Re: Shaman ideas for new abilities/talents

Elemental

Fork Lightning
    ~30% base mana
    ~2 second cast
    ~6 second cooldown
    ~Same Ceo as Chain lightning
    ~35 yard range

Hurls a lightning bolt at the enemy, dealing 873 to 911 Nature damage. The lightning bolt will fork and hit all targets with in 10 yards of the original target.

Notes: Idea is for shamans to Weave Fork, chain, and lightning bolt when wanting to AoE.

Summon Storm (An Improved Thunderstorm Talent. It is a different spell but it is linked to thunderstorm. 1/1)
    ~8% Base mana
    ~Instant Cast
    ~45 Second cooldown(sharded with the normal thunderstorm)
    ~Same Ceo as Thunderstorm
    ~35 yard range

You call down a bolts of lightning in a target area with in 35 yards of you. Deals 1450 to 1656 Nature damage to all nearby enemies, knocking them back 20 yards.

Enhancement

Earthquak (version 1)
    ~20% base mana
    ~5 Second channel
    ~10 seconds cooldown
    ~Just around you

Slam your weapons into the ground, causing Earthquaks, damaging targets in range for 3214 to 3561 nature damage to all nearby enemies over 6 seconds. Enemies effected by the earthquak will become Dazed and will also randomly fall down.

Notes: Tics every 1 seconds for 535 to 593 damage. Hurricane does more damage but takes a longer channel. 8 tics of hurricane > all the tics of This version of Earthquak.

Earthquak (version 2)
    ~26% base mana
    ~3 cast time (effected by mealstorm weapon)
    ~10 seconds cooldown
    ~Just around you

Slam your weapons into the ground, causing Earthquaks, damaging targets in range for 1111 to 1032 nature damage to all nearby enemies over 3 seconds. Enemies effected by the earthquak will become Dazed and will also randomly fall down.

For someone who claims to know alot about this class your talent ideas are TERRIBLE in almost every aspect. Not to mention Blizzard has already said that there will not be any new talents released in Cataclysm. So why are you wasting your time?

The fact that you said your in one of the top 20 guilds based on your "knowledge" of shaman makes me laugh. Either you snuck in under the radar or your guild doesnt really recruite based on knowledge of the class as much as class-specc and gear.

Edit: Just looking at the above posts 90% of the people in this thread have no idea how talents work.

Some of it is interesting, some of it I'm going to tear into a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyggie
    Lets start with Elemental.

Call of the Elements(2 talents)

Allows you to summon both the Earthen elemental and the Fire elemental at the same time, reduces the cooldown by 2/4 minutes and reduces the time they assist you by 60/45 seconds. You are no longer able to heal these elementals. If no target is available for them to attack, they will turn on each other until destroied.
    Could be interesting if it worked off the Earth totem, a big damage CD and lots of fun for Ele shamans.

Totemic concentration: 1 point talent
    Allows the shaman to place Earthbind totem, Magma totem, Healing Stream totem, and cleansing totem anywhere around them within 20 yards, in addition, reduces the mana cost of all totems by 5%

Static Electricity: 5/5 point talents
    While using Chain Lightning, Lightning bolt, or Earth shock, you have a 15% chance to gain a static charge. When you reach 5 charges, your next lightning spell will benefit an additional 3/6/9/12/15% off your spell power
    Totemic concentration is something that would be nice for all shamans to have baseline, Static Electricity seems a little too RNG and also under budget, 3 pts 20-25% chance to proc would be a little better.

Enhancement

Frenzied Spirit 2/2 talent
    Your wolves now have the scent for blood. Their overall damage is increased by 10/20% but last 5/10 seconds less. In addition, you and your wolves also gain an additional 5/10% speed increase from Spirit Walk
    Trade +20% damage for -22% uptime and 2 talent points, no thanks. Especially since you just halved the spirit walk opportunities per feral spirit CD.

Totems of Iron 3/3 talent
    Your totems are now empowered. Your party gains an additional 2% bonus health while each totem is down and also increases the overall effectiveness of Strength of Earth totem, Windfury totem, and Magma totem by an additional 3/6/10%. In addition, your totems are now coated in Iron
    Would have to be balanced against the DK buffs, alternately I would love to see Imp WF and Enhancing Totems combined into something like this.

