Strange Weapon Findings in ToC10 Normal

Before I start, I just want to point out that this is based on theorycrafting, not actual in-game testing.

Fjola Lightbane drops the Diplomat: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47740
    Anub'Arak drops Baelgun's Heavy Crossbow: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47741
    (Both alliance versions, Horde available also)

Now, the Diplomat has +15 hit while the Heavy Crossbow has no hit and also a slower attack speed, which is usually beneficial to hunters (2.9 vs 2.8 ).

Common sense would tell me that if I needed the hit, the gun would be preferable but if i was already at the hit cap or higher, the Crossbow would be preferable....wrong! The gun is better in all circumstances!

A strange result and I've also tested in SV/MM specs and the same is true, so if like me you have both, you can safely DE that Crossbow.

[EDITED: Added a space between 2.8 and the ")" otherwise this happens: 2.8) ]

Re: Strange Weapon Findings in ToC10 Normal

thx a lot !!!

Speed vs Speed isn't a real comparison in this case.
    Look at the dmg range. The Crossbow is slower , which could lead to higher end damage. But it has a high minimum dmg. Higher than the gun , therefore the gun has lower minimum dmg , but higher end damage.
    You could argue that it comes out even in a longer fight. But the Gun has a gem slot. This leads into a DPS increase in total , because you can choose your highest DPS stat.
    Beside that , the 2.8 speed can come out in advantage on longer fights because of more shots = more crits = more GftT proccs.

That would be my humble comparison of both weapons.

I don't know how you can even think the Gun isn't way better then the Bow. Even if you WASTE the Hit, you still gain 9 AP and a socket for 23 haste and 3 agi.

Easy choice really.

The crossbow's slow speed is wasted by having a very tight damage range.

The Diplomat is superior in basically every way.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    The crossbow's slow speed is wasted by having a very tight damage range.

The Diplomat is superior in basically every way.
    This.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I replaced Envoy of Mort. with The Diplomat a couple weeks ago, and even though the tooltip shows Diplomat having more min and max Damage per hit, in the Ranged tab my Ranged Damage drops by about 30.. I can't figure out why.. Can anyone else work it out? (10 agi 10 crit in the Diplomat socket)