1. #1

    Best proffession for pally

    Ive recently just come back to wow from a break and am ready to get back into the swing of things, Ive got a ret pala (inb4 lolretfotmnoob) and have started lvling mining. Having been away for a while im pretty out of touch with things and would like some opinions on what prof would be best to level out of engi, blacksmith and jc.

    thanks for any advice in advance ;D

  2. #2

    Re: Best proffession for pally

    Imo go for JC/BS.Since u are lvling mining try to farm as mats as possible for both profs and then abbandon mining.JC/BS is the best combo

  3. #3

    Re: Best proffession for pally

    I dare to disagree on JC / BS for once:

    JC is a certain ofc but BS offer just 40 str (2 extra sockets).

    Engineering!

    -haste enchant on gloves to stack up your seal fast aswell as ofc make your swings
    -24 crit enchant on boots
    -bombs!

    You also gotta consider the "dps increase" in your nitro boosts to get you fast to your target, nobody knows how important this is gonna be in Icecrown Citadel, this have on many times on Icehowl after his charge into the wall saved my stack of seal of vengeance dot from falling off.

    Pure patchwerk style: JC/BS
    Real fights: JC/Engi

  4. #4

    Re: Best proffession for pally

    Interesting concept for Engineering, but sense it can't be measured and crit/haste dont increase exponentially, BS is a safer bet. Also, I know the OP was asking for ret, BS is also the better profession for Prot or Holy so I would stick with that.

  5. #5

    Re: Best proffession for pally

    bs/jc are best. if u are ret or prot, enchanting is almost as good. if you are holy, enchanting not the way to go. sp for holy is ptless.

  6. #6
    I am Murloc! Nienniora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    5,161

    Re: Best proffession for pally

    Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    bs/jc are best. if u are ret or prot, enchanting is almost as good. if you are holy, enchanting not the way to go. sp for holy is ptless.
    pure stats are always better and the only source come from Gems or old tbc enchant (give me back :O)
    so enchanting isnt that great
    Quote Originally Posted by skawboen
    You also gotta consider the "dps increase" in your nitro boosts to get you fast to your target, nobody knows how important this is gonna be in Icecrown Citadel, this have on many times on Icehowl after his charge into the wall saved my stack of seal of vengeance dot from falling off.
    its situationnal.. but rarely like this

  7. #7
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    124

    Re: Best proffession for pally

    I'm currently JC and Enchanting.

    I like it as it is a very convenient combination that also provides a lot of flexibility.

    I can enchant my own gear. I can disenchant old gear and BoP gear. I can enchant my rings with suitable buffs for each of my three specs.

  8. #8

    Re: Best proffession for pally

    Quote Originally Posted by skawboen
    I dare to disagree on JC / BS for once:

    JC is a certain ofc but BS offer just 40 str (2 extra sockets).

    Engineering!

    -haste enchant on gloves to stack up your seal fast aswell as ofc make your swings
    -24 crit enchant on boots
    -bombs!

    You also gotta consider the "dps increase" in your nitro boosts to get you fast to your target, nobody knows how important this is gonna be in Icecrown Citadel, this have on many times on Icehowl after his charge into the wall saved my stack of seal of vengeance dot from falling off.

    Pure patchwerk style: JC/BS
    Real fights: JC/Engi
    I'd have to disagree with eng personally. BS gives you the 2 sockets, so +40 str. Your points for eng:

    1) Haste on gloves. Haste is very meh for retadins, and getting this means you won't get greater assault. This is 44AP vs. 68 haste(340 haste for 12 secs every minute). The AP enchant is better.

    2) 24 crit to boots. Crit is good but you are losing 32 AP enchant. Just from gear it should be easy for a ret to get 30% crit, and this only adds .5%.

    3) Bombs...fun but, really?

    4) Nitro boost run speed: Most fights PoJ would suffice.

    BS: +40 str, +76 AP. ENG: +68 haste, +.5% crit, 5 second run speed increase.

    I like BS personally

    Edit: Forgot about Crusher to gloves, changed AP accordingly
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Stop out of topic conversation, or I'll show you my giant hammer.

    PS: The hammer is my penis.

  9. #9

    Re: Best proffession for pally

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux
    I'd have to disagree with eng personally. BS gives you the 2 sockets, so +40 str. Your points for eng:

    1) Haste on gloves. Haste is very meh for retadins, and getting this means you won't get greater assault. This is 35AP vs. 68 haste(340 haste for 12 secs every minute). The AP enchant is better.
    My Gloves have + 44 ap on them :>
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  10. #10

    Re: Best proffession for pally

    scared myself for a second, yes Crusher +44 AP. I just got new boots last night and had greater assault in my mind since thats the best for boots, forgot about Crusher
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Stop out of topic conversation, or I'll show you my giant hammer.

    PS: The hammer is my penis.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •