Thread: AFKing in BGs

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: AFKing in BGs

I want to join the afk crew!

The only time I afk is when im leveling a character from 51-60 in AV, the rest of the time I participate, and usually when I do, we win.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_ZED
    I afk from ages and im proud of it. Fucin horde cant play on my BG !!!!!
    We lose all the time no matter if im afking or not.
    On AV i sit in mine defending it on MMO or EJ or some other forums
    On WSG i like 2 run around and kill shiet in midle
    ON SOTA Before Coin change i afked all cos we lost 9/10. Now i afk only if we start as deff
    ON AB i usualy sit on LM or Farm. And kill who ever comes if i TAB fast enough
    ON EOTS. I sit on 1 of basses and kiell who ever comes around.
    ON IOC hmmm i like this new BG so many options can afk on 1 of those Bonus places. Noone ever comes there
    Anyway i always afk for like 2 weeks of new arena season start to get honor asap and stop Honor farm asap.
    Then back to doing daily BG once a day.

TBH u should gain honor for doing arenas beside points. That would be a solution 4 ppl like me.
    Well you say horde sux so much? Must say you are being part of the sucking...

Quote Originally Posted by guardian707
    Honor and xp farming in BGs is wrong and immoral. You are the reason why we have 50+ pages in the "Stupidest thing you heard someone say in a raid" because you never learned the game.

Rogue: Wait... now hold on. I can stealth? Really?
    Pally: Pally's can't rez! Its a druid only thing!
    DK: but spellpower is my strongest stat!

I salute you, scrub. Here is your welfare check! To the back of the line with you!
    I'm such a scrub.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian707
    Honor and xp farming in BGs is wrong and immoral. You are the reason why we have 50+ pages in the "Stupidest thing you heard someone say in a raid" because you never learned the game.

Rogue: Wait... now hold on. I can stealth? Really?
    Pally: Pally's can't rez! Its a druid only thing!
    DK: but spellpower is my strongest stat!

I salute you, scrub. Here is your welfare check! To the back of the line with you!
    Quotes are immoral too i guess

these are for people that think reporting the AFK actually does something cause reporting a bot isnt going to stop it from joining the next game

Deleted

http://sarth3d.dk/WoWScrnShot_091809_104527.jpg

That was a game earlier today where 1/5 of the players were AFK : Not that I expected to win anyway, since alliance win AV and lose all others in my Battlegroup, it just annoys me that it makes it nigh impossible for my team to win at all.

BGs are fun
    if you do not find them fun then don't do it.
    Because like... Arena is no better (imo its worse)

I enjoy PvPing, I really do.... when I have resilience. As a clothie, PvPing in pve gear is just asking to throw your keyboard.

Unfortunately, I work 8-10 hours a day and have a live-in GF, so my WoW time is limited to about an hour a day. During that time, in which "I'm paying to play the game" (since that means so much to people), I'd much rather BG or Arena and have my character live for more than 5 seconds, than get ambush critted to the GY everytime i click release.

Thus, I have a clicker and 'farm' honor while I'm at work. And when I get home, I cash it in and enjoy the game when for the bit that I get to play.

Sorry I caused you a world of hurt and brought forth the destruction of mankind by standing in the tunnel in AV... /comfort.
    "Back in my day sonny, when I was God and was worshipped because I raided during Chocolate, the computer monitor punched you in the mouth if you botched your rotation. Things were hard. And I mean harder than hard. I am soo xxx hardcorez xxx. You are a nub, and I am a super elite raider because I happened to play before any expansions. By gosh, I had to walk uphill BOTH WAYS to get to and from orgrimmar. " --The 1337 vanilla player who is inexplicably always better than you. No matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreznel
    these are for people that think reporting the AFK actually does something cause reporting a bot isnt going to stop it from joining the next game
    Yes, reporting for AFK actually do something, and it is to prevent AFKers to get something that you work for.

The problem with the system without an addon is that you have to spend more time reporting, than fighting the enemy, that's why it's better to use something that'll do it for you.

It may not solve 100% of the cases, but at least will help to solve some of them.

Well, so far i have got 2 Characters from 71-80 while AFK in AV. Free mount/Tabard and maxed out Honor once i hit 80 is nice. I will play some while in AV, but mostly it is running while i am watching TV.

