Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Confused Holy priest

Ok so... I just came back to WoW recently and I noticed alot of post about how Mana Regen has changed and what Holy priests need to stack most.

Here is my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...odar&n=Surgery

I am thinking about getting the Evoker's charm neck peice instead of the Tear of Elune since it has Spirit rather than mp5.
    Altough in raids (btw i only do 10 mans) I never go OOM.

Should I stack more Haste? Crit? Spirit? Im so lost

Just curious how other holy priests think. Any tips would be helpful thanks

Re: Confused Holy priest

looking at your gear.. nothing has changed since you last played.. and I would have to say it's 50% personal preference.. if you have mana issues.. stack regen mp5 or spirit.. spirit gives a double bonus if you're holy... if your targets die often.. stack spell power/crit

just figure though regardless of the situation you can't really go wrong stacking spellpower and int

mp5=disc
    spirit=holy

however, mana shouldn't be a problem if you have a ret pally/spriest/hunter (I think I'm missing one class) in the group with Replenishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jÿnks
    mp5=disc
    spirit=holy

however, mana shouldn't be a problem if you have a ret pally/spriest/hunter (I think I'm missing one class) in the group with Replenishment.
    frost mage and destro lock
    Never wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gippal
    Ah, so I was missing 2. Thank you

Hmm,

Since you have 3 points in improved renew I'm assuming you use it a decent amount - so you should pick up a point in empowered renew, you need at least one point there to allow renew to be able to crit and proc holy concentration.

As for mp5, nobody really wants that - disc still prefers Int, holy still prefers spirit - both will take it though if the item is good enough.

I'm assuming from your gemming that you're trying to keep your gear viable for both holy & disc, in which case regen wise it looks good.

Holy prefers Spirit to MP/5 because it gives Spellpower, not because it gives better regen, since it actually gives about 20% less. However, since you do gain SP from Spirit, if you have a choice between two comparable items, you should take the one with Spirit. What you need to look at more is when looking at items that don't have any spirit, or MP/5. In that case you need to think about it a little bit. If you're under 30% crit it's probably worthwhile to grab a crit item with no spirit and the same goes for a haste item if you're under 14% haste. If you really need regen, then don't pass on spirit items and look to gem Int/Spirit. Once you break around 20k mana unbuffed you can stop gemming spirit and switch to gemming in a more standard way. Straight spellpower in red slots, Int/Haste/Crit in yellows and Crit/Spirit, or Int/Spirit to activate metas or grab spellpower socket bonuses.

Looking at your gear I'm slightly confused though. You're using the throughput gem, but then you're gemming mostly for Int/Spirit. If you're gearing for throughput you should be using all Spellpower gems, unless you have a 5 SP or more socket bonus. You have three in your shoulder, gloves and belt that are worth activating. You're also wasting several JC gems for off-stats. If what you're going through is throughput, which is how it looks, you should really regem almost entirely. Switch all the JC gems to spellpower, fill in the yellows needed for the SP socket bonuses with Crit and every other slot on your gear with SP gems. You'd gain about 150 SP and 55 crit rating and you'd just lose some regen... when you already say you don't OOM anyway.

If it comes to two items, one with MP/5 and one with Spirit you should take the one with Spirit. If you go Disc at any point you should not pay attention to MP/5 or Spirit and take whichever provides more throughput. Disc really doesn't have any mana problems, even in crap gear. For regen Int > MP/5 > Spirit, but Spirit offers more healing, so usually people prefer Int > Spirit and ignore MP/5 for Holy. Either way the only reason to gem it is for socket bonuses and meta activations, which you have neither of for Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Holy prefers Spirit to MP/5 because it gives Spellpower, not because it gives better regen, since it actually gives about 20% less.
    Assuming you are inside FSR 100% of the time which is never the case... and it's also highly dependant on how much Int and Spirit you have because the calculation uses those values to determine the mp/5 effect. This type of blanket statement is very misleading and over the long run spirit is a far better regen stat per iLvl even when leaving out the fact it adds to your SP.

15+ Year Old Account

Only big thing I see is switch your meta. The int/mana proc one is and always will be absolutely amazing. Could possibly drop some straight regen (spirit) gems if you switch.
    Also, another thing totally of the main topic, missing Guardian Spirit? It took me a while to get used to using it, but it is an amazing spell. It can save people that get into a bad spot, it can help you heal a tank if you fall behind, and with the glyph (assuming it doesn't trigger) it's only a 1min CD. I'd drop the point from Blessed Recovery for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gippal
    I've never seen a destro lock with the right talents. They're a bunch of selfish people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureliana
    I've never seen a destro lock with the right talents. They're a bunch of selfish people.
    cos its a tradeoff for better dps talents i think they lose a fail chunk of dps for them, we make ours spec it if no other has it, btu then have to endure a whole raid of omgi hate this fail spec, lol

(it gets even worse if he tops any dps meters with that spec too...)
    Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    about what class to play, i see players here are giving advices:
    mage - i donno how it's high lvl but my mage of lvl 30 is with a lot of downtime for mana(mages are like irish warriors, drink fight and drink and fight)

I always run with my replenishment talents. Theres so much Hit on gear nowadays there is no reason to spend talent points on it. Soooo Kiss my bum.

-Destro Lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis
    Only big thing I see is switch your meta. The int/mana proc one is and always will be absolutely amazing. Could possibly drop some straight regen (spirit) gems if you switch
    Personally I use the Insightful Earthsiege Diamond meta on both of my healers, but I wouldn't say it's a huge difference, especially if you already don't have mana issues. At 1050 int, the 2% is equal to the 21 int from IED, so with the OPs gear and raid buffs, you actually wind up with more int than using IED. The trade offs then are the 21 spell power and the 600 mana procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis
    Only big thing I see is switch your meta. The int/mana proc one is and always will be absolutely amazing. Could possibly drop some straight regen (spirit) gems if you switch.
    Also, another thing totally of the main topic, missing Guardian Spirit? It took me a while to get used to using it, but it is an amazing spell. It can save people that get into a bad spot, it can help you heal a tank if you fall behind, and with the glyph (assuming it doesn't trigger) it's only a 1min CD. I'd drop the point from Blessed Recovery for it.
    Thanks, I'll drop a point in Empowered Renew and pick up GS. I had it and just recently respeced because I rarely used it.
    As for the Meta gem, I will wait until I get the T9 Helm and play around with the IED

Quote Originally Posted by Jonisawsom
    Personally I use the Insightful Earthsiege Diamond meta on both of my healers, but I wouldn't say it's a huge difference, especially if you already don't have mana issues. At 1050 int, the 2% is equal to the 21 int from IED, so with the OPs gear and raid buffs, you actually wind up with more int than using IED. The trade offs then are the 21 spell power and the 600 mana procs.
    Better to have and not need than need and not have. For H ToC10 last night I got 78k mana back from it. 2% mana is pretty static and essentially only helps you in the beginning and gives you a tad more from replenishment.

ember earthsiege diamond

my priests use that gem i like the bonus int but not if you at the lower gearing scale once you get higher ilevel gear with nice amounts of int then that gem shines

i am talking in the 1200-1300 range will add about 25-30 befor buffs and since it will scale with buffs

Was i the only person thinking all holy priests were confused?

Come on you thought it too when you read the title!

To be relevant but still less informative though, go for spirit. Even more so if you dont have mana issues in your setup.
    Born under the Discipline tree.

Intellect is the best stat for manaregen for raiding, for any class, assuming full raidbuffs. It also gives crit.
    MP5 is the best stat for manaregen for low-geared players, but is surpassed by intellect around naxx levels.
    Spirit is never the best stat for manaregen for anyone, but a holypriests get spellpower from it as well. This makes it a very effective stat in terms of returns per itemization point spent.

I personally estimate all three stats equal at my gearlevel (early T9).
    1 MP5 = 2 spirit = 2 intellect; either choice gives around 1 MP5 worth of regen.

But ultimately, this isn't always true.
    Int will fail if you don't get full raidbuffs.
    Spirit may be awesome if you get regen breaks in phase transitions.
    It will really depend on the situation.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Then you play with bad warlocks since imp. soul leech (replenishment) spec is the best spec dps-wise.

Atleast that was the case pre 3.2.

Quote Originally Posted by DaruneAlbane
    ember earthsiege diamond

my priests use that gem i like the bonus int but not if you at the lower gearing scale once you get higher ilevel gear with nice amounts of int then that gem shines

i am talking in the 1200-1300 range will add about 25-30 befor buffs and since it will scale with buffs
    You mean the ember skyflare? Even for a disc priest it's inferior to the IED with currently achievable gear. For holy it's much worse, you just can't get enough Int to make the regen superior to the proc from IED.

The proc is worth 70MP5, which would take you 3.5 other sockets to get from gems. 21 Int is close enough to 2% of your total with current gear that you have to figure that 70 MP5 is worth less than 25 SP and maybe 10 extra Int. If you think that then I have a bridge you might want to buy.