Need some advice/guidance

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...27tar&n=Riltia

^ Using... Spec 1!

Well, I think I've got slight mana issues (nothing dreadful, I just find myself sat at <50% a lot) but I don't think I'm too far from where I should be. I just want to make sure I'm roughly on the right track.

Also, should I get a shadow offspec for dailies and maybe the odd DPS run?

>Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Need some advice/guidance

You are on the right track, just keep farming heroic and get t8.

Maybe change some gem to SP+Spirit or SP+Int

Spec: Dont need "Desperate Prayer" get 3/3 Imp Healing.. try this spec http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVcbuZcxxcfMqih0euVo

I hope this help u in someway

If you're really having problems with mana you'd go with an 18/53 variant. This spec has the best mana conservation for Holy. It's not the best for Heroics though, if you tend to do a lot of that. Your mana is also pretty low, so you may want to shift gems over to Int and Int/Spirit.

I'll certainly give them a go, and sort out the gems. Thanks

You're just undergeared and you have made some questionable gem choices. Your spec isn't too bad although not my preferred spec but the Holy tree is one of the more grey trees out of all the classes.

Look at using Int/Spirit or SP/Int gems, I actually use pure spirit in blue but I don't prescribe to the idea that spirit is bad. If you at least use these 2 gems you are balancing your spirit and int which should give you a lot better longevity.

You should really think about picking up Blessed Resilence at the expense of Empowered Healing. I actually run a 2/5 EH with 3/3 BR, the reason being 3% total healing will give you far more throughput than a stronger Flash Heal, keeping in mind Gheal is seldom used. You actually need over 50% of your healign to come from FH in order for EH to be superior which never happens.

Can I just ask, once and for all :

Haste or Crit?

Yes.

Ambiguous enough? ;D

You want 12-14% haste and around 30% crit. So, you need both. Take what you can get, you're no where near the cutoff point for either being useful.

Thanks Harky.

I find gearing/understanding the class much better if I'm given the figures (like 17% = spell hit cap, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Riltia
    Thanks Harky.

I find gearing/understanding the class much better if I'm given the figures (like 17% = spell hit cap, etc)
    Healing doesn't work like DPS, there are no black & white numbers which prove you are optimising all your variables to have the best possible heailng setup. Healing is quite a grey area and what is considered a good stat or good setup changes considerably depending on your healing style.

I personally don't value crit as high as most holy priests and I tend to value haste a bit higher than most as well. I personally like to invest in spirit while others invest purely in intellect. There are a lot of discussions on these forums which suggest the best way to heal is to do x,y,z but the fact is there are many effective ways to do x,y,z it's just people think there is only one way.

If you want some guidance, all I can say is do a lot of research, look at differing opinions and then go play test. Test out a pure int gear set, try one with spirit itemised, try a heavy crit set etc. Until you physically test these things you never know more than what you theorise.

Worshaka hit it on the nose.

Your stats, etc depend on what YOU feel works for you. Priests, more than paladins at least, are way open spec-wise and gem-wise. My paladin is pretty easy. Every gem (with the exception of my one Nightmare Tear to cheese the meta) is +Int. My priest is much, much different. However, due to the way that we regen (and where we get more +SP from), I can hit most socket bonuses easy (and it also allows me a more well-rounded set of stats).

I just regemmed a little, and did a respec. It's still 14/57 but very slightly different to the ones above.

I just regemmed a little, and did a respec. It's still 14/57 but very slightly different to the ones above.
    Did you pick up lightwell? Your Raid leader may love you for bringing a free raid-flare. :P
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

No, no. Too situational for me, tbh.

It does make a good raid mark though... of course that's about all it's good for, but still.

...and Worshaka is correct about one thing; don't use those 12-14% haste and 30% crit numbers as solid caps, or required figures. They're comfortable goals that you should adjust up or down to taste. I wouldn't recommend lowering haste under 12% though, things get a tad messy. Raising it above 14% (up to about 20%) on the other hand is just fine. Crit is stated as 30% because crit is good, but that's the point where it starts to become a little overboard. With raid buffs that will spike up to around 38% and it starts to feel silly to crit more. But yeah, those are numbers to aim for, but it's not some set in stone number that is required. I mentioned them because they are loose goals that can be bent to your tastes pretty easily and you're no where near them, so trying to work out haste/crit isn't as big of a deal, take what you can get more of and be happy.

Thanks, I'll certainly try to get more.

I've been doing Wintergrasp lately, I love it! I just need to L2P Disc PvP :P

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...27tar&n=Riltia

^ Using... Spec 1!

Well, I think I've got slight mana issues (nothing dreadful, I just find myself sat at <50% a lot) but I don't think I'm too far from where I should be. I just want to make sure I'm roughly on the right track.

Also, should I get a shadow offspec for dailies and maybe the odd DPS run?

Hey Riltia,

You are defo getting there with all the advice given so far :P. You might try 1 more spec if you are up to it. In my guild I am a shd priest raider, but when needed I can switch to a holy raid healing spec which is just awesome in my eyes. Here is the link for the spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVcbu...ihhcuAo:0mdMVz

This spec is getting used too, but when you got it down it can be very fun.

The following spells are the ones you use:
    Renew --> On the tanks
    Pom --> Every cd, most of the time I throw it on the tank.

Make sure to stack 3 flash heals (for serendipity).
    When you have done this the cast time for a POH is very low and can be done extremely fast and after followed by a COH if needed.

Most of the time I am put in the tank group and this gives me the ability to use one of our strongest but most neglected healing spells --> Holy Nova, which could be improved with a glyph if you wanted too.

The only thing left now is Inner focus + Divine hymn combo :P