Thread: Stuck at 2K dps

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Stuck at 2K dps

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgore
    [detailed and useful information]
    I wish this forum had some kind of karma function, because this sort of post deserves special recognition.

PS I'm not female.
    Generation 29:
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    For DPS, use this spec (no ifs or buts):
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...6,6ryORH,10433

replace pvp helm enchant with pve helm enchant

replace pvp shoulder enchant with pve shoulder enchant

replace idol with url=http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39757]Rip idol[/url]

replace tanking ring with badge ring

replace all your 10 agil 15 stam gems with 20 agility except for 1 (for meta bonus)

replace your meta gem with this one

don't re-enchant your weapon as you should replace it with this. enchant that with Berserking.

This is the easiest way you can improve your dps. There are much better options out there but you have to be good to get them. Personally, if you can't pull 2k I would never look at you. Get these items and enchants, change your spec, and sit your ass on the target dummy until you hit 2k. If you can't do it then you're helpless and useless and you should go back to tree.
    Thanks,
    As mentioned i can actually get to 2k dps (~2.0-2.2) but that just seems to be my limit.

Perhaps thats the best i can do until i get the upgrades/changes you mentioned above.

I use the pvp enchants because i need time to grind the reps again (i got another char/main with exalted). I thought that the pvp ones are good except the res. But even if i grind, i will only get 15 crit on the shoulder? (same attack power), same for the head enchant, so an extra 35 crit in total, which is not a 1% gain anyway. And with my mongoose, trinket, and idol, procs i get a crit rating between 56-57%. So i put that extra 35 crit (from enchants) on lower priority.

I have been trying to farm for the poleaxe, but no luck. So i cant have the meta you mentioned, as i dont have a yellow gem slot.

But i will check the other sites/comments/spec mentioned.

kind regards

1. No King of the Jungle? wtf? Get it.

2. Drop improved mangle talent, worthless.

3. Drop glyph of mangle for glyph of savage roar.

4. Get Facemauler http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...acemauler.aspx or i guess feral by night works too

My druid hit 80 about a month ago, got toc gear (5 man) and some naxx 10 man and i do 3k in heroics and 4k in 10 mans so..its not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemansam
    1. No King of the Jungle? wtf? Get it.

2. Drop improved mangle talent, worthless.

3. Drop glyph of mangle for glyph of savage roar.

4. Get Facemauler http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...acemauler.aspx or i guess feral by night works too

My druid hit 80 about a month ago, got toc gear (5 man) and some naxx 10 man and i do 3k in heroics and 4k in 10 mans so..its not hard.
    wow, so i must be doing something wrong then :-[
    could you link your armory? you just have hc/naxx10 gear....
    It must be my rotation or something, i will check the addon tonight. I am at work atm.

regards

He's just being elitist, ignore that. Glyph of Mangle as mentioned will help with your rotation at first. Imp Mangle is also a must in many situations unless you have a pocket Arms Warrior.

And seriously don't get Facemauler. It's like an excuse to not learn your "rotation" and have meh performances. Just practice it on a dummy, you'll get better at it and actually understand the rotation which is, imo, an important part of the whole deal.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    After 10+ years of stalking the internet, my experience shows that the people that will straight out tell you - completely out of context - that they are female, usually arent. It is not relevant to this discussion that you are female - it doesn't change your rotation, it doesn't give you better stats, and i doub that - if you hadn't said it - anyone would have gone "You can't DPS in cat? What are you, female?!".

You felt it was important to tell us to NOT treat you in a special way, when in fact you are promting us to do just that - only, its more of an annoyed "Not another one -_-" reaction you recieve.
    Agree, however as you say it's not relevant to the discussion, then you should maybe just also stick to the subject? I mean your comment just says that you think a little line is a out of context, atleast come with a suggestion to "her" problem.

I believe it's your talents and your rotation.

15+ Year Old Account

read the stickied feral dps thread before you post?

all people have done is regurgitate information from there and you wouldn't have got the stick for playing the "i'm a girl" card, whether you are or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodada
    First of all, you're a guy unless you have pics to prove otherwise.

2nd, L2P.
    Haha damn i was told internet tards did extinct.
    You seem like blind follower of first MMO rule
    "Everyone who is worse than you is a NOOB, and everyone who is better than you is a NOLIFER"

Quote Originally Posted by Meno

I have been trying to farm for the poleaxe, but no luck. So i cant have the meta you mentioned, as i dont have a yellow gem slot.
    If it wasn't already mentioned. You do NOT need a yellow gem slot to put a yellow gem into it and activate your meta. Matching sockets is a bonus, not a must, and 75% of the time you're better off breaking the socket bonus in favor of a better gem (+20agil as someone mentioned previously).

So if you've got 3 sockets PERIOD - you've got enough for the meta. That meta bonus will be worth it.

Edit: Who thinks ArP is terrible for ferals again?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Kungpowbeef  Druid(I know my meta does not work yet because im trying to get gems for my chest that i got today, also its my alt so I dont make it a priority when i have other things to do)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Heaventrash
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r&n=Firemansam

just to show that i do indeed know what im doing in wow and that i do have some idea h2p

for trash i usually rake a mob, savage roar, then swipe spam if its multiple targets, if on a boss its usually mangle, savage roar, rake, tiger's fury, shred until you have the 5 combos up (which shouldnt take long if you have the crit) and then rip at 5 which you seem to know to do so thats  good and just never let mangle or rake or rip fall. and dont forget to pop berserk on boss fights

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    After 10+ years of stalking the internet, my experience shows that the people that will straight out tell you - completely out of context - that they are female, usually arent. It is not relevant to this discussion that you are female - it doesn't change your rotation, it doesn't give you better stats, and i doub that - if you hadn't said it - anyone would have gone "You can't DPS in cat? What are you, female?!".

You felt it was important to tell us to NOT treat you in a special way, when in fact you are promting us to do just that - only, its more of an annoyed "Not another one -_-" reaction you recieve.
    Or instead of being a douche you could have just answered her question.

At about 200 - 300 ArPen, ArPen becomes the best stat
    ^^ being what I meant. This depends on your gear, but if you've got a couple of pieces with it (which aren't difficult to find), then this becomes a gem of choice eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Meno
    You just need the right color gems for a meta, the color of the slot doesn't matter for the meta. The color of the gemslot only determines whether you get the extra bonus on the gear for gemming the same color as the gear has slots. A red gem will work in a red, yellow, and blue slot. Also, if you have an orange gem that will count as a red and a yellow and fill the yellow requirement that you have. Similarily, purple gems count as a red and a blue for your meta requirement.

Agreed about Facemauler. It'll teach you to be a bad druid in the long run. You have to learn how to adapt to different situations, not wait for the addon to tell you what to press next. I do, however, recommend Bad Kitty http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a.../badkitty.aspx to use to keep track of your bleeds/debuffs/buffs. I've heard good things about Dot Timer as well but I've never actually tried that one. I <3 Bad Kitty, couldn't imagine raiding w/o it.

I also agree w/ taking Improved Mangle. If you have another feral (such as a bear tank) or an Arms Warrior 100% of the time, don't bother with it. Otherwise, it's nice to have. I'm probably going to drop it in favor of 5/5 Feral Aggresion soon though, as there's another feral in my raid group now that's pretty consistent and pretty good about keeping mangle up. This is my personal spec as of right now and it's what I would recommend: http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

It's basically the same thing that guy posted above, but I took 3 points out of Feral Aggression and put them into Feral Instinct for the increased Swipe damage. Swipe is freaking OP on trash mobs and I use it quite a bit even on boss fights w/ adds. It's really nice to have for the Arena in the Thorim fight, for example.

This is my armory, though it's probably going to catch me in my LOLpvp gear as I've been doing BG's all night, but the spec is the same. I'm in my pve gear now as soon as the armory updates. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...=Edeas+Orphans

paws-
    some of the gear you have is better than my kitty, and some is worse: therefore i call that a wash.
    your spec needs some improvement.
    one thing a few people have brought up but i think is important is HC vs raid boss fights. i can do over 2k in my gear, but i never see great numbers until i hit a boss with over 500k hp. IMO feral rotation is one of the hardest to get considering everything that needs to be up to buff ur dps. i know you said you worked on a dummy, but if you cant break 2k on a dummy...maybe there is a serious problem with rotation. jut my .02

Quote Originally Posted by Goatonlb
    If it wasn't already mentioned. You do NOT need a yellow gem slot to put a yellow gem into it and activate your meta. Matching sockets is a bonus, not a must, and 75% of the time you're better off breaking the socket bonus in favor of a better gem (+20agil as someone mentioned previously).

So if you've got 3 sockets PERIOD - you've got enough for the meta. That meta bonus will be worth it.

Edit: Who thinks ArP is terrible for ferals again?
    apologies about the gem "socket", no excuse for me to get the better meta gem now.
    Again, many thanks for all your feedback, hope to show my hubby and the others i play with, that i can indeed "do better"
    kind regards

Make sure you use TF every time its up if you get below 30 energy, and shred on clearcast procs. Also, i nomrally get berserking on my feral, but...does mongoose even affect ferals?its on weapon swings, and we dont use that... hence why we dont level up weapon skills in forms
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Mongoose will work for us now (they changed it a little before WotLK came out) and it's the second best enchant atm for feral dps. Berserking takes top honors though. IMO Mongoose is for tanking, but it's not horrible for dps either. Just not as good as Berserking.

Hi folks
    Please help, first of all, yes i am a female
    Stopped reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgore
    Mongoose will work for us now (they changed it a little before WotLK came out) and it's the second best enchant atm for feral dps. Berserking takes top honors though. IMO Mongoose is for tanking, but it's not horrible for dps either. Just not as good as Berserking.
    As soon as i am gifted with luck (after many farming sprees of ToC hc), and get that blasted poleaxe i will indeed enchant it with berserking. Dont fancy wasting my precious gold on that until i get that drop.
    But will probably get out-rolled by another dps'er! /cry