Looking to Get into Arenas

I'm an MM/SV hunter, thats never done arenas before. Mostly i PVE, but I do WG every chance i get, and BG's when i have the time.

But I'm looking to get into more serious PVP... ie Arenas.

Where should i start? 2's, 3's?

What should i try partnering with?
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseVentura
    This stuff'll make you a goddamn sexual Tyrannosaurus. . . just like me.

Re: Looking to Get into Arenas

Well, 2's is more dependent on you. Which makes sense because there's only 2 people. 3's on the other hand is more hectic in general but less dependent on you because there's 3 people. As far as partners go a healer is always nice. I'm not sure which dps classes pair well with a hunter though.

hunters are doing better now in s7 and survival will probably suit u best. I suggest u start with 2v2.

be sure to have gladuis (addon) and a decent ui to keep track of ur teammates and oponents (cd's for u and oponents is nice and try to keep track of diminishing returns too.

as for teammate disc or resto druid are maybe the easiest to play.

i prefered going with druid when i started arena; reason is that cc is dificult to use and counter in the start, and having good amounts of res + hots rolling makes it easier to survive and is very nice for u to "l2p" arena.
    priest works good too, but more coordination on heals. u then again get the awsome mass dispell and mana burn tho loose cyclone.

u can also team up with
    war
    pala
    shammy
    but imo these setups are harder to play

It doesn't really matter if you start with 2s or 3s since you won't be getting high enough ratings for it to matter. Nevertheless, I would recommend 2s.

If you go 2's, if you want to do SV or MM, you should go with a druid or priest healer. Doesn't really matter which. However, what I would recommend since it's your first time playing arena, is to go BM, and partner with a ret paladin. BM/ret is rape.

The reason I recommend 2 DPS as a starter team is because healer+dps games can go on for a long time and when you are just starting out you want to get in as many games as possible in a short amount of time to get used to playing in arena, and games when you run as 2 DPS are typically much faster.