Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Suggestion - Re-making Frost trap.

Any melee or caster hates being kited, especially when its by a hunter when you can't LoS and have a constant 50% snare being shot at and kited around. I find it annoying as a rogue, Evasion helps, but due to RNG that 25% miss isn't going to occur often, I could sprint over the Frost trap, but its no good if the hunter just disengages over the trap again and kite me around.

My solution is to make Frost trap into something like CoI but instead an AoE type that lasts for 30 seconds on the floor, and allows you to regain speed every (X) amount of time. This also means hunters would need to door more rather than just kite around, which means it takes more skill.

Re: Suggestion - Re-making Frost trap.

The trap is fine, leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurentony
    Says the PvE warrior.

No, as said, the trap is just fine, as you can see where it lies, you can simply walk around. And rogues already have a greater increase of detect traps, and then again, rogues can dismantle them in stealth or walk around them. Mages can blink out, warlocks can teleport out, almost every class has something to get out of it. Rogues have CoS. tadaa

tbh, if you're a rogue, you clearly dont know how to play your class.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

WHAT?! A Certain class has a counter to your class and u want to replace the (perfectly fine) frost trap with ANOTHER Move THAT Already Exsists?

Dont tell me, you would like Charge as well?

Get over it, other classes have to put up with it and if u didnt kill the hunter fast enough u deserve to be kited

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ss-Time-Warden

Let's all put this link in our sig, and pray that the 4th expansion of WoW includes THIS Hero Class! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Rodian
    No, as said, the trap is just fine, as you can see where it lies, you can simply walk around. And rogues already have a greater increase of detect traps, and then again, rogues can dismantle them in stealth or walk around them. Mages can blink out, warlocks can teleport out, almost every class has something to get out of it. Rogues have CoS. tadaa
    Yeah, when do you have the time to disarm the trap while your partner is being pressured on? CoS doesn't work on Frost trap dumbass, never did never will. Honestly people these days with stupid replies, Locks can port yes, mages can blink yes, They can LoS their healer yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigablast
    WHAT?! A Certain class has a counter to your class and u want to replace the (perfectly fine) frost trap with ANOTHER Move THAT Already Exsists?

Dont tell me, you would like Charge as well?

Get over it, other classes have to put up with it and if u didnt kill the hunter fast enough u deserve to be kited

"Didn't kill the hunter fast enough u deserve to be kited" That goes for any situation right? They just charge in and shoot you from 100% to 0% yeah? Sure we couldn't kill them fast enough because my partner was being zerged or I was being kited around in the first place. Nice way of saying "I have no experience so I'm just gonna be a dumbass and say stupid shit" Honestly, To PvE'rs posting on this topic, gtfo.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Well dont bitch about something that doesnt need to be fixed
    Or try some way of not setting it off prehaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjollnir
    To PvE'rs posting on this topic, gtfo.
    So what are you? u cant be PVE otherwise u wouldnt care about Frost Traps and ya cant be a PVPer because u would know the way around a Frost Trap

..... i rofl'd

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ss-Time-Warden

Let's all put this link in our sig, and pray that the 4th expansion of WoW includes THIS Hero Class! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Gigablast
    Well dont bitch about something that doesnt need to be fixed
    Or try some way of not setting it off prehaps?

So what are you? u cant be PVE otherwise u wouldnt care about Frost Traps and ya cant be a PVPer because u would know the way around a Frost Trap

..... i rofl'd
    "I rofl'd at my retarded comment"

Ya can't be a PvPer if you aint got teamwork, u can't be PvE if your too retarded to realize the simplest strategies. You PvE'rs are all the same, extremely retarded to recognize the simplest things that could be drawn onto a piece of paper.

Aside from that, Blizzard has also said that they want Hunters to be a class that doesn't rely on kiting too much.

Crippling poison ftw..

Quote Originally Posted by Badir
    Crippling poison ftw..
    Dispel/disengage ftw...

Mjollnir...

First off Its fine to have your own views on something but calling people "dumbass" and such for expressing their opinions on the subject is a fast way to get your topic locked and a possible forum suspension... These forums do have rules on conduct and while you may think they are not upheld they actually are...

Second suggestions are meaningless on MMO you are better off on the official World of Warcraft forums if you want a possibility of any changes happening.

Lastly while I agree that being kited sucks I don't think changing the trap to a Chains of Ice effect is the way to fix it... And another thing is that you are looking at this from a 1v1 view point which blizzard has said time and time again that they do not balance around 1v1.
    CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS RAIDERS! YYYYYAAAAAYYYYY!!!

Dispel/disengage ftw...
    Vanish ftw
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Dispel/disengage ftw...
    Hunters do not have a dispel

Stuns ftw..

Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho
    Vanish ftw
    Sorry fails against frost trap and RNG.

Hunters do not have a dispel

Stuns ftw..
    Arena partners. I'm not talking about World PvP.

Sooooo... [All spells of all the other classes that could be your arena partner] ftw..

`No really, this Mjolnirr fella doesnt know how to play his class as a rogue. If he wants it changed to a CoI effect fine, but then it will be a heck lot more annoying as it continues to progress even when you get out of the trap. Currently, if you get out of the AoE the slowment leaves... Really, think through your topics first before posting

Why change something thats fine?

Any melee or caster hates being kited, especially when its by a hunter when you can't LoS and have a constant 50% snare being shot at and kited around. I find it annoying as a rogue, Evasion helps, but due to RNG that 25% miss isn't going to occur often, I could sprint over the Frost trap, but its no good if the hunter just disengages over the trap again and kite me around.

My solution is to make Frost trap into something like CoI but instead an AoE type that lasts for 30 seconds on the floor, and allows you to regain speed every (X) amount of time. This also means hunters would need to door more rather than just kite around, which means it takes more skill.
    So you're saying that as a melee class other classes' (in this case Hunters') kiting tools are annoying? This is true, but that is also why you have counters to their abilities. In your case it would be stealth, vanish, sprint, crippling poison, CoS, deadly throw, blind, and dismantle among others. There is also a universal counter to Hunter traps i.e. don't path over them.

tl;dr
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurentony

Sooooo... [All spells of all the other classes that could be your arena partner] ftw..
    Not including freedom, I doubt spells would help if ur partner is being cleaved down.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Why change something thats fine?
    If you consider being kited around and being zerged down with CDs up "Fine" then ok, I can say pressing ur auto-attack button is skilled.

Think of it as arena, You aint got time to disarm the traps in the middle of the match. You ain't got time to run around traps. In the beginning 50% of the time u might not get the trap because its too risky. In world PvP, it doesn't matter because its like a duel not something I care about.

CoS and vanish for the last time doesn't work against hunters/frost trap. Blind - Trinket, Dismantle - Melee range. Universal Counter to hunter traps in Duels? Or In arena? In arena you aint got time to worry about overpathing traps because it'll be armed straight after its placed (If the hunter is the focus'd target)

The CoI effect - Movement speed regained every (X) seconds during that 30 second duration. Frost trap is like Crippling as an AoE. Does it make much difference to the hunter and his kiting? No. Only difference there is, it makes it more skill based, where if the slow effect has diminished (When the trap is gone or they've moved out) They disengage or replace another one. Simple as that.

You wouldn't have time to disarm a trap during the middle of a match. You probably wouldn't even be able to get a vanish, even if you did theres a 50% chance it'll be RNG'd out. If you try to avoid it. It'll cost time and maybe the match.

You say you're talking about arena but you keep posting 1v1 scenarios.

In arena you're going to have anywhere from 1-4 other people helping you out. Try asking them for help.