket then stun you to burst damage

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Cast Time dots are fail?

L2Teleport and you got more time, make a fear (twice maybe, because of pvptrinket), then DoT up

Never played a warlock, though, but that is what might be the best solution to me
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Rogues have been able to kill warlocks fairly easy, I doubt two more instant cast dot will change that
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle
    That's because you're not looking.

Searing = Firy = Hot = Molten = Lava = Volcano = Disaster = Death
    Blade = Sharp = Pointy = Feather = Bird = Wing

Searing + Blade = Death + Wing

Thus, if Searing + Blade is equal to Burning + Legion, as well as to Death + Wing, and Death + Wing is equal to Old + Gods, then Burning + Legion = Old + Gods.

Simple math.

What? Better than divine storm? lol no. Affl locks must not have instant cast on UA and Haunt this will make um against hunters 99 % 5 dots/hide..and mage perhaps?. Also i think UA and Haunt are pretty good and balanced talents
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Deleted

1. It is very dangerous to put "fail" in your title as there is a big chance your post will fail yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Xylia
    Haunt is a poor 51 pointer compared to abilities like Bladestorm, Killing Spree, Divine Storm, Arcane Barrage.
    now here's why i think it's balanced to make them instant cast
    Dude comon, even thought of Thunderstorm?...that is a useless 51 pointer..

Then dont spec affliction! If you dont like the way it works and want some more burst then destro is the way to go.

Lots of people are playing affliction with succes but you dont have to, stop complaining about something when you can just pick something else.

Just be glad that you dont need to spam instant dots 24/7, most of s1,2 and 3 I was spending 80% of the time either instant dotting or fearing. But now that you got the choice of either high dot damage or insane burst you are complaining and want to just go back to facerolling? Also the never ending locks vs rogue debate is silly, try speccing destro and you can 4 shot most rogues or even 2-3 shot pve geared.

don't take this as a "whine thread"
    When you start a thread with this it's pretty obvious that it IS a whine thread.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    Incoming 'My class is worse' thread.

back to face rolling? have you ever played a ret pala by any chance?

and Sarac, if you're going to tell me i fail without presenting any arguement for it? i have given my reasons for my point then people come along like LOL YOU WANT TO FACE ROLL, when it's the melee class that face roll so damn hard?

Deleted

Idd teleport is ur friend, other then shadowstep rogues (rare these days) they wont get to u b4 u finish haunt cast

back to face rolling? have you ever played a ret pala by any chance?
    I presume you mean after 3.0 :P

oh noes i have to cast 3 of my spells and 659 different fears and a teleport doesnt help me at all!

Sket

First if you didn't played warlock then don't give any advices there is so many things you don't know... and yes haunt seems to be very retarded talent, atleast cast time should be instant.

p.s: Healing debuff would be cool 50% ^^

Why does it seem like warlocks complain the most? haunt is perfectly fine..though it may be annoying to cast having all our dots instant cast would be OP as hell.

Stop being terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac

what????

I have a ele shaman mine self it is quite usefull in PvP.

I have to agree with what someone else said in regards to the fact that there are plenty of locks that play aff. for pvp and do just fine with it. Also, my question is are we talking BG's or arena...if it's arena, 2v2...3v3...5v5 and what's the composition. All these things will hinge on whether or not aff. in pvp will be successful. It almost sounds like you want to be this uber class that has no need for assistance from other classes, other than healers, so you can in fact faceroll people. Sorry, but the those days are over and the sooner you realize that and switch to destro for huge burst crits, the happier you'll be....lol.
    Destro crits are such a gamble for aggro sometimes....I find myself always saying, "Big crits no wammies...BIG CRITS NO WAMMIES"

Affliction has absolutely no mobility
    wow

Remove stuns from the game and warlocks will be fine.

1v1 warlocks are fine, if your having trouble in arena either change your team or spec or *gasp* L2P better, but don't say stupid stuff like that just because you cant make it work. haunt and UA are fine talents and when you try to compare it to stuff, all you can say is that they are both tier w/e talents. a warlock is not a paladin, shaman, mage...you get the point so stop using that bullshit comparison argument. they are not instant cause that would to OP, the trade off for making them instant would also make you QQ i'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mipsy
    wow
    Indeed. No mobility?

You have to cast 2 spells, UA and Haunt. Then you're free to run and do immense damage for like, 15+ secounds. What other class can do that?