Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Good Blood Dps Rotation

What is a good Blood rotation, I just respeced from Unholy to level and was hoping people could give me a few pointers on a rotation.

Intel Pentium E6300 @ 2.80Ghz | 4G OCZ RAM | GeForce 9800GT | XFX nForce 630i | Windows Vista Ultimate

Re: Good Blood Dps Rotation

PS > IT > BS > BS > DS > Dump
    DS > BS > BS > BS > BS > Dump

Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Batsmuggler
    PS > IT > BS > BS > DS > Dump
    DS > BS > BS > BS > BS > Dump

Repeat.

Ummm no

this is why only dks who play blood shoud give that advice

Try

IT>PS>HS>HS>DS>Dump
    DS>HS>HS>HS>HS>Dump

IT>PS>HS>HS>DS>Dump
    DS>HS>HS>HS>HS>Dump
    first line qft, but...
    DS>HS if you have only one target, the runes and diseases up imho. (2nd line)
    considering you're hitting a boss/elite mob, otherwise HS solves also

and yeah, i play blood

DS->IT->PS->HS->HS
    HS->HS->DS->HS->HS

I like this rotation better because you don't have to juggle with 4 death runes coming up at nearly the same time like the above rotation. Mostly depends on your latency and personal preference.

As a Blood DPS DKI tend to find teh diseases don't last long enough to do 4 heart strikes in the second part of the rotation wihout renewing Diseases (Btw 1 DS > 1 HS but 2 HS > 1 DS ) so my rotation is:

IT>PS>HS>HS>DS>Dump
    IT>PS>HS>HS>HS>HS>HS>Dump

Repeat.

I tend to do very good DPS... although I am playing around with specs a bit atm (trying to work out if the dot from Unholy Blight is worth it but think I prefer DRW :P) And I'm actually planning to try an unholy build using obliterate in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by nethariel.
    first line qft, but...
    DS>HS if you have only one target, the runes and diseases up imho. (2nd line)
    considering you're hitting a boss/elite mob, otherwise HS solves also

and yeah, i play blood
    You play blood but still you think DS>HS hmm?
    u know one DS takes 2 runes and one HS only 1, so hs is way better to use than DS.
    2hs>1DS

How many of these threads can there possibly be? If you cant use the search function or come up with a common sense rotation for blood idk what to say.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

i said DS>HS IF you have only one target, the runes and diseases up.
    u know one DS takes 2 runes and one HS only 1, so hs is way better to use than DS.
    2hs>1DS
    thats why we have 3 kind of runes bro... and DRM
    2DS>2HS

Deleted

Lol this is new, i never saw a DK ask for help playing his class before. :P

Than again, i did saw a prot pala ask it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethrine
    As a Blood DPS DKI tend to find teh diseases don't last long enough to do 4 heart strikes in the second part of the rotation wihout renewing Diseases
    You taking Epidemic? That talent would bring your disease duration up to 18/21 seconds depending on the number of points spent.
    ( \_/ )
    ( >.< )
    ( /\__/\
    (>O.O<) ---- MeOW!!
    ~m__m

Ok first i said the thing about not playing a dk cuz he said blood strike....

DS>HS in only 2 situations

all you have time for is one more strike on drw duration

diseases are off
    As for amethrine.... You cant get off 5 heart stikes in a row reasonably....

As a Blood DPS DKI tend to find teh diseases don't last long enough to do 4 heart strikes in the second part of the rotation wihout renewing Diseases (Btw 1 DS > 1 HS but 2 HS > 1 DS ) so my rotation is:

IT>PS>HS>HS>DS>Dump

Repeat.

I tend to do very good DPS... although I am playing around with specs a bit atm (trying to work out if the dot from Unholy Blight is worth it but think I prefer DRW :P) And I'm actually planning to try an unholy build using obliterate in the near future.
    you should, sometimes i can fit 6 into the rotation (very rarely) and i use IT>Ps>Hs>Hs>Ds>Hs>Hs>Ds>(depending on how much time i have i ether put diseases or more Hs) do you happen to have the talent in the unholy tree to increase duration of diseases? or are experiencing a large amount of lag?

