Top DPS (class?)

Which class is 'actual' top DPS at the moment?

What is the 'maximum' that has been reached ?

On a straight up, single target spank. No debuffs, AoE or other funky mechanics which would favour one class or another.

* I'm not asking for opinions
    * I'm not discussing player 'skill'
    * I'm not asking for spreadsheets, although these can help as 'evidence'

I ran a search and no previous threads answered the question really.

Re: Top DPS (class?)

I'd say feral druid for single target tank and spank, no gimmics.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Rogue i guess

Rather hard to say seeing as there is no Patchwerk-like boss available ingame right now.

Mages are for sure top 3.
    Rogues can do massive damage.
    Druids too.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

rogue on AE, rogue on bossdamage

Mage with lucky proc on 4/5 t8. Its few instant pyroblasts. Get lucky enough and you will pew pew dps meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Kinda pointless as there's no such thing and a true "stand and dps fight" anymore but I'd say

1. Rogue/Kitty
    2. DK/Fury Warrior/Mage
    3. Lock/Elem Shaman/Retadin
    4. Arms Warrior/Hunter/Spriest/Chicken
    5. Enh Shaman
    "WTF! The lock is ninja'ing all the soul shards!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mordret
    Mage with lucky proc on 4/5 t8. Its few instant pyroblasts. Get lucky enough and you will pew pew dps meters.
    no

Part of this also happens to be where you are throwing your buffs around. It is pretty standard that if you have 2 or more Rogues that you all TotT eachother, which is a nice DPS boost. From what I have seen Rogues are right behind Druids without TotT, and that could be enough to push them over perhaps?

I'm curious why you are making such a topic though? Just curiosity? It's actually pretty irrelevant the answer, since there is no fight in WotLK that is a sustained DPS on a single target for 5+ minutes (the ballpark amount of time it would take for classes to level out). The closest you could get to ideal bosses would be:

Patchwerk (too short)
    Faerlina (cloth type boss favors melee)
    0 Drake Sarth (probably the best fight to compare melee DPS?)
    Ignis (not stand-still, sometimes moves out of range)
    XT Hardmode (the length of the fight helps average out the huge burst at the start, but still skewed. Also RNG gravity bombs and target switching to light bombs)
    Steelbreaker (reset meters when he is last one alive, but again too short)
    Jaraxxus (target switching, RNG legion flames)

Those are probably the best fights for testing DPS, and none of which are ideal. Pretty much every fight in the game favors one class or another, so theoretical single target 5 minute+ DPS on stand still gimmickless fights is pretty irrelevant. Of the encounters above though I find XT Hardmode to be my favorite of the tests, simply due to it's length. Challenges keeping a good rotation running the entire fight (which is often 8+ minutes).

Also I haven't done 0 Drake Sarth since... Early December? So I don't really remember if there is some major reason why melee aren't just sitting on the boss (avoiding waves properly you should never stop hitting Sarth).

Quote Originally Posted by Halflived
    Kinda pointless as there's no such thing and a true "stand and dps fight" anymore but I'd say

1. Rogue/Kitty
    2. DK/Fury Warrior/Mage
    5. Enh Shaman
    I'm not so sure about that Fury Warrior spot, they got nerfed in the past and have yet to fully recover. Our Fury Warrior pulls all the stops and requires Hysteria to even get in the ballpark of our DK, Rogues, and Kitty. Also Ele Shaman is broken as far as I know. Even world first guilds have Ele Shamans doing a laughable 6k DPS or less on fights where everybody else is doing 7k+. And it could just be my guild but our Hunters are right behind the melee, and passing them on fights where there is a lot of target switching (NRB, Faction, etc)
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

What kind of numbers are we talking ?

7k ?

8k ?

Quote Originally Posted by rngisrough
    What kind of numbers are we talking ?

7k ?

8k ?
    More like 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by HellBurn
    More like 10k.
    I'd like to see where somebody is doing 10k DPS on single target tank and spank. Because it isn't happening.

7k-8k would be a more reasonable "top DPS" figure for standard ToC gear (not BiS), considering I rarely see wws of people pulling numbers beyond that. Hell, my spreadsheet only has me as 7900 DPS and my gear is pretty decent:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...kull&n=Lacigam

Remember, spreadsheet DPS is the optimal and ideal rotation averaged out. No RNG taken into account. On a theoretical stand-still fight. AKA a number you are not going to reach on any fight in the game (single target non-gimmick that is).
    "Our logic is actually pretty simple. If hybrid classes can do the same dps as pure classes, then why have pure classes in the game? So we design the pure classes to do slightly higher dps." -Ghostcrawler 3/22/2009
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15864857264&pageNo=4&sid=1#66

ive done 8439dps on Koralon....

havent really had an opporunity aside from that to do dps tests.
    We dont go back to Ulduar anymore, i finish Gormok heroic with like 8k ish..

Id say rogue #1 single target followed by hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mn3m0n1c
    ive done 8439dps on Koralon....
    WWS please.

we dont save wws for koralon lol... but my spreadsheet estimates the same number, can screenshot that if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mn3m0n1c
    Id say rogue #1 single target
    I agree. I think ferals come quite close to them, but the majority of gear is itemized for rogues vs ferals. haste is useless for ferals, we only need 263 hit and it's hard to avoid it at higher gear levels, and we need our tier bonuses so we have to pass on gear with better stats. BiS vs BiS I'm not really sure as I'm unlucky with drops but I would still bet a rogue is top.

Quote Originally Posted by Halflived

1. Rogue/Kitty
    2. DK/Fury Warrior/Mage
    5. Enh Shaman
    You're putting spriest next to hunter and ele sham ahead of them? wtf crackrox u smoke?

BiS hunter gear is able to pull off 11k dps from spread sheets, so I'm vouching for hunters being top.

As it stands for us hunters and rogues share the #1 spot on most fights, the next 6-7 spots are usually determined by the nature of the fight then shammies and spriests at the bottom