Page 1 of 72
... LastLast

Arrow The Ultimate Shaman UI - v3.0 (Looking for user feedback. Picture!)

Currently how TUSUI v3.0 is coming out:

Please leave some feedback!

The Ultimate Shaman UI v2.0 has arrived just as 3.3.3 is launching.
    This UI is primarily for the 1920 x 1080 and 1600 x 1024 resolution.

This UI is aimed for functionality, clean look, and a unique layout designed for shaman.
    This is by no means the "Ultimate" UI as all UI's can be debated and no one player is the same.
    This is merely a framework for shaman.

I've spent roughly 5 months working on this UI and its details, custom textures and sounds.
    Any and all criticism is welcome.

If you have any problems with the UI or unsure of something please feel free to leave a comment or suggestion.
    I've designed this UI for easy installation and very little work for the user.

Thank you to all the users who've supported my efforts and all the addon authors whose work I've incorporated into my UI.

v2.0
    Resto Preview

v1.0
    Preview 1
    Preview 2

News (6-1-10):
    • Working on a major update which includes some reworking of grid, addon updates, some new power auras (Yes! FINALLY TOTEMS ARE TRACKED!), new sounds, and a bit more friendly layout for most users.
    • I'm going to be using kgPanels for a bit more stylish approach.
    • New YouTube Channel!

In addition to my UI there are components available for download:

My Grid Layout
    The Ultimate Shaman Auras
    Stuf Unit Frames (Coming Soon)

Here are some screen shots available for viewing on WoW-Interface:

25 Man Raid

Cast Bars (idle)

Dxe Layout / Power Auras Demo

Addon List (some addons are not included in the UI)

kgPanels Import 1920 x 1080:
    Code:
    ^1^T^SLeft~`Side~`Gradient^T^Sabsolute_bg^T^SULx^N0^SULy^N0^SLLy^N1^SLLx^N0^SURx^N1^SURy^N0^SLRx^N1^SLRy^N1^t^Sstrata^SBACKGROUND^Sbg_texture^SNone^SanchorTo^SCENTER^Sparent^SUIParent^Sbg_orientation^SHORIZONTAL^SanchorFrom^SCENTER^Shflip^b^Scrop^b^Svflip^b^StileSize^N0^Sscripts^T^t^Sanchor^SUIParent^Slevel^N0^Stext^T^Sy^N0^Sfont^S^SjustifyH^SCENTER^Sx^N0^Scolor^T^Sa^N1^Sr^N1^Sg^N1^Sb^N1^t^Stext^S^SjustifyV^SMIDDLE^Ssize^N12^t^Suse_absolute_bg^b^Sbg_blend^SDISABLE^Sy^N-479^Sbg_style^SGRADIENT^Sgradient_color^T^Sa^N0^Sr^N0^Sg^N0^Sb^N0^t^Sborder_color^T^Sa^N1^Sr^N0^Sg^N0^Sb^N0^t^Sborder_texture^SNone^Sbg_color^T^Sa^N1^Sr^F8194785204313371^f-56^Sg^F8194785204313371^f-56^Sb^F8194785204313371^f-56^t^Swidth^S1066^Srotation^N0^Sx^N-531^Sbg_alpha^N0.2^Sborder_edgeSize^N15^Sheight^S245^Smouse^b^Sbg_insets^T^Sb^S0^St^S0^Sl^S0^Sr^S0^t^Stiling^b^t^SBackground^T^Sabsolute_bg^T^SLLy^N1^SLLx^N0^SLRy^N1^SLRx^N1^SURy^N0^SURx^N1^SULy^N0^SULx^N0^t^Sstrata^SBACKGROUND^Sbg_texture^SNone^SanchorTo^SCENTER^Sparent^SUIParent^Sbg_orientation^SVERTICAL^SanchorFrom^SCENTER^Shflip^b^Sbg_insets^T^Sr^S0^St^S0^Sl^S0^Sb^S0^t^Svflip^b^StileSize^N0^Sscripts^T^t^Sanchor^SUIParent^Slevel^N0^Sborder_texture^SSquare~`Outline^Suse_absolute_bg^b^Sbg_blend^SDISABLE^Srotation^N0^Sbg_style^SGRADIENT^Sgradient_color^T^Sa^F6665327534407680^f-54^Sb^N0^Sg^N0^Sr^N0^t^Sborder_color^T^Sa^N1^Sb^N0^Sg^N0^Sr^N0^t^Stext^T^Sy^N0^Sx^N0^SjustifyH^SCENTER^Sfont^S^Scolor^T^Sa^N1^Sb^N1^Sg^N1^Sr^N1^t^Stext^S^SjustifyV^SMIDDLE^Ssize^N12^t^Sx^N0^Swidth^S2133^Sy^N-479^Sbg_color^T^Sa^F6665327534407680^f-53^Sb^F5368997202826003^f-56^Sg^F5368997202826003^f-56^Sr^F5368997202826003^f-56^t^Sbg_alpha^N0.4^Sborder_edgeSize^N15^Sheight^S245^Smouse^b^Scrop^b^Stiling^b^t^SRight~`Side~`Gradient^T^Sabsolute_bg^T^SLRy^N1^SLRx^N1^SULx^N0^SULy^N0^SURy^N0^SURx^N1^SLLx^N0^SLLy^N1^t^Sstrata^SBACKGROUND^Sbg_insets^T^Sr^S0^St^S0^Sl^S0^Sb^S0^t^SanchorTo^SCENTER^Sparent^SUIParent^Sbg_orientation^SHORIZONTAL^SanchorFrom^SCENTER^Shflip^b^Scrop^b^Svflip^b^StileSize^N0^Sbg_texture^SNone^Sanchor^SUIParent^Slevel^N0^Sborder_texture^SNone^Suse_absolute_bg^b^Sbg_blend^SDISABLE^Srotation^N180^Sbg_style^SGRADIENT^Sgradient_color^T^Sa^N1^Sb^F6781891203569688^f-56^Sg^F6781891203569688^f-56^Sr^F6781891203569688^f-56^t^Sborder_color^T^Sa^N1^Sb^N0^Sg^N0^Sr^N0^t^Stext^T^Sy^N0^Sx^N0^SjustifyH^SCENTER^Sfont^S^Scolor^T^Sa^N1^Sb^N1^Sg^N1^Sr^N1^t^Stext^S^SjustifyV^SMIDDLE^Ssize^N12^t^Sx^S531^Swidth^S1066^Sy^N-479^Sbg_color^T^Sa^N0^Sb^F5086418402677266^f-55^Sg^F5086418402677266^f-55^Sr^F5086418402677266^f-55^t^Sbg_alpha^N0.2^Sborder_edgeSize^N15^Sheight^S245^Smouse^b^Sscripts^T^t^Stiling^b^t^t^^
    Last edited by Syronius; 2010-06-15 at 08:09 PM.