IT>PS>HS>HS>DS>Dump
    Refreshing Diseases mid rotation = so much fail.
    DS > IT > PS... rota is nice if you don't have a marksman hunter (=> 10% ap at the start of the fight)

Quote Originally Posted by nethariel.
    i said DS>HS IF you have only one target, the runes and diseases up.thats why we have 3 kind of runes bro... and DRM
    2DS>2HS
    oooh yeh
    2DS>2hs?
    my ds crits are about 9-10k
    my hs crits are about 8-10k
    i can pop 2 ds or 4hs

Which is your pick? :P
    "A wise man once told, Just because you can lift a car over your head and know your strong, does not mean your existance of life is more important than a Beetle who can lift 150 times his own size."
    http://imageshack.us/f/696/ultik.jpg/

Specc 2/2 Epidemic and run this macro:

/castsequence reset=3 Icy Touch, Plaguestrike, Heartstrike, Heartstrike, Deathstrike, Deathcoil, Horn of Winter, Deathstrike, Heartstrike, Heartstrike, Heartstrike, Heartstrike, Deathcoil, Deathcoil

You may leave Horn of Winter but that would mean, that you can only dump 1 deathcoil on the end of the rotation, because you would need 2 more runic power. It would make you dump deathcoils manually which most often leads to do it on bad situations so that you delay your runes which is a dps loss, that's why i use HoW in the rotation which costs me about 1 second (the rotation is 21 seconds, so each runeset is 0,5 seconds delayed) but gives me that extra deathcoil in the end.

Atm i am playing with Unholy blight, not with dancing runed weapon. Maybe it is just because i forget about my cooldowns very often and if you do not use your dancing ruendblade in a fight or even just use it every 4-5 minuten instead whenever it is possible, you will have less damage plus through the dancing weapon than you have with unholy blight, plus it is way easier to play anyways.

I fail at typing lately >.<

1) No I'm not taking epidemic atm although I may experiment with it in the near future
    2) I didn't mean to put 5 HS'd in a row However I am having ping problems lately

Spec 1/2 Epidemic

IT -> PS -> HS -> HS -> DS -> 1 DC ( To save some RP for DS glyph)
    DS -> HS -> HS -> HS -> HS (Disease should fade here) -> DC -> DC

In the beginning of a fight, at the end of the 1st part of the rotation, there is a wait time of about 1 GCD (summon your ghoul). Then after the rune buffer will do its job and the rotation will run smoother after that.

Don't listen to anyone that uses UB instead of DRW like the clown 2 3 posts above me. Running a macro is just about the dumbest thing you can possibly do, other than using BS instead of HS like another guy in this thread suggested.

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t61176-b..._dk_dps_guide/

Go read the first post in that thread. If you still have (specific) questions you can come back and ask. Stop making threads asking people to tell you how to play your class. Do some damn research and stop being lazy.
    And sure, your son may find a women on warcraft. Just beware that she is probably whoring herself off to get mounted or partcipates in one of those secret guild orgies Pastor Jack warned us about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gajan
    Don't listen to anyone that uses UB instead of DRW like the clown 2 3 posts above me. Running a macro is just about the dumbest thing you can possibly do, other than using BS instead of HS like another guy in this thread suggested.

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t61176-b..._dk_dps_guide/

Go read the first post in that thread. If you still have (specific) questions you can come back and ask. Stop making threads asking people to tell you how to play your class. Do some damn research and stop being lazy.
    Ahh another scrub that isn't even using drw on cooldown but telling UB users idiots.
    The point is that if you are only using drw about half as often as you can, UB does more dps than your drw. If you can use drw at cooldown and don't forget it, well go for it. But most often the most skillless scrubs of all call people idiots that are using UB but themselves jsut use drw once every 10 minutes and that means, they do less damage than the UB speccs do.
    BTW YES look at EJ, the guide TELLS YOU that the castsequence does FINE ! Try do read the things you link first yourself instead of talking shit please.