Wild Wind 1/1 talent 2 min cooldown, lasts 30 seconds
    After your weapon deals damage with windfury, for the next 4 seconds your melee attacks deal an additional 2% damage per charge of Lightning Shield you have up
    Seems like a pointless burst talent, cast when you refresh your lightning shield for a slight delay followed by high % uptime 18-14% damage increase. I feel like you don't really understand how long it takes to actually remove a shield charge with a 6% chance on melee hit.

Restoration

Natures' good deed 1/1 talents
    If you critically heal with Chain Heal on 2 or more targets, Nature grants you a favor, casting an additional chain heal to the lowest health party member within 25 yards and jumps to 2 additional nearby targets as well. This talent triggers no global cooldown. (15 second internal cooldown)

Way of Mist 1/1 talents (15 second cooldown)
    You launch a wall of mist hitting up to 5 targets infront of you healing each of them for 1946 to 2441 and an additional 343 - 556 every 2 seconds for 12 sec. If the mist hits an enemy, it deals 398 to 462 and an additional 132 to 144 damage every 2 seconds for 12 seconds. This effect consumes Earthliving if on an effected healed target.

Natures' Beacon 1/1 talents (2 minute cooldown)
    You place a beacon of Nature on a target. For your next 2 chain heals, they will be casted at the beacons location and will be able to heal targets 40 yards from the beacon. The beacon and the shaman do not need to be in line of sight of each other. However, the beacon and the shaman must be within 80 yards of each other.

Ancestral Sacrifice: 1/1 talents (5 minute cooldown)
    You sacrifice the power of earth, fire, water, and air to create a barrier of elemental protection. Standing within this barrier will reduce all magic effects taken by 40% with a maximum of 28224 damage being taken before the wall is destroied. You may not use any totems for 20 seconds after this move has been used.
    Most of that just seems overpowered/copied from other classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunak
    For someone who claims to know alot about this class your talent ideas are TERRIBLE in almost every aspect. Not to mention Blizzard has already said that there will not be any new talents released in Cataclysm. So why are you wasting your time?

The fact that you said your in one of the top 20 guilds based on your "knowledge" of shaman makes me laugh. Either you snuck in under the radar or your guild doesnt really recruite based on knowledge of the class as much as class-specc and gear.

Edit: Just looking at the above posts 90% of the people in this thread have no idea how talents work.
    If they are going to remove all of our "uninteresting" +%damage talents they are going to have to rework the current trees, what they meant is there will be no 56 pt talent. Its also pretty obvious when you consider everyone gets 5 more points, but some people really have nowhere to spend them that's worth anything (dps shaman for example), whereas all pures, for example, can easily spend 5 more points and get more damage. I would say you actually don't know all that much about it in reality.
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    If they are going to remove all of our "uninteresting" +%damage talents they are going to have to rework the current trees, what they meant is there will be no 56 pt talent. Its also pretty obvious when you consider everyone gets 5 more points, but some people really have nowhere to spend them that's worth anything (dps shaman for example), whereas all pures, for example, can easily spend 5 more points and get more damage. I would say you actually don't know all that much about it in reality.
    Regardless his talent ideas are sloppy at best. Elemental buffing the worthless 10 minute fire and earth elemental totems? That's moronic, they get practically 0 use in PvP or PvE and his talent basically ensures they get less use.

I know what Blizzard said, but it means we're gunna have more talents like Juggernaut (charge use = 25% more crit chance on MS) or Lightning overload rather then just a straigh Lightning bolt does 1/2/3/4/5% more damage. His talenst are mostly on use and retardedly bad or retardedly overpowered, or blatantly copied from existing talents from other classes aka NOT original.

Regardless his talent ideas are sloppy at best. Elemental buffing the worthless 10 minute fire and earth elemental totems? That's moronic, they get practically 0 use in PvP or PvE and his talent basically ensures they get less use.

I know what Blizzard said, but it means we're gunna have more talents like Juggernaut (charge use = 25% more crit chance on MS) or Lightning overload rather then just a straigh Lightning bolt does 1/2/3/4/5% more damage. His talenst are mostly on use and retardedly bad or retardedly overpowered, or blatantly copied from existing talents from other classes aka NOT original.
    He has 0 talents that are X does Y% more damage (well maybe the change to Feral Spirit). On use abilities are interesting, use them well and you can save yourself/a raid/increase your damage by a large portion. All talented spells are "on use" some of them are exceptionally popular, like guardian spirit.

