Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Idea for Deathwing fight

When the mass res takes place? Would you need to rebuff? Or would you be out of combat after the death thing? :-X
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

I like your ideas, though I hope the Pantheon(sp?) have something to do with the fight. You know Khaz'goroth is more then likely a little pissed his aspect turned evil.

15+ Year Old Account

Seem pretty decent.

Decent idea ;D

Too all you QQers about "But Arthas isn't out yet :'("....Too many of those posts, need to start speculation!
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

Really cool idea.

But.. it should be longer imo, like, this should be one phase, there should be another 4 phases as hard or even harder and as epic.

i really hope blizzard make this a boss most people want to kill but hardly no one does becuase its that hard, them bosses have always existed in MMOs its a shame they dont exist in this game anymore. Deathwing deserves more then to be kicked about by every scrub from the realm in badge gear

I just have two ideas I want to share (may not be good I am just setting out two ideas of mine)

1. How about after the Aspects come in, they distract Deathwing, while Alexstraza mass resurects everyone, she wishes to speak with you, once you speak to her, there are two ways you can take the convosation with her, one starts Hard Mode and the other normal.

Normal would be with the Aspects helping you.

Hard Mode would send the raid to a mini-clip, of maybe Deathwing shouting 'Enough of this!' or something along those lines, and casting a powerfull spell of some sort, weakening the Aspects by a lot, they would still attack but one by one they would fall unconcious leaving the last 50% of the health to be done alone.

2. A spell cast at 20% Health could be something along the lines of maybe.. 3 Vortexs (Whirlwinds if you may say) of Fire, that randomly circle Deathwing in a strange pattern so it isn't predictable that once court in the raid member would suffer a major DoT debuff and get thrown across the area.

These are just ideas that popped into my head, :P

I can't imagine Ysera or Nozdormu having any role in this expansion.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina
    I can't imagine Ysera or Nozdormu having any role in this expansion.
    Blizzard will probably give us more clues to their current status, but no, i agree they wont play much of a role. Alexstrasza on the other will with almost certainty play a major role.

As for the fight i got no clue except for one thing. I think taht when we get him to 20-10% his armour plates will break and as a result he will begin to destabilize due to the energy inside him pushing outwards( In lore its stated that its the metal plates that keep his body together) This will offcourse result in lots of Magma erupting out of his body and will be a nuke or be killed phase.
    Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

Not sure why people are having a problem with the raid "death" part, there are already examples of you 'dying' and keeping buffs once you're resurrected. It's not that hard to just give you an invisible debuff that gives you the dead animation.

Personally I want a lot more multi-part bosses. Or just smarter targeting in general.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    So... you want it to be four weeks between each Deathwing kill per guild?

I'm not even gonna comment on that one :
    I have a better Idea lets make the fight last 4 weeks worth of phases with no breaks inbetween. Let's see how long it takes someone to get a world first
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment
    I have a better Idea lets make the fight last 4 weeks worth of phases with no breaks inbetween. Let's see how long it takes someone to get a world first
    Let's see how many people transfer servers to get realm firsts.

First we'll farm stuff to get to 500 FR, then we go in and he does a Fire Breath... we die...

Sounds like you have created a hodgepodge of 3 different ulduar bosses.
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

Adenspear

I hope all the bosses in Cataclysm aren't run and fight ones like Ulduar. My poor elemental shaman ain't made for running.

Deathwing, the Destroyer,[3] originally Neltharion, the Earth-Warder, is one of five Dragon Aspects and leader of the black dragonflight. Thousands of years ago, Neltharion was empowered by the Titan Khaz'goroth with dominion over the earth and the deep places of Azeroth. However, driven mad by the Old Gods, he turned against the other Aspects during the War of the Ancients, capturing a portion of their power in the Demon Soul. Among both humans and dragons his name has become one whispered with a feeling of fear and contempt.

During the Second War, Deathwing adopted the form of Lord Daval Prestor, seeking to gain the vacant throne of Alterac and eventually destroy the Alliance of Lordaeron. During the events of the novel Day of the Dragon, the Demon Soul is destroyed, and Deathwing is defeated by the other Aspects.

Though long believed to be dead, Deathwing currently resides deep within the abandoned Wildhammer stronghold of Grim Batol, experimenting with his latest creations - the twilight dragonflight

Quote Originally Posted by Figoment

That is what i mean ty for helping me out

"Ysera: Increases healing received and done by 10%
    Nozdormu: Increases attack and casting speed by 20%"

These two will not be there.

Ysera is currently being corrupted by an old god in the Emerald Dream, and will most likely be a boss in the Emerald Dream expansion/instance whatever its going to be.

Nozdormu, he is busy creating the Infinite dragonflight, and will not get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot
    "Ysera: Increases healing received and done by 10%
    Nozdormu: Increases attack and casting speed by 20%"

These two will not be there.

Ysera is currently being corrupted by an old god in the Emerald Dream, and will most likely be a boss in the Emerald Dream expansion/instance whatever its going to be.

Nozdormu, he is busy creating the Infinite dragonflight, and will not get involved.
    None of those 2 are confimed, but highly likely.
    Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.

15+ Year Old Account

It's not a fight against a dark aspect without cleave or tail sweep.

Everything else is awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I'm weird in any culture
    If life's a stage, when's the after party?

Yogg and keepers anyone?