Would it be against the rules to dominate an item/many items on the AH?

Like, say there are 10 Eternal Life's on the AH for 12g each. Say you bought them all and resold them for 20g each, and if anybody undercut you you'd buy that and sell it for your own price.

Now say you did that with any item, or multiple items at once. Would that be against the rules?

Re: Would it be against the rules to dominate an item/many items on the AH?

No.

No, its cornering a market. Its quite easy to do with high end commodities when you have the gold to do it.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kerpie
    No, its cornering a market. Its quite easy to do with high end commodities when you have the gold to do it.
    & that's CAPITALISM baby!
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Back during one of the events a few months ago, one of the achievements required eating a Delicious Chocolate Cake.

That's a Blue recipe that randomly drops from the cooking daily reward. I happen to have it and when people started asking, I started buying up all the Mage Royal on the AH. There wasn't much to begin with, but I bought it all, started making Cakes and selling them for 100g each.

I got severely cussed at by a number of people, and after about an hour, someone started undercutting me on the AH, selling them for 75g. I mailed him ingame and we worked out a deal where we'd not undercut each other, keeping the price stable at 80g. Monopolies, ftw. Made close to 1k gold before furious people started making Cakes for free if you brought them mats. Of course, you had to 'find' the Mage Royal since I was buying every bit that showed up on the AH.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix

I got severely cussed at by a number of people, and after about an hour, someone started undercutting me on the AH, selling them for 75g. I mailed him ingame and we worked out a deal where we'd not undercut each other, keeping the price stable at 80g. Monopolies, ftw.
    Well, in terms of marketing science this isnt exactly a monopol (mono means one single) but a cartel

all lies
    ^makes sigz k?

Nope, not against the rules at all. It can be a dangerous game to play though, if you start buying all the other items people list undercutting you, you can end up with an over abundance of stock that you can't unload. But yes, if you know what you're doing, it's a fantastic way to make tons of gold.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

I do know one guy actually did get spoken to by a GM on my server back in tBC because he controlled the Large Prismatic Shard market. Almost immediately after someone would post one, he would buy it and put it back up for like 80-100g (the regular price on that server was 50g or less). The reason the GM's spoke to him was that it was going on for so long and driving up prices on EVERYTHING that it was disrupting the regular economy, not just the prices on prismatics.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix
    Back during one of the events a few months ago, one of the achievements required eating a Delicious Chocolate Cake.

That's a Blue recipe that randomly drops from the cooking daily reward. I happen to have it and when people started asking, I started buying up all the Mage Royal on the AH. There wasn't much to begin with, but I bought it all, started making Cakes and selling them for 100g each.

I got severely cussed at by a number of people, and after about an hour, someone started undercutting me on the AH, selling them for 75g. I mailed him ingame and we worked out a deal where we'd not undercut each other, keeping the price stable at 80g. Monopolies, ftw. Made close to 1k gold before furious people started making Cakes for free if you brought them mats. Of course, you had to 'find' the Mage Royal since I was buying every bit that showed up on the AH.

Did the same. But also had the market for Mageroyal and eggs for a week before :P

I was selling Mageroyal for 60G per 3 Stack, completed cakes for 120G and Small Eggs for 40G per 8 stack.