As far as the elemental changes go, if, as I suggested, that spell is tied to the earth totem, Ele Shams would get to use their fire elementals in PvE for the first time, that's fun and interesting. Btw fire ele dps is actually quite strong atm, have a resto/enhance shaman pop it next raid you are in. I checked once, I think fire ele did 700 dps as enh against a dummy. Not sure if he was hitting other dummies though. They scale off spellpower so that represents at least a 1500 dps temporary boost for an Ele shaman, possibly more than 2k. I'm not terribly concerned with the talents effectiveness in pvp seeing as how no shamans can use elementals in arena now anyway.

Also please get a spell checker for your browser. Alot straigh, and gunna are not words. Retardedly makes my brain hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    He has 0 talents that are X does Y% more damage (well maybe the change to Feral Spirit). On use abilities are interesting, use them well and you can save yourself/a raid/increase your damage by a large portion. All talented spells are "on use" some of them are exceptionally popular, like guardian spirit.

As far as the elemental changes go, if, as I suggested, that spell is tied to the earth totem, Ele Shams would get to use their fire elementals in PvE for the first time, that's fun and interesting. Btw fire ele dps is actually quite strong atm, have a resto/enhance shaman pop it next raid you are in. I checked once, I think fire ele did 700 dps as enh against a dummy. Not sure if he was hitting other dummies though. They scale off spellpower so that represents at least a 1500 dps temporary boost for an Ele shaman, possibly more than 2k. I'm not terribly concerned with the talents effectiveness in pvp seeing as how no shamans can use elementals in arena now anyway.

Also please get a spell checker for your browser. Alot straigh, and gunna are not words. Retardedly makes my brain hurt.
    Ahah I'll tell you what makes my head hurt. How anyone claiming to know alot about this class could come up with such piss poor, un-original talents. Spell checker? ROFL. My MMO-forum responce window likes to skip up and down constantly when I got past a certain length in my post, so it's kinda hard to be spell checking myself under those cercumstances. Why dont you get a clue about how shaman mechanics work before you go posting anymore trash? Even better why dont you try to make a list of talents that isnt COMPLETELY biased.

A non controllable pet on a 10 minute cooldown that Blizzard has admited was implemented poorly is not a good use of talent points by any means, especially not in a raid situation. Coming from somone in one of the "top 20 guilds" you should know this. I'd stop while your ahead pal, your making yourself look stupid.

Ahah I'll tell you what makes my head hurt. How anyone claiming to know alot about this class could come up with such piss poor, un-original talents. Spell checker? ROFL. My MMO-forum responce window likes to skip up and down constantly when I got past a certain length in my post, so it's kinda hard to be spell checking myself under those cercumstances. Why dont you get a clue about how shaman mechanics work before you go posting anymore trash? Even better why dont you try to make a list of talents that isnt COMPLETELY biased.

A non controllable pet on a 10 minute cooldown that Blizzard has admited was implemented poorly is not a good use of talent points by any means, especially not in a raid situation. Coming from somone in one of the "top 20 guilds" you should know this. I'd stop while your ahead pal, your making yourself look stupid.
    I am not the OP, nice try. Eight more misspellings in that post, and that's the second time you have used "your" when you meant "you're". I'm just trying to help you communicate better.

You say I don't know "how shaman mechanics work". The language is dismissive without reason, this is the mark of a troll. Be constructive or at least get off a thread of suggested new talents. If you check earlier I already stated what I did and didn't like about his ideas, constructively, instead of dismissing them.

Alright lets get crtack-a-lackin' on the flames.

Tunak. Let me start off by stating very clearly.

FUCK YOU?

This is a fucking fun thread because I was bored and some shit I (THIS MEANS ME. NOT YOU) would find interesting to the game. I didnt ask for your piss poor excuse for critisism. Id LOVE for you to link your armory. Im sure we can all expect a lvl 52 BRD-farming guild. Shut the fuck up and get off my thread

My ideas were made up on the spot of shit I find interesting. I didn't farging research anything.

