Fetish of Volatile Power

So the Fetish/Talisman of Volatile Power is pretty poor for most casters but it seems the buff stacks for each star channeled by starfall. Using them in combination has you at full stacks in less then 2 seconds giving you the maximum amount of time with the huge haste buff. If constantly used with a lunar eclipse proc would this trinket start performing at its intended ilvl (or higher) for moonkins? Anyone else played around with it?

Re: Fetish of Volatile Power

It's possibly one of the worst DPS trinkets available for any class. I suppose if you don't have access to a IotD, EotB or SoF (3 best trinkets for moonkin last I recall, could be wrong, I'm sure the anub trinket and flare of heavens is in there somewhere but is a tad harder to obtain) and you can get the stack up to be used with lunar eclipse it might be good.

It might be, but for me it works really well. I have something like 8 different trinkets atm, but this is the one i like to pair with my Eye of the Brood Mother. I happen to be engineer as well.

Atm i am at 404 haste and when raid buffed sit at 3000+ spell power. This is how i roll. Ill leave tree ants and sfall out of this rotation, as how i use them, differs from fight to fight. Ill put IFF, MF, IS on, ill spam SF to get the first eclipse proc ( ill do it this way to get the 1-3 extra ticks for my MF), when im about half way trough my first solar eclipse ill pop Volatile Power, sooner or later ill proc lunar eclipse. Ill go trough this with the added haste of 456. Ill go trough the next solar eclipse with 404 haste, no Wrath clipping there. The 2nd Lunar ill pop my engineers haste(+340) ench for hands (hyperspeed Accelerators) and again ill benefit from haste levels that i couldnt bossibly have cause of wrath. 3rd lunar ill use potion of speed (+500 haste). At about this time i should have Volatile more or less ready to be used again. And so i go on, an on and on. Oh, i re aply the dots ofc

This is me

From here you can find how i have been doing.

Im not saying that what i do IS the best way to go, all i am saying is that it suits me. I feel that the dmg i can achieve like this is better thatn what i can do with other trinkets combinations that i have.

Khad

Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

Deleted

While its a really good idea in theory, you have to accept that if you have more than 400 haste when casting wrath, that haste will largely be wasted. The problem with this trinket is that you have to stack it - a problem you seem to have avoided with using starfall. However, you would want to have this one up to full WHEN lunar eclipse procs. If you are waiting for a lunar proc, and then pop the trinket, plus starfall, then you are losing DPS time, and you still have to wait for it to stack up - even if its just 2 seconds. So that means that you will have to pop it when you think you will proc lunar eclipse, which means you could be in a situation where you will go through half of the duration trying to proc eclipse.

Using this trinket might be very good if your timing is spot on - and with a good measure of luck - but its evened out by all the times where you aren't spot on, and where you lose DPS time because you have activating and building up the trinket.

Fact of the matter is that you would probably be better off with a trinket that gives you a benefit no matter when you have it running. The trinket from Anub 25 is largely considered the best DPS trinket these days, and you will notice that you have a clear +150 spellpower, along with a proc adding some 250-350 DPS.

sorry, khad, but that trinket is awful. why bother with it (if you can get better.)?
    its inferior to EOTB or IOTDS.

btw are anub 25 and anub 25 hm trinkets equippable at the same time?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by qft
    btw are anub 25 and anub 25 hm trinkets equippable at the same time?
    People speculate that they are - id assume so much, because they are generally two different items. If they are, they are definately BIS (one from normal, one from heroic), as long as they stack up motes independantly of each other.

is anub 25 trinket really better then vezax hm trink, flare of heavens, i think?

Deleted

If you one have one trinket from Anub, then that + flare of heavens appear to be BIS. If both trinkets from Anub works, then they are set as BIS.

Have very little problems with wraths clipping. I stated earlyer that i use the trinket about half way trough the first (solar) eclipse. What i should have written is, that i do it when i have about 2-3 wraths to go. I usually have some dot refreshing to do so i have about 4-7 harmful casts before Lunar Procs. Sometimes more, sometimes less... rng. I strongly feel that casting few .8 sec Wraths out of eclipse is not a broblem if i can, in return, shoot my Lunar eclipse with 1.8-1.9 sec StarFires.

BtW: I have no idea what EOTB,IOTDS and SoF are. Wouldnt mind a little more clarifying acronyme or what ever it called.

Khad
    Ipit, Finnish speaking 25 raiding guild on Lightbringer-EU is recruiting. Check our website for more info.

Eye of the Broodmother, Illustration of the Dragon Soul, Scale of Fates

Ty Gft

IF only i would have IotDS or Scale of Fates :/ Seems our guild has a bit of bad luck when it comes to trinkets. I have all sorts of trinkets, but the really good ones are rare. For example, i have one of the 3 EotB that has ever dropped for us.

Atm, im pairing my EotB with Volatile Power. Others that i have are healer orientated or either have haste or hit. About the only real competitor would be Sundial of the Exiled. Im pretty sure that math would proof that Sundial would be better than Volatile... but i seem to get better results with Volatile. I can plant my nukes better in movement fights, and i can really push it when i know we have a heroism coming. Simply put, when my raid buffed sp is past 3k i feel that the haste effects i can have on my use, outweight the 28sp from hands and what procs i could get from Sundial.

I originally posted to explane how i use my Volatile. And that it can be used, if sertain conditions are met. I also strongly feel, that if one does not have better trinkets, Volatile can be used to bend us over the haste barrier that we have to deal with. Thou i do have a fairly nice gear, i feel that when i hit sustained 5k-6k single target dps, i can achieve it partly cause of clever and timely use of haste effects in conjunction with the ongoing encounter. I Strongly encourage people to try it out, and see how it feels. It does NOT make playing your moonkin any easyer and simpler trinkets will give you better results if you dont think proc watching is fun and something you want to play around with

Khad

I came to this topic expecting something totally different

On topic: I agree with the one who started about the 400 haste thing. That's all I know about Druids

sof is crap (dont waste dkp on it). i'm qft.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    People speculate that they are - id assume so much, because they are generally two different items. If they are, they are definately BIS (one from normal, one from heroic), as long as they stack up motes independantly of each other.
    i know the +sick stamina trinkets are both enquipable

as for the Fetish of Volatile Power, yesterday in ToC10 we had melee version of it drop and it sux balls aswel on a 2 min cooldown u can get up to like 1K AP for 20 secs. the mirror of truth does better than that
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE