Thread: Warlock nerfs?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Warlock nerfs?

Quote Originally Posted by Bravehearth
    I play a paladin and i always try to keep imolate off but with the cc or lockdown of a warlocks partner if he can get a free way to cast its over for someone. Yes i know that i play with a rogue that can lockdown players with a simple ease with stunlocks and kicks but a aoe stun, fear, stun on healer and u can get some cast off and thats if its spell cleave rls the rogue jsut locks down my rogue and warlocks can get cast off.
    Sounds like you're describing a lock and his partner playing out a good match, and properly using their CCs in a manner that allows them to burn down their opponents. It's the nature of pvp. Keep in mind, the high damage conflag requires immolate, which has a cast timer, and you said you remove it on your pally. Conflag also has a fairly long cooldown timer so it is not a constant threat. Also, keep in mind that the high damage chaos bolt has a cast timer, and also a cooldown timer. Incinerate is nice spell, but hardly a massive nuke. Locks are squishy, burn them down first while your partner CCs or interrupts the healer. Get creative. If you see a lock casting chaos bolt or immolate, and you can't interrupt in time, use your rogue's cloak of shadows and keep on trucking. Also, don't make the mistake of trinketing deathcoil, it would be the equivelant of trinketing a rogues cheap shot only to leave yourself vulnerable to the longer lasting kidney shot. Save trinket for fear instead. I've had the same feelings when up against other classes in arena, only to find that I just needed to get more familiar with how approach them.

There are so many retared things in this thread and sooooo many people have said the most ridiculous things about warlock damage. First of all the guy who who made this thread is obviously horrible. For one thing, if you play a melee class and have agreed that locks should be nerfed then sell your computer and go buy a gameboy....wow isnt for you. Secondly, a warlocks damage is all we have. If we didnt hit that hard there wouldnt be locks in arena, cept for afflic. There are so many other things that people could have said, so many other classes that get destroyed by other classes and whats this.....MELEE classes, ret pallys are actually complaining about locks? What about a ret pally hammers a rogue and kills him in two globals, or how about mages kitting the hell out of pretty much any class? I Or how a dk can pretty much cc a lock to where he isnt able to get any cast off before he kills him? L2 play seriously. Bladestorm itself hits for 3-5k per second pretty much but oh thats fine, no one said anything about that damage being done. Warlocks in arena dont create pressure by themselves and can very well be taken down easily if played correctly. Point is if you play arena and the game starts, and you look at your gladius and see a warlock and then think to yourself man im gonna get hit destroyed all while being a melee class....then like I said sell you computer, this game isnt for you. And If you are really that afraid of warlock then play with a good mage and pally, you will never have immolate on you nor will that warlock ever be able to cast.

Quote Originally Posted by aztek
    You cast CB, then cast Conflag. They might hit at the same time due to travel time, but its no way 1 global. Like CB has a cast time. Mind numbing poison? Interrupt? You have plenty of time to dispel Immo while the warlock is casting off CB. Its apparently you that doesn't know how to counter a class.
    Apparently you don't know that every class doesnt have dispel etc. retard

Quote Originally Posted by Bravehearth
    Call me qq all you want but they nerfed ret decently far from what it use to be dmg wise but i still play my class i dont see why they cant do the same for warlocks.
    hate to tell you but Paladin =/= Warlock... paladins are hybrids (tank, dps & heal) where are locks are PURE dps...aka a warlock will ALWAYS be able to do more dmg then you

You cast CB, then cast Conflag. They might hit at the same time due to travel time, but its no way 1 global. Like CB has a cast time. Mind numbing poison? Interrupt? You have plenty of time to dispel Immo while the warlock is casting off CB. Its apparently you that doesn't know how to counter a class.
    any skilled warlock will fear you, then cast the immolate and after that a stun, then he'll cast the combo so you won't be able to dispel

Quote Originally Posted by Blooth
    Calling someone a retard must make you feel better huh? I'm sure the poster knew that fact. But did you know every class has an interrupt/counter to silence or disorient the Warlock.

Warrior: Intercept/Charge/Pummel
    Rogue: Gouge/Cheap Shot/Kidney Shot/Kick/FoK
    Druid: Pounce/Feral Charge/Maim/Typhoon (depending on spec)
    Shaman: Grounding Totem/Tremor Totem/Wind Shear/Thunderstorm/Spirit Wolves' stun (depending on spec)
    Paladin: HoJ/Repentance
    Hunter: Scatter Shot/Wyvern Sting/Silencing Shot/Pet stun (depending on spec)
    Mage: Counterspell/Deep Freeze/Blast Wave/Dragon's Breath (depending on spec)
    Warlock: Seduction/Spell Lock/Intercept/Fear/Death Coil/Howl of Terror/Shadowfury (depending on spec)
    DK: Death Grip/Strangulate/Mind Freeze/Pet stun
    Priest: Silence/Psychic Scream/Psychic Horror (depending on spec... however this is the class that has the most trouble stopping a Warlock I'd think)

Seems alot of people don't know how to fight a destro lock.. it's not hard.