Recycled spells? CLEARLY. Have you even fucking plaied WoW since release day? Every fucking class recycles itself to another. Shut the fuck up about shit your so absolutely retarded about and open up ur WoW and heal ur fucking BRD group, jesus crist. I sware some kids come on purely to be an asshole to other people.

this just in shamans now can do everything PLUS buff's more aoe's 2 pets , lets even give them a stealth while your at it.. NO
    This user has been banned.

If talents are not mentioned they are either removed and given passively as you invest more point into the tree (as Blizz stated would happen) or they simply do not change and meet the requirements of the new talent philosophy.
    Tier 1
    Concussion - The target takes an additional 4/8/12/16/20% nature damage over 6 seconds after dealing a critical strike with Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning.

Improved Purge - Reduces the mana cost of purge by 2/4/6%. In addition Purge will now reduce the movement speed of targets by 30% for 3 seconds. The target regains 10% movement speed each second for 3 seconds. Deals 1856-2376 to summoned units.

Tier 2
    Elemental Warding -Whenever one of your Water or Lightning shield orbs are removed or dispelled the shaman gains an elemental shield absorbing damage equal to x% of the shaman's current health. The lower the shamans current health the more damage will be absorbed up to a maximum of x.

Elemental Devestation - Your chance to critically hit with shock spells is increased by 15/30/50% whenever you score a crital strike with Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Lava Burst or Thunderstorm.

Tier 3 & 4
    (Unchanged)

Earthen Protection (Resto)- When your Earthliving finish's its duriation it will reduce damage taken on the target by by 4/8/12/16/20% this cannot occur more then once every 30 seconds

Tier 5

Call of Thunder - Increases the critical strike chance of Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning and thunderstorm by 5%. In addition whenever you cast Thunderstorm you gain Storm Surge. While Storm Surge is active the shaman takes 20% less damage from all sources and deals an additional 5% damage with Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning and Lava Burst. 1 charge is expelled for each damaging attack made against or by the shaman. (4 charges, lasts 35 seconds)

Tier 6, 7 & 8
    (unchanged)

Tier 9

Blessing of the Elements - Whenever you critically strike with Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Thunderstorm or shock spells you have a 5/10/15/20/25% chance to finish the cooldown on your Lava Burst. In addition reduces the cast time of your next Lava Burst or Healing Wave spell by 100% but incapable of critical strike.

Dear Zyggie:
    -Your so called talents are an insult to every shaman player, you managed to make up talents you thought where interesting ,which they are tho sadly they're completely useless and/or stupid and/or overpowered to booth and/or a nerf.

-For someone as *skilled* as yourself you made up one of the stupidest talents possible: *Call of Elements*.

-All the Enhancement and one of the Elemental's talents are mainly for PVP use which makes me believe you are more of a pvp player than PvE, if you knew as much as you claim to know you would have mixed talents(the resto bubble talent also leans towards pvp tho it has some use for pve).

-If you weren't all talk you would have made up talents that where a bit more balanced and whithin the classe's parameters (not just take ideas from trinkets and other classes's spells); you would have done your maths : windfury has a 2.6 seconds cooldown...if you knew your class you wouldn't have made Wild Wind (tho the idea is good it's not made for enhancement); Totems of Iron needs rephrasing, with the heath increase part I believe you mean that for each totem down the party gains +2% of health (which is overpowered) OR that if you have all 4 totems up the party gains +2% health, also finish what you started, if the totems are coated in iron what does it do? for all I care it could be coated in Steel and still be 1 shoted; Frenzied Spirit I mean what the hell?the wolves don't need buffing and also the talent is more of a nerf than a buff, my wolves can do more damage if they last during the full effect of the skill than with a 20% buff, also the speed boost points yet again that you are more leaned towards pvp than pve...as it is useless in pve.

So basically you're giving restos a DK bubble, a pally beacon, a healing typhoon, and an upgraded ancestral awakening?

I love class homogenizing.

-This summs up resto quite nicely.

-I'm not gonna bother whit elemental since it's been commented over and over again in this thread.

-For someone playing in one of the top 20 US servers you make some interesting spelling mistakes, you switch your *y*s whit *i*s and you make at least one spelling mistake in every post,but I can understand that, it's probably not your mother tongue.

-By now you must be asking yourself why I'm doing this, its simple:
    Alright lets get crtack-a-lackin' on the flames.

Tunak. Let me start off by stating very clearly.

FUCK YOU?

This is a fucking fun thread because I was bored and some shit I (THIS MEANS ME. NOT YOU) would find interesting to the game. I didnt ask for your piss poor excuse for critisism. Id LOVE for you to link your armory. Im sure we can all expect a lvl 52 BRD-farming guild. Shut the fuck up and get off my thread

My ideas were made up on the spot of shit I find interesting. I didn't farging research anything.

Recycled spells? CLEARLY. Have you even fucking plaied WoW since release day? Every fucking class recycles itself to another. Shut the fuck up about shit your so absolutely retarded about and open up ur WoW and heal ur fucking BRD group, jesus crist. I sware some kids come on purely to be an asshole to other people.

-I can't stand this sort of attitude, it also proves your all talk as you go around cursing like a sailor just because someone commented your work, grow up you sound like a spoiled 14 year old brat.

Have you even fucking plaied WoW since release day?
    Yes I have and it's played not plaied.

Every fucking class recycles itself to another.
    -Not necessarily, Paladin hasn't recycled itself onto anything and shaman hasn't(that I know of I might be wrong).

Id LOVE for you to link your armory.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nd&n=Gorgarath
    -There you go have fun with it, care to link me yours?The reason I'm not in a guild is because I'm on a break from WoW since pre 3.2 as I found this patch poorly elaborated and insulting.

I sware some kids come on purely to be an asshole to other people.

-I'm 18 and its written *swear* not *swar*.

Druids and Shamans are never on the "A teams" for top arena contests, as shown on MANY different levels.
    -Druids have nothing to do on this thread, they may not be on the A teams but they can still beat the lights out of many classes in feral, and a resto druid is probably the second best healer for arenas, as long as your team doesn't have a dispel your gonna have a hard time doing permanent damage.You have quite an interest on pvp do you?

The beacon quite different than my Natures' beacon. Mine allows the next TWO chain heals to start the origional cast at the beacon. In many fights, like yogg-0 we have alot of melee spread out groups and I can't quite reach them. Its 2 heals with a 5 minute CD. It doesn't last a minute and effect the party.
    -I've seen fight of Yogg hard mode on youtube, I can also examine the fights and see what goes wrong and what doesn't, you don't have to be there to know that a *beacon* skill would be usefull, sadly it's a pally exclusive and although it's not the same as the original beacon it works in a similar way also if melee groups are spread out you can't possibly think you can heal everything or make you chain heal jump its 3 times all the time(its 3 right? never played resto long enough to memorize it(also it's original not origional tho tiping mistakes happen)).

lol I don't see the abilities I put forth completely overpowered considering the expansion, the damage output we will see from the other classes and of course... Resto druids.
    Oh so now they're overpowered?I don't get you (druids I mean).Also I think blizz is gonna make it like good ol' times: +health and -damage.

-And my own spelling contains mistakes because I barely have 2 school years of english on my back.Have a nice day.

Edit: don't be a jerk.

Gorgarath pretty much just ripped his trousers completely off. Pulled his underpants down to his ankles and shat all over the OP.

/thread.

Lets start with Elemental.

Call of the Elements(2 talents)

Allows you to summon both the Earthen elemental and the Fire elemental at the same time, reduces the cooldown by 2/4 minutes and reduces the time they assist you by 60/45 seconds. You are no longer able to heal these elementals. If no target is available for them to attack, they will turn on each other until destroied.
    This idea isnt good, the spell isnt good, the elementals aint that good even before you nerfed them to the ground, they are mostly only useful for questing and tough pvp situations in their normal form.

cooldown is still too long, cant use in arena. You cant heal them, they suck for solo questing again, they will start fightning eachother so only for one fight i guess.

They replace their respective totems, which all in all has made these two elementals one of the most useless spells in wow already, except for soloing elite quests.

its SHIT

Totemic concentration: 1 point talent
    Allows the shaman to place Earthbind totem, Magma totem, Healing Stream totem, and cleansing totem anywhere around them within 20 yards, in addition, reduces the mana cost of all totems by 5%
    This could work somehow, but i still dont like it too much. Why would you have a need for placing your cleansing or healing stream totem 20 yards away from yourself? You usually wouldnt, and you would usually use the 4totem button for them anyway.

