Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: ''New'' spell in our rotation (Ele)

Quote Originally Posted by Doxq
    Shamans just aren't meant to do good AoE, but Druids, Priests, Mages, Warlocks, Rogues, Warriors, Death knights, Paladins and Hunters can.

Makes sense. (that's every class by the way).

On-topic: No, chain lightning still will be inferior with a disproportionate mana cost to Lightning Bolt. (Unless there is more than one target).
    Yea, that's about it in a nutshell for us. Sadly classes still have their "niches" apparently where the great and powerful (and stupid in this case) Blizzard doesn't want them anymore.

If anything the buff on Shamanism for the Chain Lightning portion is maybe to help with the lesser haste geared shamans? It would make sense since you do use CL in your rotation due to the low haste values. Just my two cents on it.
    :3

IMO, with the current BiS slot items equipped, we should have like 700 ish haste, plus the new totem = 900, than maybe, instead of trying to cast a 6th LB between a LvB cooldown, CL would be a better filler without effecting the LvB cooldown.

So FS - LvB - 5xLB - CL and repeat should be the new rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabukage
    FS>LvB>CL>LB
    Always thought thats the correct order.
    No.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lightenme
    IMO, with the current BiS slot items equipped, we should have like 700 ish haste, plus the new totem = 900, than maybe, instead of trying to cast a 6th LB between a LvB cooldown, CL would be a better filler without effecting the LvB cooldown.

So FS - LvB - 5xLB - CL and repeat should be the new rotation.
    BiS ends at ~950 haste, + totem. (resulting in about 1150 haste)
    http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t57116-e...7/#post1374500

so how much dmg wil i get from LB now as extra i have little less than 3k sp full buffed

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by eddiii
    so how much dmg wil i get from LB now as extra i have little less than 3k sp full buffed
    ~228.4 * (1.03 + Critrate) = extra Damage for each LB
    Critrate - raidbuffed Critrate with LB (just look at some Logs or whatever)
    Includes:
    all Talents we take for PvE-DPS
    CoE/Earth and Moon/Ebon Plaguebringer
    all Buffs/Debuffs (see Critrate)

You should already be using CL in your rotation depending on how much haste you have...

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Advent
    It's the only class that has to run into melee range and then OUT of melee range to use aoe. And then the aoe isn't nearly as good. So... I ask you, does that seem very consistent with Blizzard's theories about class balance/scaling/abilities?
    Considering Shamans are the red headed step children of World of Warcraft and Paladins are our outstanding, spoiled brat of a sibling, then Yes...It fits perfectly.
    I'm making this my new sig, soon.

Personally I want a chanelled five target chain lightning with the damage being somewhere near blizzard or rain of fire. It moves with your primary target which is the quirk. AoE force lightning!

Magma totem has one use as far as I am concerned. Killing nature immune elementals in Nagrand at level 64-68 combined with our only other damaging spells, Flame Shock and Frost Shock. Sacrificing totem of Wrath isn't worth it on any raid boss with adds, and trash is burned by your mages, locks, hunters and rogues(?) before you can run in and start casting anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Intiriel
    Actually the AoE is "good" because you can still cast your normal spells while our magma friend does damage. So, in the end, it is a little more than just them magma. The real problem is when the tank moves. A shadow priest just keeps casting Mind Sear as it goes with the targets. A lock/mage/even hunters just recast the aoe. We have to run in again, cast it again, and run out again.

Mobility is the problem, imho. I like the idea of thrusting totems through our enemies, so they'll carry the magma wherever they go.
    I definitely like the way you think though i don't see why blizzard don't put some sorta control to place the totem a good distance using mechanics just like blizzard, rain of fire and many other spells so it is entirely possible to make the fire totems maybe even sentry able to be placed a max distance of 30 yards ahead of the shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Fenthis
    make the fire totems maybe even sentry able to be placed a max distance of 30 yards ahead of the shaman
    idd, hunters can throw their traps, why can't we throw totems ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Fenthis
    I definitely like the way you think though i don't see why blizzard don't put some sorta control to place the totem a good distance using mechanics just like blizzard, rain of fire and many other spells so it is entirely possible to make the fire totems maybe even sentry able to be placed a max distance of 30 yards ahead of the shaman

It would be nice, we should be able to toss our totems up to 30y away

English is not my main language, but I try!

pvp wise this would be great for trying to burst down a target :P bonus CL damage i really cannot complain about blizzard buffing our DPS one bit i like to use chain lightning it generally doesn't do that much harm to my mana pool