The warlocks ENTIRE OBJECTIVE is going to be to get conflag off, along with chaos bolt. Other than those 2 moves they are not that destructive, they have good CC through counterspell, shadowfury, and fear to help fill in between conflag and chaos bolt(or so they can get the casts off) but those are the only realy times you are taking major damage.

The person fighting the warlock should be prepared to time their cc's, interrupts, or defensive cooldowns when you know a chaosbolt-conflag is coming. Virtually everytime the warlock is casting chaos bolt a conflag will INSTANTLY follow (arena's AND bg's). This is where cloak, anti-magic shell, spell reflect macro, or whatever your class abilities are should come into play. There are so many bad warriors that only want to spell reflect fear. Yeah, fear sucks but returning a CB+conflag on the warlock is much more effective (yes, you will spell reflect both if they lock goes for both).
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    Seems alot of people don't know how to fight a destro lock.. it's not hard.

The warlocks ENTIRE OBJECTIVE is going to be to get conflag off, along with chaos bolt. Other than those 2 moves they are not that destructive, they have good CC through counterspell, shadowfury, and fear to help fill in between conflag and chaos bolt(or so they can get the casts off) but those are the only realy times you are taking major damage.

The person fighting the warlock should be prepared to time their cc's, interrupts, or defensive cooldowns when you know a chaosbolt-conflag is coming. Virtually everytime the warlock is casting chaos bolt a conflag will INSTANTLY follow (arena's AND bg's). This is where cloak, anti-magic shell, spell reflect macro, or whatever your class abilities are should come into play. There are so many bad warriors that only want to spell reflect fear. Yeah, fear sucks but returning a CB+conflag on the warlock is much more effective (yes, you will spell reflect both if they lock goes for both).
    Uh... Spell Reflect will reflect two spells? The only way I can see this happening is if the ability is talented but I didn't think Improved Spell Reflect applied to the Warrior if he wasn't in a party? Plus is that talent even picked up often?

Gosh... I just despise how Warriors have Berserker Rage and Spell Reflect. The Berserker Rage itself is nasty but manageable. Spell Reflect would be alright too except that the CD is stupidly short... well for PvP I mean though I'd imagine it's necessary for tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001
    Uh... Spell Reflect will reflect two spells?
    Yo, Clarkis, this is a great comment, and imma let you finish --

But due to lag, latency, and spells landing simultaneously, you can reflect quite a few spells (if they all land at the same time). In PVE I frequently reflect the first spell from every caster in a pull since they start simultaneously. I have no imp spell reflect at all. It doesn't always line up perfectly, and a small amount of hesitation on the warlock's part will have the spells land far enough apart that only the first is reflected -- but it does happen.

Peace!
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Maybe I can see if Exodus or Paragon have a strat on how to make girls clothes just fall off, exploiting of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfen13
    There are exploits for that, but you get a long time in prison for them...

Quote Originally Posted by Blooth
    Apparently, arena is not 1v1.
    If warlock are not able to get out any conflagrate, they will lose for sure.
    and warlock's best Spec in Arena (60% of warlock go destr in arena) shouldn't have 0% winning.

cause in the course of a 3 min match the warlock will never ever have a chance to cast 2 spells that take 3 seconds right? immolate then CB+conflag its like your saying that in the course of a match a healer should never be able to get a heal off but its just apparent you just dont know how to counter class right?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001
    Uh... Spell Reflect will reflect two spells? The only way I can see this happening is if the ability is talented but I didn't think Improved Spell Reflect applied to the Warrior if he wasn't in a party? Plus is that talent even picked up often?

Gosh... I just despise how Warriors have Berserker Rage and Spell Reflect. The Berserker Rage itself is nasty but manageable. Spell Reflect would be alright too except that the CD is stupidly short... well for PvP I mean though I'd imagine it's necessary for tanking.
    Chaos bolt followed by conflag because of different missile times they both hit at the same second and both get reflected. Effectively killing yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment
    Chaos bolt followed by conflag because of different missile times they both hit at the same second and both get reflected. Effectively killing yourself.
    Cannot do that while stunned.
    Isn't shadowfury fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonak
    Cannot do that while stunned.
    Isn't shadowfury fun?
    He is explane to some other guy.
    Not complaning like you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreznel
    cause in the course of a 3 min match the warlock will never ever have a chance to cast 2 spells that take 3 seconds right? immolate then CB+conflag its like your saying that in the course of a match a healer should never be able to get a heal off but its just apparent you just dont know how to counter class right?
    So you're saying that in the course of a 3 minute match a Warlock should never be given the opportunity to setup a combo, ever? Then I guess a Mage should never be given the chance to setup a Shatter combo either, right?