Re: Shaman UI - Syronius of Kilrogg

Please leave feedback ! !

<3

15+ Year Old Account

I approve. Now make me one for 1360x768
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I'm weird in any culture
    If life's a stage, when's the after party?

Any other suggestions people would like to add to my UI?

I'm still putting in minor details as to how everything will fit together.

I've always been a fan of Elkano's Buff Bars but I do like the way your setup is, nice and clean. I'm downloading it to try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by bdoople
    I've always been a fan of Elkano's Buff Bars but I do like the way your setup is, nice and clean. I'm downloading it to try it out!
    The current version on my WoW Interface isn't the current version in the vid but I'll post it up there tonight.

Where did you got that TidyPlates from? Im looking for something to replace those horrible blizz standard plates, and ones you have are almost perfect. Even better it would be if they had a tiny mana/energy/runic power/rage bars under( as in double line having health bar on top). Maybe anyone else has some addon that matches my description to suggest?

overall- looking great, I'm quite used to my messy UI and I prefer Mik's SBT over NiceDamage(is that what you are using?) and got Elkano's minimized to my preferance(quite similar to your buff bar looks lust vertical along right side of the screen). Power auras might be interesting to try out : >

nice job there! liked your explaination video.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalioshas
    Where did you got that TidyPlates from? Im looking for something to replace those horrible blizz standard plates, and ones you have are almost perfect. Even better it would be if they had a tiny mana/energy/runic power/rage bars under( as in double line having health bar on top). Maybe anyone else has some addon that matches my description to suggest?

overall- looking great, I'm quite used to my messy UI and I prefer Mik's SBT over NiceDamage(is that what you are using?) and got Elkano's minimized to my preferance(quite similar to your buff bar looks lust vertical along right side of the screen). Power auras might be interesting to try out : >

nice job there! liked your explaination video.
    I'm using Mik's SBT. The TidyPlates skin is actually a custom one I created. I'll be posting it as a standalone sooner or later...(Just working on a cast lock texture).
    I'm not too positive I'll be keeping TidyPlates since there's an unknown problem causing large amounts of CPU usage in 25 man raids.

I'm also changing the threat aura to be more detached from the unit frame to help distinguish Elites a little better.

MSBT:
    http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/317...1409192313.jpg

DXE Raid Addon:
    http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3...1409192346.jpg

Deleted

arent the plates a bit too big? i mean imagine a new raid with more adds than those wyrms you would see quite a mess imo atleast

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing
    arent the plates a bit too big? i mean imagine a new raid with more adds than those wyrms you would see quite a mess imo atleast
    Everything seems large when you zoom into them for those screenshots...

