Leveling a Paladin, need advice.

I am leveling my Paladin, I haven't touched it since Classic. I decided to blow the dust off it, get it a lot of Heirlooms, and begin leveling it (currently level 30. I need some Advice.

For one, what is a good spec for leveling?
    For two, what is the best way to level with this spec?
    For three, is this Spec fun to level in.
    For four, any other advice you can give.

Re: Leveling a Paladin, need advice.

1) ...
    2) ...
    3) ...

4) Dont roll a paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Moocowmike
    1) ...
    2) ...
    3) ...

4) Dont roll a paladin
    This is a very helpfull and intelligent post.
    [100]Batleth / [100]Missetäter / [93]Less / [100]Gamgam / [100]Digamba / [100]Jamaharon / [90]Angosian / [91]Amonet / [100]Stahlkante / [91]HurrDurr / [64]Fattlebury /[97]Killit

leveling a paladin is incredibly boring now... all you have is auto-attack and judgement.

If you go ret, judgement gets reduced to 8 sec and you finally get a 2nd attack at level 50, and 3rd attack at lvl 60. However, you will have high survivability and decent damage.

If you go holy, you get a 2nd attack (holy shock) at lvl 40 i believe. But damage as holy is pretty poor.

Never tried to level as prot, so cant really say.

But yeah leveling a paladin now is pretty painfully borinfg

Quote Originally Posted by Moocowmike
    1) ...
    2) ...
    3) ...

4) Dont roll a paladin
    ^QFT

Deleted

As stated leveling a paladin IS boring since you don't have any abilities. You will basically run around and do 1-2 abilities for over 50 levels. I did however level as ret up to 60 and then i changed to prot. I found that protection offered me to pull 7-8 melee mobs at the same time. It does however take a lot longer to kill them so I don't know if it's really more efficient - but fun nevertheless.

I stopped lvling at 67 so cant say more then that. I was planning to go back to ret on lvl 68-70 though and level the rest as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    I am leveling my Paladin, I haven't touched it since Classic. I decided to blow the dust off it, get it a lot of Heirlooms, and begin leveling it (currently level 30. I need some Advice.

For one, what is a good spec for leveling?
    For two, what is the best way to level with this spec?
    For three, is this Spec fun to level in.
    For four, any other advice you can give.
    1 ret till about 40 then go prot i think its best to go prot @ 60 tho
    2 ret is just judge and autoattack but with prot its aoe grinding single target it will take longer to kill a mob but its the aoe pulls that make it better
    3 ret no .... prot yes <-- but thats just me
    4 go how u like to level not how anyone else likes to level its your char you have to enjoy it

i leveled 1-47 back in vanilla, so im not sure this is still the case back then i did ret 1-30 (or so) then prot, it should be rather easy to find a guide for that somewhere (basicly get lots of stam, str and.. not much else, a nice shield helps, and a shield spike) then aoe farm, thats what i did. no quests, just farm, i liked it (feels really good to kill 8+ mobs at once while the stupid rogue has killed 3 :P)
    as soon as i hit 60 i respecced retri for divine storm and got the rest of the way flowing on a breeze of op'ness.
    my advice is what i always do myself (No matter what class im lvling) if u get bored: change spec, use the same plate heirloom items, so just buy the 2-handed axe and a fast MH, is there even an heirloom shield? if not, get a blue one. and go nuts.

you can also try holy.... but.. just dont, really, dont ever go there.

i am lvling a pala atm with heirloom 2hand axe cloth chest and pvp plate shoulders.

it was my first toon back in vanilla, but at lvl 22 i went to the trainer and was like OMG too many abilitys (i was new to wow and didn't even know u could activate more action bars ) so i stopped lvling it.

now after having 30 free lvls from recruit a friend i thought, what the hell i can revive my pala (it was my first toon after all <3 )

so lvl'd to 30 (99% xp till 31) and granted him to lvl 60.

this means i haven't gone 50 lvls with 1 ability =/ so i have no idea what spec is fun or not or w/e.

BUT at least now (61-66,5) i enjoy playing the pala.

i got a warrior about same lvl (64) and i couldn't stand lvling him, well only tried fury, but i was still like wtf, can't kill shit.

well at least as pala things are insanely easy (specced ret) i can pull whatever i encounter and kill it, soloing mobs with 30 k hp at lvl 66 in nagrand is easy, i usually didn't even use lay on hands or pots for any of the elites.

it really is faceroll compared with everything else i've played (haven't tried dk's tho)

Quote Originally Posted by LickMyL0llipop
    ^QFT
    quoted for troll? i have to agree with you there...

anyway. ret ist pretty solid once you reach higher levels.jotw basically grants infinite mana, AoW will keep your health at 100% almost always and once you get CS and later DS your damage will skyrocket.

for lower levels a lot of people recommend prot, for masspulling whole areas and then consecrating them down. if you like that kind of playstale, prot is probably pretty optimal for you if not, stick with ret.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Think most has been disscussed. Got two pallies, levelled them both as ret. I levelled my alliance pally together with a friend of mine, (not together, but at the same time), he went prot. I wish I went prot as well, up til like 60, seeing him pick up 6-7 mobs, and aoe them to death.

From 60->77 I went ret though, truly a self sufficient class, didnt need to drink or eat to get health nor mana in like the whole levelling period.
    If its called Tourist season, why can't I shoot at them?

Deleted

I'd say go prot. Ret is just too boring to lvl as. You will just want to log out and do something else. Prot at least offers some fun, and quite high survivability. Masspulling 7-10 mobs is quite fun indeed.

go ret ... you won't have many keys to push and be autoattacking for a long time

as you said you got heirloom items ... so you might want and might have the money to invest 1k gold to buy dualspec on 40 so make the second spec prot from than on you can do almost everything solo ...

some small mobs ... ret kills it
    many small or some big mobs prot kills it

after lvl 60 ... yeah ... anything dies anyways ... lvl 65+ I soloed all of the friggin elite quests through out nagrand and after

in Northend I soloed every friggin elite quest either with ret spec in prot gear or full prot ...
    as ret in northrend you can still pull 5+ mobs survive and kill them all in almost no time

it's anyways not really easy to pull more mobs unless in some special places ... because they reset to early
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

Heh, yea, I did notice that while leveling my pally for a few hours. I was looking in my spell book for more spells because.... it is literally auto attack and judgment with Exorcise on the side. :-\

But none the less. Thanks for your help.