Of course a healer should be able to heal and of course a Warlock should be able to setup a combo. The purpose of the last comment was to prove that it's not like Warlocks can be running away and BAM Conflagrate/Chaos Bolt you. They have to find a few seconds to set something up and it's the responsibility of the Warlock's teammates to help make this happen just as it's the responsibility of the target's team to save him/her.

If both spells crit then damn, that is a lot of damage. But the Warlock has probably taken a good chunk of damage in order to set that up (this is not in a 1v1 situation but rather arena), if the other team is doing it's job.

Say a Rogue jumps a Warlock who uses their Trinket/Shadowfury macro but is then Counterspelled by a Mage. Where is the Warlock's partner/pet?They could be dead, Banished or CCd but if that's the case then the Rogue and Mage played well. Allowing a Warlock to setup a big burst situation is what the spec is designed for. Without it'd be nothing and even with it can be trained fairly easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamichi
    Yo, Clarkis, this is a great comment, and imma let you finish --

But due to lag, latency, and spells landing simultaneously, you can reflect quite a few spells (if they all land at the same time). In PVE I frequently reflect the first spell from every caster in a pull since they start simultaneously. I have no imp spell reflect at all. It doesn't always line up perfectly, and a small amount of hesitation on the warlock's part will have the spells land far enough apart that only the first is reflected -- but it does happen.

Peace!
    Huh this is good to know, thanks Masamichi! =D

1.) I think poeple start to automatic assume that all chaos bolt and Conflag hits crit all the times.
    2.) It seem like poeple start to think that warlock should NOT have any chance cast Conflagrate or winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    1.) I think poeple start to automatic assume that all chaos bolt and Conflag hits crit all the times.
    2.) It seem like poeple start to think that warlock should NOT have any chance cast Conflagrate or winning.
    Yep. If we're so OP, how come we aren't facerolling all over arena? Yeah, no.

Sorry, but the chance of being able to get immolate w/o it being dispelled, Conflag crit AND a CB crit on someone who's stacking resilience like they should be... is just absurd. Lrn2LOS/silence/stun/etc. If a lock gets a chance to do dump all of that on you and you are capable of stopping them but don't, you have no right to ask for a nerf. Play better or don't play at all.

But you're more than welcome to QQ as much as you like.

Wanting nerfs because a class suddenly zerged through a bracket in Arena,

Wanting nerfs because many other classes can not respond to the damage.

Wanting nerfs because a class has over-representation.

Lets see. Pala damage during stun meets criteria 2, instead of nerfing stun, damage got nerfed.
    DK damage got nerfed many times since the release, they are the "criteria meets 1." Overnerf proven by the PvE consequences of Scourge Strike.
    Paladin 2v2 representation was too high, and most was holy until the holy nerf, and ret until the ret nerf (AKA Vindication change) That's meeting criteria 3.

Those 3 criteria is what is inside the many whine threads on WoW US forums when you look closely. However, even though Destruction Warlock Burst comes up once in a while, it is not mentioned enough in arena aspect to receive required attention. Fear, on the other hand has received the said attention. That was meeting criteria 2.

Whenever someone comes out yelling "Nerf Class X or Ability Y", many other will show up telling how to counter that class, or the ability. And many others will show up to say "Lol that does not work!" That does leads to... nowhere. If you want something nerfed, check out the arena boards, because no matter who says what, that is the place where PvP Balance matters. If someone goes around 2 shotting people in PvE gear in BG's, that person will never receive the attention unless he can do the same on any bracket of the arena. If someone goes around 1 shotting people on outdoor pvp,he will be ignored due to "We don't balance around that."

You want nerfs? Check Destruction warlock Arena Representation, and their ratings. Not as high as you thought they would be? Then check how many whine threads are around about Destruction warlocks on US forums. Not plenty? Then its time to learn how to use one of the suggestions made by other players in this thread, or in many others where you can easily find just by using google.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Everyone is saying warlocks are squishy....

In general, sure, casters are more squishy...

but versus casters, nether protection makes them not squishy. As a shadowpriest, I have to substantially lower my offensive time against a destro lock to dispel: nether protection, shadow ward, and immolate. It's definitely not a squishy target for EVERYONE.

A little off topic, but felt like saying it. lol
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&n=Wexx