Question about SoR mechanics.

This week I'll be getting my S7 Relentless weapon, and replacing my Worldcarver. This will place me at 15 expertise, which I plan to make up with the SoV glyph. However, I'm a big fan of SoR, and let's face it, it's the best trash seal at this point in the game so it IS useful. Now to my question. If memory serves me correctly, I remember seeing that the seal component of SoR cannot be dodged/parried/blocked. Is this true? If so, at what point would weapon damage overcome the loss of expertise, or for trash would it be more beneficial to just keep the WC in my bags and switch it out for trash packs. Any intelligent insight or information would be appreciated, couldn't find anything on EJ and I'm not sure if using the weight stats would be appropriate for this situation.

Deleted

Re: Question about SoR mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    If memory serves me correctly, I remember seeing that the seal component of SoR cannot be dodged/parried/blocked. Is this true?
    It is true. However, if your actual attack is avoided, there will ofc be no Seal proc either (I think).

Generally slower and harder hitting weapons will always benefit a paladin better, so if your new weapon is much stronger than WC (3.4 sec), the latter becomes practically useless.

im pretty sure that seal damage is like judgement damage, in the fact that it can not be dodged/blocked/parried. but the use of expertise comes in because if your white attack gets dodged/blocked/parried then there will be no seal proc therefore losing double the dmg
    Have an iPhone? Want to keep up to date with the latest iPhone news? Check out theiphonespot.net

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Megamoney
    im pretty sure that seal damage is like judgement damage, in the fact that it can not be dodged/blocked/parried. but the use of expertise comes in because if your white attack gets dodged/blocked/parried then there will be no seal proc therefore losing double the dmg
    Vengeance and Command can be dodged/parried or miss- The remaining ones cannot be.

I've seen higher dps numbers by using command on trash groups of 4 or more mobs, then i did with SoR.
    Also command was doing excellent @encounters like mimiron phase 3 or the thorim arena. It's situational, but it's not as crappy as most people think.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kishin
    I've seen higher dps numbers by using command on trash groups of 4 or more mobs, then i did with SoR.
    Also command was doing excellent @encounters like mimiron phase 3 or the thorim arena. It's situational, but it's not as crappy as most people think.
    In my opinion, if they adjusted the co-effient scaling with AP and SP, Command would be in a good spot. It would be nice to have higher Judgement-damage, but thats a PvP issue that won't ever be fixed, unless we have more skills/abilities to even out our damage on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    In my opinion, if they adjusted the co-effient scaling with AP and SP, Command would be in a good spot. It would be nice to have higher Judgement-damage, but thats a PvP issue that won't ever be fixed, unless we have more skills/abilities to even out our damage on.
    agreed, with the cleave effect in 3.2.2 I'd settle with just adjusting the coefficients.

Off-Topic: Uhm, WTB wws reports of this.
    I've been using SoR+talent+glyph, since the change on Vengeance - and my dmg on trash and seal-switch depending fights were significantly higher than my fellow ret using SoCom. As of now, we both use SoR+talent+glyph.
    Although, having Glyph of Concecration atm, since yesterday, max'ing the dmg on 25-Anub HC - think I'm switching between those at least twice a week

3.2.2 is a different scenario.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tentpole
    Off-Topic: Uhm, WTB wws reports of this.
    I've been using SoR+talent+glyph, since the change on Vengeance - and my dmg on trash and seal-switch depending fights were significantly higher than my fellow ret using SoCom. As of now, we both use SoR+talent+glyph.
    Although, having Glyph of Concecration atm, since yesterday, max'ing the dmg on 25-Anub HC - think I'm switching between those at least twice a week

3.2.2 is a different scenario.
    He was taling about 3.2.2