Thread: rdy for MMS?

rdy for MMS?

hi guy's,

well, this is me:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ist&n=Baganzai

and i was wondering if i could pull some MMS dps with this, i have pretty much zero arp, except when my trinket procs. So, should i go gem for arp? or wouldt it be a waste, also with the arp nerve comming up? what do you guys recommend?

www.explosm.net

Re: rdy for MMS?

You need ~50% ArP from gear and a high end weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Atty
    You need ~50% ArP from gear and a high end weapon.
    First, you don't need to be ArP MM to do comparable dps to SV.

Quote Originally Posted by joranjopie
    hi guy's,

well, this is me:

and i was wondering if i could pull some MMS dps with this, i have pretty much zero arp, except when my trinket procs. So, should i go gem for arp? or wouldt it be a waste, also with the arp nerve comming up? what do you guys recommend?
    Now for the meat. You seem to be extremely close. One of the reasons MM starts to catch up and seem to scale better is because of the changes to ranged weapons scaling. You really need one of the 232 ranged weapons at the least to see a big jump in the SV/MM gap. Considering that you have Grim Toll, you could probably convert your gems to ArP once you get at least an Uld 25 Ranged, or better yet the XT HM kill gun, and see a nice jump in your DPS.
    80 Orc Hunter: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Greymane&n=Hamstar

Tyrenis was before the race change.

^ what he said.

Getting a ranged weapon is not hard at all, get one that's 232+, and you're ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

tanx guys, your awnsers rly sum it up nicely

www.explosm.net

I also want to note that you probably shouldn't rush into gemming for ArP just because your Marks. For instance (using 3.2.2 numbers here, which counts the ArP nerf), even at 495 ArP rating without gemming for it (and using Grim Toll as a trinket), Agility is still point for point more DPS than ArP, which would mean I'd see a slight drop, or at least no gain, from replacing all my Agility gems with ArP ones (and this is also with an ilvl 245 ranged weapon and other decent gear.)

What Atty said actually does hold some truth; you probably want ~40%ArP from gear (post nerf, so ~45-50% pre-nerf is a decent goal) and either Mjolnir Runestone or Grim Toll BEFORE you start gemming for ArP. He's wrong in that you can still obviously do just as good, if not better than, Survival while your Marks even with lower ArP.

Considering you're at 21% or 260 rating right now, you have a bit to go, but it'll go by quite fast since a lot of pieces can offer 40+ ArP each.

Quote Originally Posted by Sartuk
    I also want to note that you probably shouldn't rush into gemming for ArP just because your Marks. For instance (using 3.2.2 numbers here, which counts the ArP nerf), even at 495 ArP rating without gemming for it (and using Grim Toll as a trinket), Agility is still point for point more DPS than ArP, which would mean I'd see a slight drop, or at least no gain, from replacing all my Agility gems with ArP ones (and this is also with an ilvl 245 ranged weapon and other decent gear.)

What Atty said actually does hold some truth; you probably want ~40%ArP from gear (post nerf, so ~45-50% pre-nerf is a decent goal) and either Mjolnir Runestone or Grim Toll BEFORE you start gemming for ArP. He's wrong in that you can still obviously do just as good, if not better than, Survival while your Marks even with lower ArP.

Considering you're at 21% or 260 rating right now, you have a bit to go, but it'll go by quite fast since a lot of pieces can offer 40+ ArP each.
    He has Grim Toll, why I suggested it if he gets a new ranged weapon before 3.2.2.
    80 Orc Hunter: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Greymane&n=Hamstar

Tyrenis was before the race change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrenis
    He has Grim Toll, why I suggested it if he gets a new ranged weapon before 3.2.2.
    You also said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrenis
    Considering that you have Grim Toll, you could probably convert your gems to ArP once you get at least an Uld 25 Ranged
    ...and that part is basically wrong. With only 260 ArP, even with Grim Toll, gemming for ArP over Agi is not going to be a good idea. Going Marks in and of itself isn't a bad idea at all, but gemming for ArP, which you suggested, would be.

Quote Originally Posted by joranjopie
    hi guy's,

well, this is me:

i wouldnt suggest it

ALSO WTF IS WRONG WITH YOUR META!!!! get 21agi not 21 crit
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy1346

ALSO WTF IS WRONG WITH YOUR META!!!! get 21agi not 21 crit
    Oh wow, I didn't even notice that.

Do what this bro said, get the 21 agility one dawg.

ow, guess i didnt see that one when i was looking for meta gems xD, tanx for the tips

www.explosm.net