Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: How do I teach my Huntard BF not to be a noob?

Quote Originally Posted by tjcookier
    I think youre demanding way to much of him to fast. It's his first character, and deeming from his play he obviously haven't played any game remotely similar to WoW before. Imagine how you ran around on your first toon, with all the new keys, emotes and all that crap to learn in Vanilla 2005... It was a heck of a job as a warlock just to find your drinks in bag after summoned pet, selfbuffed etc so your mana/hp was low.

Just the movement and "getting an eye" for it takes some time. Although he is lvl64 he have killed his fair share of mobs but still.. What we percieve as obvious he might not... yet.
    my first toon was a hunter, i only got him to 58 b4 wrath came out and I mastered it beforehand. It's not that hard.
    (he is 71 atm he is gona be my 3rd 80) and depending on how you are questing (guide) it can be very hard to find a decent bow (I only found 1 or 2 crappy bows in Outland and all guns or Xbows so i used one from lvl 56 for a while untill 67)
    (P.s if your ally i can help your Bf on one of my alts on that server i have a lvl 62 dk (friends server) all my mains are on Thrall tho and ally)
    Edit#2 My hunter is Corporal Raegon on Thrall just in case you wondering if i really have a hunter
    (I'm so proud of that title! considering i only played alts in Bc and only for 1 month b4 stopping again)

It takes a certain motivation to become good at something. If his only motivation to play WoW comes from trying to satisfy you, then his in-game goals won't be high. To become good, he needs to have his own reasons to play.

The question is, do you want your BF to play for your sake, or his own. Consider the effects on your relationship, if he turned in to an "elitist" who plays to upgrade itemstats more than playing to spend time with you.
    Whining about WoW since closed beta.
    Retired from WoW since patch 4.0.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooticus
    I'd refer him to a hunter guide. Even good players get better by looking at a guide. In fact, everyone here calling him an idiot has probably looked at a guide at least once.
    Ye, i dont think so, i learned everything by doing it myself. Of course reading how others do thing different may help you be a little better, but if you looked into a guide then you fail imo.

Quote Originally Posted by epilepzi
    Unless he reroll a faceroll dps class such as RetDin, DK or EnhShaman I think he's screwed.
    hehehe....did I really just read "Enh shaman is faceroll" ?

On topic, take him through some instances or get him involved in pvp, he'll quickly learn if you use meters and assist him with what's wrong, or point him to a hunter guide, that using certain abilities is far better then using others.

Ye, i dont think so, i learned everything by doing it myself. Of course reading how others do thing different may help you be a little better, but if you looked into a guide then you fail imo.

I am 99% sure you're a scrub that fails at raiding and doesn't really know anything about her class other than the abilities that can be read from the tooltip. You probably also don't have any addons so you think you're better than people who do (you only don't have them because as a casual you don't have any need for them except maybe questhelper).

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zuldain
    Hunters, Like all classes are easy to learn and play.
    Easy to learn, Hard to master.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    Easy to learn, Hard to master.
    QFTW! Well said.

either you are a troll, or your boyfriend is quite.. slow?

for me learning how to use my hunter was easy, but learning how to dps well took me longer.

if he cant understand th basic concept of AGI>AP>whatever for leveling then i dont know. tell him that his hunter is supposed to be agile, so he needs agility and such lorecrap, some people need it...

well good luck and HF.

Throw him away and get someone who can play hunter *wink wink*

No but on a more serious note, he sounds like a hopeless case tbh, if he has played until lvl 64 and still havent catched the basics something is not were it should be. Make him try other classes, probably with the same results but you never know,

rofl @ headline