For the earthbind totem this could be slightly useful, but when you have to point and target where to place the totem yourself, it would just get too messy and most people would just use the totem the normal way instead.

its SHIT

Static Electricity: 5/5 point talents
    While using Chain Lightning, Lightning bolt, or Earth shock, you have a 15% chance to gain a static charge. When you reach 5 charges, your next lightning spell will benefit an additional 3/6/9/12/15% off your spell power
    NOBODY with a IQ above 30 would spend 5 points in this talent since its dps output per point probably is below 0.1%(i didnt do the math) Common sense would tell you that this talent sucks even if it was 1/1 giving the same benefits. Its like a in-between version of "Lightning Overload" and "Shamanism" the only difference beeing that it totally sucks.

its SHIT

My Conclusion: You either have no idea what you're doing or you really hate Elemental.

Enhancement

Frenzied Spirit 2/2 talent
    Your wolves now have the scent for blood. Their overall damage is increased by 10/20% but last 5/10 seconds less. In addition, you and your wolves also gain an additional 5/10% speed increase from Spirit Walk
    This talent would actually be good, but i believe it would also be slightly overpowered and not what enh shamans want. Buffing the wolves that are already supergoodzomgpewpew isnt a good idea. I'd rather not improve the wolves any further, and improve the enhancement shaman whilst the wolves are not active.

Also, you reduced their duration making nobody ever want this talent anyway, you took an idea and you pissed on it afterwards.

Enh shaman right now = pew pew crazytrain while wolves are up, and lackluster while they are not.

its SHIT

Totems of Iron 3/3 talent
    Your totems are now empowered. Your party gains an additional 2% bonus health while each totem is down and also increases the overall effectiveness of Strength of Earth totem, Windfury totem, and Magma totem by an additional 3/6/10%. In addition, your totems are now coated in Iron
    This isnt a bad idea, it would make raidleaders always put enhancement shamans in the same group as the tanks all the time (if the thing stacks with other buffs) , i dont believe blizzard would support this though.
    and WHY are they coated in iron?
    tbh, it sucks..

Wild Wind 1/1 talent 2 min cooldown, lasts 30 seconds
    After your weapon deals damage with windfury, for the next 4 seconds your melee attacks deal an additional 2% damage per charge of Lightning Shield you have up
    Bit boring, Blizzard wanted less "2% more dmg from X" talents, and more "fun" and "useful" talents. So does the community. The idea isnt bad, but neither is "increases your critical strike chance by 5% after critting with X", but its boring.

its UNIMAGINATIVE

Restoration

Natures' good deed 1/1 talents
    If you critically heal with Chain Heal on 2 or more targets, Nature grants you a favor, casting an additional chain heal to the lowest health party member within 25 yards and jumps to 2 additional nearby targets as well. This talent triggers no global cooldown. (15 second internal cooldown)

Way of Mist 1/1 talents (15 second cooldown)
    You launch a wall of mist hitting up to 5 targets infront of you healing each of them for 1946 to 2441 and an additional 343 - 556 every 2 seconds for 12 sec. If the mist hits an enemy, it deals 398 to 462 and an additional 132 to 144 damage every 2 seconds for 12 seconds. This effect consumes Earthliving if on an effected healed target.
    These two aint bad, i actually like them. wtf

Natures' Beacon 1/1 talents (2 minute cooldown)
    You place a beacon of Nature on a target. For your next 2 chain heals, they will be casted at the beacons location and will be able to heal targets 40 yards from the beacon. The beacon and the shaman do not need to be in line of sight of each other. However, the beacon and the shaman must be within 80 yards of each other.

Ancestral Sacrifice: 1/1 talents (5 minute cooldown)
    You sacrifice the power of earth, fire, water, and air to create a barrier of elemental protection. Standing within this barrier will reduce all magic effects taken by 40% with a maximum of 28224 damage being taken before the wall is destroied. You may not use any totems for 20 seconds after this move has been used.
    #1 too much text, so little use, so easy to exploit.

#2 AMS much?

OVERALL

Thanks for viewing my topic. I've been playing a shaman since release. Started with Orc and then drifted off to alliance. My shaman skills and knowledge of my class has rolled me into a top 20 US guild and I am most happy with my home and the achievements I have earned with this game. I have plaied all 3 specs weather it was Sunwell, Molten Core, or Ulduar. I hope you like some of my ideas.
    Lets assume youre not lying here. You've been playing since release , and is in a top 20 US guild, and have played all three specs in sunwell, MC and Ulduar, STILL you manage to come up with useless ideas and ideas that give a 0.1% dps increase for 5 points?