Just watched the Vid you linked on youtube and thought the UI was outstanding cant wait for the upload
    Keep up the awesome work.

I just rolled my first ally toon, and it's a Shammy, so I'm 65 right now and tired of my old UI (XPerl, no bar mod, grid, etc) and since I have no alts to worry about for addons I backed up my old stuff and gave your mod a try (Plus Carbonite, ALoot, Auctioneer, Titanbar, you know.)

I'm loving it, it's a bit new to me since I've never worked with the mods before and it took me a bit to realize my bars would pop up in combat :-p but it's sleek, sexy, and works beautifully on a Mac.

I'm really excited for the new one, your vid makes it look beautiful.

As said earlier...just Beautiful...Can' wait to try it out with a few other addons

Deleted

I'm interested in how you made the MW stacks show in a little box, one square is equivalent to one count at the buffs, at 5 squares you got 5 MW stacks, in the movie it's shown when you write you use Power Auras for it, I've downloaded it (power auras and SBF) and toyed a bit but I can't seem to get the buffs showing like that [ X, X, X, X, X ] <-- kind of like that, in the movie, sorry for the weird explanation :|

For easier understanding, what I mean is the area with your proc and cooldown watches 0:22 - 0:48

Hey great lookin ui, i'm really excited bout giving it a test run

some questions:-
    BTW for reference i play a Resto sham as main spec mildly for pvp but ele sham for pvp and pve offspec so i will pose questions about both the pve and pvp aspects of your ui.

1.In arena it's kinda a nice and easy to see who your targetign if your primary target bar has the colour of the classs your dealign with OR soem clear indication on it--that would be a nice touch.To be fair i think your current grey bars may actually be okay for now but i will have to try it out first to see how that works out especially in 5v5 and 3v3 where i may be target cycling alot.

2.Also in arena and pve as resto , i like to keep track of my mana bar, i didnt see a clear indication of it of it in your unit frames , it seemed really small and out of the way

thats all for now, still watchig your vid,i'll have mre questions in after i finish it . just wanted to give my input and thank you for a good job so far!!!

extra kudos on :-
    MW indicator--very nice!!
    cooldown bar--very nice addition excited bout using it

Quote Originally Posted by walexia
    Hey great lookin ui, i'm really excited bout giving it a test run

some questions:-
    BTW for reference i play a Resto sham as main spec mildly for pvp but ele sham for pvp and pve offspec so i will pose questions about both the pve and pvp aspects of your ui.

1.In arena it's kinda a nice and easy to see who your targetign if your primary target bar has the colour of the classs your dealign with OR soem clear indication on it--that would be a nice touch.To be fair i think your current grey bars may actually be okay for now but i will have to try it out first to see how that works out especially in 5v5 and 3v3 where i may be target cycling alot.

2.Also in arena and pve as resto , i like to keep track of my mana bar, i didnt see a clear indication of it of it in your unit frames , it seemed really small and out of the way

thats all for now, still watchig your vid,i'll have mre questions in after i finish it . just wanted to give my input and thank you for a good job so far!!!

extra kudos on :-
    MW indicator--very nice!!
    cooldown bar--very nice addition excited bout using it
    Good questions. Do keep in mind that these are my enhance frames and generally only PvE. That being said Ele and Resto are going to have completely unique looks compared to the Enhancement layout.

Mana will be much easier to track as well as class colors and much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta
    I'm interested in how you made the MW stacks show in a little box, one square is equivalent to one count at the buffs, at 5 squares you got 5 MW stacks, in the movie it's shown when you write you use Power Auras for it, I've downloaded it (power auras and SBF) and toyed a bit but I can't seem to get the buffs showing like that [ X, X, X, X, X ] <-- kind of like that, in the movie, sorry for the weird explanation :|
    Power Auras have a lot of nice features. One of these features is being able to track buff/debuff stacks. In order to create progressive indicators for more and more maelstrom you create auras that trigger from a certain number OR MORE of maelstrom.

So... You create an aura with 1 box and tell it to show when there is ">0" (greater than zero) stacks of the maelstrom buff. The next would be ">1". After that ">2". You continue till you're at ">4" which would be the maximum stack of 5. At this point you can copy the ">4" aura and create additional effects and stuff to make it stand out.

Deleted

Thanks! that really helped!

Would you be so kind to post your Power Aura strings so we (I ) can import them?

Edit: Just registered to ask this question cause i want them so much!!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by xataN
    Would you be so kind to post your Power Aura strings so we (I ) can import them?
    Would ask the same here, pleease! :P Preferrably the ones in the video, if possible of course!