Thread: No Lock lovin'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: No Lock lovin'

Quote Originally Posted by Serarus
    DP is not really better than the shamans totem after all demo have too put 4 more points into it and its base off of the pet's crits meaning you can not all ways count on it being up
    If you have ever raided with a demo lock you will know that that is in fact wrong.

Demonic Pact is up FULL time.

10% crit to your pet through talents.
    10% crit to your pet from the current T9 2set.
    The talent that gives him 30% of your crit.

Plus all of the raids buffs such as leader of the pack or fury warrior(5% melee crit), 3% crit from ret pally's heart of the crusader or TOTEM OF WRATH (well isn't that ironic lol).

And even before then the fel guard always crits within 12 seconds.

I have never ever seen Demonic Pact drop. He crits too often.

So as I said. Demonic Pact > Totem of Wrath.

EDIT : Also keep in mind if you do not have a ret pally or something in the raid you can still keep your totem up regardless because the fel guard will ONLY override the spell power portion of the totem NOT the 3% crit. So everyone still benefits from your 3% crit but the fel guard gives the raid way more spell power. UPDATE : raided as demo recently (main spec is destro) and I indeed had over 5100 spell power.

15+ Year Old Account

Uptime is 98.5%, which is not "FULL time", with 2pc T9.

We're talking about a 50% crit rate for your pet:

1 - (.5 x .5 x .5 x .5 x .5 x .5) = 98.4375% Uptime, and this doesn't consider fights like Mimiron where Shock Blast will oneshot your pet if it doesn't get buffs, or where standing in fire + shock blast results in a quick death.

If you only have a 70% uptime (reported on fights like Northrend Beasts), that means you need 40% more spell power to make it better than Totem of Wrath.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Uptime is 98.5%, which is not "FULL time", with 2pc T9.

We're talking about a 50% crit rate for your pet:

1 - (.5 x .5 x .5 x .5 x .5 x .5) = 98.4375% Uptime, and this doesn't consider fights like Mimiron where Shock Blast will oneshot your pet if it doesn't get buffs, or where standing in fire + shock blast results in a quick death.

If you only have a 70% uptime (reported on fights like Northrend Beasts), that means you need 40% more spell power to make it better than Totem of Wrath.
    Totem of Wrath isn't "Full time" either.