I just dont get it, HOW? THIS SUCKS, its just not believable that the person who wrote this has ever even played past level 10, and spent a single talent point. WHAT THE F("¤"?

Long time since i flamed anyone for anything, it felt good. Thank you

Oh and Gorgarath, you beat me too it :P not a very good 1st impression of a person on the forum with that as an 1st post though ^^
    Don't Fwoosh me.

Mmmm lets see, first off this thread is called new talents and abilities. Meaning that he can post new abilities since we are going to get 3 new abilities in this x-pack just like all the other classes.

Also at blizzcon they said trim down and rework some talent trees. If you think they are going to leave every single talent in the same location and just rework it so it doesn't get +x damage or something like that, then you are dreadfully wrong. Blizzard is going to reworks parts of the trees to stop some of the hybrid crazy builds or otherthings that might become avalible to classes with just 5 extra talent points and no tree expansion.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Enveloping Winds: Enhancement Talent
    Passive
    Your Windfury attack envelops you in wind, reducing damage taken of the next attack on you by 25% of the combined windfury damage. Lasts 3 seconds or 1 charge. Maximum absorbtion cannot exceed 15% of your total health. 6 second cooldown.
    -Survival, and less healing required in pve scenario

Blossoming Wave: Resto Spell
    Instant. Mid-High cost. 10 yard range. 20 sec cooldown
    Let forth a cone-shaped wave which heals friendly targets for a low amount and dazes enemy targets for 3 seconds. Healing increased by 30% if the friendly target is affected by Earthliving and refreshes the Earthliving effect.
    -Instant
    -Semi-OHSHIT button
    -Usability by other specs as well

Downpour: Resto Talent
    Passive
    Critical heals made with Healing Wave or the initial cast of Chain Heal cause a downpour at the target's location. This downpour causes 30% of the total healing down by Healing Wave to rain upon nearby friendly targets, healing them every second for 5 seconds. Healing done is evenly distributed, and can heal up to a maximum up 5 targets.
    -Give back our AOE niche
    -Some healing done even while we're not there.
    -Smart healing

Edit: Some more:

Static Field: Elemental spell
    Short cast (1.5). Mid Cost. 30 yards. 12 sec cooldown.
    You throw 6 lightning orbs to the target which protect the friendly target, dealing damage to all enemy targets within 12 yards every second, for 6 seconds. Cannot be cast on self.
    -Some direct group utility instead of more passive lame ass buffs
    -AOE DAMAGE HOOOOOOOooooooooooooo
    -These shields CAN crit

Earthquake: Enhancement spell
    Long cast (3.0). High cost. 30 yards. 15 sec cooldown
    You cause the ground to tremble and break in a 8 yard radius, dealing mid-high nature damage every second for 8 seconds. Enemy targets hit by the initial blast of the Earthquake are stunned for 2 seconds and dazed while inside the Earthquake area.
    -Shadowfury and Flamestrike mixed. Even though copypasta, i still like it.
    -Instant cast through Maelstrom wep
    -Finally SOME control in the form of a CONTROLLED stun!!!

Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Ya, your ideas kinda suck.
    The resto changes are overpowered as hell. i would love to see earthliving hot/riptide hot being able to Crit heal instead of copying other class ideas. maybe giving the Tidal Force talent more charges/ giving a glyph that increases it to give us even more burst healing(like we need it lmao)
    the only thing i think enhancement needs is a cleave from ss/ll to help it out it aoe fights.
    and ele could really use some dots to mix into the rotation kinda like what immolate does for locks( ya i know its copying but hell anything else would be even more op)

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by samsite
    Ya, your ideas kinda suck.
    The resto changes are overpowered as hell. i would love to see earthliving hot/riptide hot being able to Crit heal instead of copying other class ideas. maybe giving the Tidal Force talent more charges/ giving a glyph that increases it to give us even more burst healing(like we need it lmao)
    the only thing i think enhancement needs is a cleave from ss/ll to help it out it aoe fights.
    and ele could really use some dots to mix into the rotation kinda like what immolate does for locks( ya i know its copying but hell anything else would be even more op)
    Saying someone's ideas suck is worthless.

Criticizing your arguments is actually intelligent.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~