Trinket question

Hello, I play a ret pally and I mostly PvE. A while back I picked up Grim Toll (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40256, and since then I haven't found a better trinket. I hear ArP is nearly useless for ret pallys so I was wondering if http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42990 is any better. I hear its good for burst in PvP, but was wondering if it would be any better than Grim Toll for me in PvE.
    Here is my armory link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Arygos&n=Gleas

Thanks in advance
    My favorite colour is dead bosses.

Re: Trinket question

You're 2% over hit cap. My best advice would be is get Greatness (90Strength). Unless you can get into a TOC 25 and get Death's Verdict.

I would love to get greatness but it just too damn expensive, otherwise i would
    My favorite colour is dead bosses.

Gold is easy enough to farm, shouldn't be a issue. Greatness is a amazing trinket, you should buy one.
    Arp can be a weak stat for a ret paladin, but GT/Mjollnir procs are so massive that it can be worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Gold is easy enough to farm, shouldn't be a issue. Greatness is a amazing trinket, you should buy one.
    Arp can be a weak stat for a ret paladin, but GT/Mjollnir procs are so massive that it can be worthy.
    Indeed. Dailys dailys dailys.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    Indeed. Dailys dailys dailys.
    Or be a JC- Making 1400 gold or so a week from just selling gems is always nice

Quote Originally Posted by Froglegs
    I would love to get greatness but it just too damn expensive, otherwise i would
    If you don't want to afford greatness then greatness will never come to you. You're wasting your time looking for help if the first thing on your to do list you're ignoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Or be a JC- Making 1400 gold or so a week from just selling gems is always nice
    Understatement of the year! But really, JC'ing get's you crazy amounts of gold. Luckily I have my main who is a miner/JC so I can prospect titanium for gems and make icy prisms that now can produce epic gems and my other level 80 who is a transmutation mastery alchemist so I transmute the epic gems and occaisionaly get more then 1. Also I buy the epic gems from badges and do WG dailies on both characters and buy them with honor. Basically it's a lot of income for not a lot of work.

10+ Year Old Account

No one is answering to his question in which he is asking for which of the two listed trinkets he should use. (:

I can't really answer it myself though as I have no experience with paladins. Though if you are above hit-cap, then the crit-one should be better I guess.
    Vol'jin fanboy

ideally you'd use the grim toll and gear around the hit from it where possible with the idea of maximizing other attributes.

You look to be way over the hit cap and those are points you could better spend somewhere else probably.

Ideally, as others have said, get a greatness trinket. Until then, I would use the grim toll and try to upgrade to non hit armor if possible -- something with expertise might be a good idea as yours is low (a rating of 3).

When i saw what you needed to do to get Greatness, at first i thought:

"Yeah im too lazy".

So then later on i made a Death Knight inscription character and spent two months gathering materials to make it. one to find everything, the other to wait for darkmoon to show up.

Best part is when you finally get it. The method to get it is very time consuming, but so is the game itself.
    -----

If your choice is really Death Card, i'm not sure. Last time i checked it worked only for characters that were capable of doing shadow damage. I don't know if they made an update for it to apply to all possible damage dealing.

If it's still only applicable to shadow dealing damage, then just stick to Grim Toll. ArP at the very least is better white damage hits, and it procs very often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist
    If your choice is really Death Card, i'm not sure. Last time i checked it worked only for characters that were capable of doing shadow damage. I don't know if they made an update for it to apply to all possible damage dealing.
    It can proc off any attack.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist
    When i saw what you needed to do to get Greatness, at first i thought:

"Yeah im too lazy".

So then later on i made a Death Knight inscription character and spent two months gathering materials to make it. one to find everything, the other to wait for darkmoon to show up.

Best part is when you finally get it. The method to get it is very time consuming, but so is the game itself.
    I bought mine card by card over a period of several weeks, checking AH every day for missing cards. Didn't feel too bad in my wallet that way. Back then Nobles deck was being sold for 20k in my server, I eventually got it for 6-7k. These days it can be found from AH for 4-5k, again in my server. And once you finally get it... oh boy. It will last for a very long time. Death's Verdict doesn't replace it, you rather want to use both of them together, plus SoV libram.

Rawr says that Death is better than Grim Toll by about 40 DPS. The greatness card is good for 150 dps over Grim Toll. If I were you...save...save...save. It's worth it.

Greatness was going for 4K on Aerie Peak. I paid 8K about 3 months ago.

When Inscripters started making the darkmoon cards the prices dropped like a 12 year olds nuts. Save save save. Greatness ftw you won't regret it.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!