I've only done this with alts, all of which i have hand leveled from 58-71 so i know how to play the class at least in on spec, the rest i read up on while they are hitting 80 so by the time they are 80 I already have macros, specs and rotations ready to go for all the different specs of the class.

Got 3 more characters to go from 71-80.. so ... AV will be my home on non-raid nights.

Pathetic :

Quote Originally Posted by bujaberry
    While i'm AFK I'm enjoying a great movie while the honor i need is being farmed for me, so THEN i can enjoy the game.
    Pathetic...

So you get less honor per hour since you don't do shit in the BG, AND you don't help your team to win... so more chance you will lose... gaining even less honor.

So instead of taking 10 days to gear your character you take 30... brilliant !

On top of that, what you just said can very well be taken as: I have fun when I outgear ppl and faceroll like no-brainer... god foresake I have actual challenge because am not geared !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Croz730
    Well, so far i have got 2 Characters from 71-80 while AFK in AV. Free mount/Tabard and maxed out Honor once i hit 80 is nice. I will play some while in AV, but mostly it is running while i am watching TV.

I've only done this with alts, all of which i have hand leveled from 58-71 so i know how to play the class at least in on spec, the rest i read up on while they are hitting 80 so by the time they are 80 I already have macros, specs and rotations ready to go for all the different specs of the class.

Got 3 more characters to go from 71-80.. so ... AV will be my home on non-raid nights.
    this is about 99% of my AFK life story im glad to have 10 80s that i dont have enough time to play but it creates nice bank when i decide to sell my account

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    Pathetic...

So you get less honor per hour since you don't do shit in the BG, AND you don't help your team to win... so more chance you will lose... gaining even less honor.

So instead of taking 10 days to gear your character you take 30... brilliant !

On top of that, what you just said can very well be taken as: I have fun when I outgear ppl and faceroll like no-brainer... god foresake I have actual challenge because am not geared !!!

thing is when i play this game its to arena and i dont feel like grinding honor tryharding waiting for billy and jim on my team to not fuck up so my personal simple fix is not worry about it and let the part of the game i can care less about play for its self. i play this game for arenas not BGs and to do arenas you need to do BGs so you figure it out

So uhh...not that I intend to use it for anything else than for educational purposes in the spirit of developing more effective anti-bot addons, but any chance of a hint as to what script you're using?

thing is when i play this game its to arena and i dont feel like grinding honor tryharding waiting for billy and jim on my team to not fuck up so my personal simple fix is not worry about it and let the part of the game i can care less about play for its self. i play this game for arenas not BGs and to do arenas you need to do BGs so you figure it out
    What this man said. Can't agree more.

And just to add to the argument, i'm not farming honor to outgear opponents. You really should check into arenas if you're going to attempt to have a discussion about them. FYI, 90% of the teams i meet are BiS gear available (by that i mean full furious main armor, t2 weapon, full relentless offset pieces, and soon to have t2 new season weapon).

Oh, and just for the record, hit 2k in hatefuls first week of new season not playing a cleave. Hows that for a challenge?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Let's be honest, when we're talking about leveling 71-80 in AV, There are a few things I know for sure:

1.) I would rather all of the lvl 71s AFK some place, because otherwise they will be one shot, and our reinforcements will drop faster.

2.) Both Alliance and horde have afkers, maybe not 1 for 1 in each bg, but over all it evens out.

3. Who really cares if you lose....as long as your team isn't losing every BG then get over it, AV lasts 15 minutes max and you can get a good bit of honor whether you win or lose.

The issue here isn't with Dreznel, the arena/bg relationship is broken currently and Blizzard is working to address it. As of right now, if you want to Arena, you NEED to bg to get honor gear to keep up. More so than any other aspect of the game Arenas are VERY gear dependent. Gear isn't everything, however only the best players, in the best class combos, and best gear generally make gladiator.

Personally I don't arena often or at high levels, but if i could AFK my way to gladiator weapons and a fancy mount, I'd do it.

Everything in wow is designed to keep players glued the the screen, keep them thinking about wow when they aren't playing (forums) and of course keep subscriptions up. To be able to get the hell away from WoW and still make progress on your character is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriousdoom
    I always report people being afk.
    And your avatar is a cat spawning box =D

btw. you guys should get yourself a wow-addicted little brother who plays for you.
    I wish i had one.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".